Notices


Fording the Dreiset [Gauss, Merlana, mzipser, MzNurse, The Bushranger]

 
Layna shakes her head at the whole encounter. You don't just wander off like that. It probably would have gone worse for Talia than it would have the rest of the group, but still...

Sure, Layna could lead the group to River Forge, but getting the information about the West Merui Company would be another story. She was sure Astaban and Karn would figure out something, but she hadn't put up with Talia this long to leave her behind if she could avoid it. From the far side of the river Layna calls loudly, "Up to you. You could try upstream or downstream some, if you'd rather swim."

You know, Layna thought as she sat on her horse waiting for the rest of the group to cross the river, a bit of rope and we could tie Talia to her horse and be in River Forge in no time.

Karn reaches back and takes out his rope. Tying one end to his waist, he tosses the other end to Astaban.

"Enough jabberin'", he says, "Let's get this done. Astaban, hang on to this and pull me back if I fall in the river. Might as well see if we can get across here."

After making sure his jug is tied on tight, Karn moves his horse into the river and begins to
let me know what kind of rolls I need to make
cross.

Astaban nods and says, "Okay, I have you secured," as Karn wanders into the water to bring Talia across the river.

Tobie sat on her horse, next to Astaban, and waited patiently.

Astaban wraps the rope around his arm and braces himself against his horse, as Karn travels into the river.

After the incident at the mill, the crossing is blissfully uneventful and the party finds itself on the east bank with only damp boots and leggings to show for the endeavor. The water is cool but not so cold as to cause the horses to cramp up, and they stamp and prance eagerly as they emerge from the river to stand on the soft sod.

Once Talia and Karn are across, he releases his hold on the rope, and hands it back to Karn.

After giving them a moment to dry off, during which he is
spot:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 7)
These dice were omitted, altered, or moved: 1d20+7
Original Dice: 1d20+7
watching and
listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 9)
listening for any other signs of life, he says, "Shall we be on our way?"

Yeah...le's go Tobie said quietly. She had been
listen:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2
d20 Results: 3 (Total = 5)
search:
Dice Roll:
1d20-1
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 19)
spot:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 21)
standing guard while Astaban helped the others across, and continued to watch as she turned her horse to head out.

Talia

Crossing the river Talia had clung to Night for what looked to her like dear life though of falling in and getting wet seemed like it was equal to dieing to Talia. Grimacing at the touch of the cold water, "This is colder than all hells, why couldn't we just take a fairy across or find some one with a boat, Ah... too cold" getting across with only her boots getting wet though seems to be fine as she complains about the cold water.

On the other side though she
spot check:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 5)
looks around for the southern entrance to the city. She does wait for the others to head for the gate as she does
Knowledge (local) check:
Dice Roll:
1d20+3
d20 Results: 1 (Total = 4)
think about where a good palace to stay would be away from any possible problems.

Astaban chuckles for a brief second, then asks Layna quietly, "So, continue on the direction in which we were heading?"





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Myth-Weavers Status