The battle for Elysia

Old Mar 12 '10, 12:20pm
Elysian Knight

The battle for Elysia

The Battle for Elysia - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 8

Welcome, and thank you for taking the time to look at this Ad, I am looking for any inventive people to join me in writting a good story to tell the coming ages of Role players. your characters exploits in this game will live on in the history of my home made living game, I run conventions in my are and I want to have living feeling sense to this game. characters you encounter while playing with me will have been made by my players on my weekly game,Or by me, and they will encounter yours once they achieve greatness and renown, and will obtain a permanet level of greatness to be told by bards for generations, ie you become a King in this game here, when I play my game every week till I die, your char will be a king in thier realm, so with that being said please feel free to ask me any questions you like also open to suggestions

Game Description:

This is a homemade world have been building for many years. I have made it from the ground up and have played it many times, my players always enjoyed it, the concept is simple, build whatever you want, I will foster all character goals. with that said here are some statements

1.) It is what I would call a Full metal Fantasy to steal the tag off iron kingdoms, So with that said those of you with knowledge of the Iron Kingdoms "Liber Mechanika" rules by the Privateer Press for mechanika will have an advantage, also Swords and Sorcery's "Dragon Mech" book has inspired a new direction for it, so, those 2 books will be allowed even recommended reading them for good ideas for chars, but, actually ALL, books classes feats skills abilities and items can be used in any game I run.

2.) Regardless of source material if its wired for D20 I will allow it. Tho with that said I do reserve my right to veto any combination for the sake of simplicity or just doesn't fit in the flavor, do not worry if you do not have the books I stated, I beg borrow and steal rules to govern the creation of some pretty crazy requests from my players, its all about YOU. I am very lax in game play but will use rules for combat, etc.

3.) I am looking to start a 10th level campaign based in a metropolis by the name of Elysia. It is a mountain stronghold populated by Elysian "humans" and their Dwarven neighbors who helped them build it. The main storyline is up to you, My players. I will introduce story line arcs and plots but treat this as a sandbox you can develop whatever arcs you wish, I see this as a non-linear,game and I promise to keep it interesting, All I ask is ample warning if you cannot post IE, vacation for a long time with that being said, send applications i look forward to reviewing your sheets,

the Qualifications are:

Last edited by Abbatoir; Mar 12 '10 at 12:27pm.. Reason: Wrong idea stated
To be honest with you, 90 percent of the D&D 3.5 games being hosted on myth-weavers right now are 1st level games. You might want to consider bumping the starting ECL up at least a few levels. But, that's just my opinion and what I'd like to see happen. Hopefully others will agree with me.

Actually, I was thinking that i may up the level based on responses like this, I am open to everything in between 1 to 15 what would you suggest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbatoir View Post
Actually, I was thinking that i may up the level based on responses like this, I am open to everything in between 1 to 15 what would you suggest?
If you want to run a semi-low level game that still gives players a little stretching room, you should run a game with starting ECL 5 to 7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rage Incarnate View Post
If you want to run a semi-low level game that still gives players a little stretching room, you should run a game with starting ECL 5 to 7.
All right, thank you, I think I'll make the neccesary adjustments, anything else you could suggest?

How much of the campaign is roleplay? I really want to play retrofit an old 2e multiclassed barbarian of mine, but roll-playing fighter types just suck in 3e when amongst spellcasters.

I wouldent say its very role play heavy, its entirely up to the players involved Ill cater to anyones needs, I am very descriptive, if you go off and do barbarian things then il cater to your play style just as i will for everyone else

Hrm. Posting interest, assuming you don't have a problem with evil characters. I'm thinking enchanter, dumping evocation (I know! Insane!).

Actually, it'll be a character I've played before, which I started out at 1 (or very low) and went all the way to Epic. Favorite character I've ever played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogy View Post
Hrm. Posting interest, assuming you don't have a problem with evil characters. I'm thinking enchanter, dumping evocation (I know! Insane!).

Actually, it'll be a character I've played before, which I started out at 1 (or very low) and went all the way to Epic. Favorite character I've ever played.
no problem with alignments, i actually enjoy watching and waiting for inevitble confronations makes the game more organic, just pray you can keep ahead of anyone with detect evil:P