The Mad King's Rule:Recruiting

Old Mar 30 '10, 12:01am
Blood and bloody ashes

The Mad King's Rule:Recruiting

The Mad King's Rule - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 1

Time to give this another try. This is going to be a basic game, hopefully long-term starting at 1st level and hopefully going into the teens and beyond. This is set in a world of my own creation. Some names and places I have stolen from some of my favorite books.

It is a dark time on the vast continent of Aedon. The centuries upon centuries of wealth and prosperity are over. In the country of Aedon, the main country on the continent, the Mad king rules from a distant fortress in the blasted lands. Death and destruction were rampant in the horrid years following the Mad King’s hostile takeover where he overthrew the High King Edmund and plunged this land into what some are calling the Cursed Age. It is the year CA 37; the 37th year since the Mad King took over and in a far corner of his kingdom, there is a glimmer of hope. The small port town of Thrithing has been laid siege to by a young Black Dragon, who demands tribute from the townspeople. That’s where you come in.

Rules:
4-6 players
1st Level
6m4d6v1 or 32 point buy, if you roll and don't like your stats, use the point buy. I may allow re-rolls in certain instances, just ask.
I have access to the SRD, and have my own PH and DMG, so anything from there is ok, if you want to run something else, ask and i'll see about getting access to a book.
Roll starting gold, but if it is less than half, take half gold
traits/flaws: ask, i will say yea or nay, but beware, you MUST roleplay them (No noncombatant for wizards, i mean come on!)
No Psionics

Apps should look like this:
Name: Self-explanatory.
Race:
Physical Description: Here, give your gender, overall description, clothing you usually wear, etc.
Personality: Your overall personality, how you interact with others, what are your flaws, etc.
Likes/Dislikes: What your character likes and what he doesn't like, what he does to pass time, etc.
Backstory: How did your character grow up, was there anything impacting in his childhood, etc.
Abilities/Skills: stuff that you’re able to do beyond your class. Like if you’re a wizard with Craft (armorsmithing) I want to know why
Additional Information: If you think it is necessary. Like information about relatives or something. Only if you think is necessary, though.
Posting Avaiability: How many times per day/week you can post. I'll give preference to those people with high posting rates, but I will consider all submissions, so even if you can't post very much, don't worry.
Color: is there a color that you like to post with.

In addition, I would like a statblock for your character.

I think that covers it, If there is anything i haven't mentioned, ask and i'll get back to you on it.

Game Description:

This is going to be a basic game, hopefully long-term starting at 1st level and hopefully going into the teens and beyond. This is set in a world of my own creation. Some names and places I have stolen from some of my favorite books.

It is a dark time on the vast continent of Aedon. The centuries upon centuries of wealth and prosperity are over. In the country of Aedon, the main country on the continent, the Mad king rules from a distant fortress in the blasted lands. Death and destruction were rampant in the horrid years following the Mad Kingís hostile takeover where he overthrew the High King Edmund and plunged this land into what some are calling the Cursed Age. It is the year CA 37; the 37th year since the Mad King took over and in a far corner of his kingdom, there is a glimmer of hope. The small port town of Thrithing has been laid siege to by a young Black Dragon, who demands tribute from the townspeople. Thatís where you come in.

Last edited by Jadyn; Mar 30 '10 at 12:16am..
Posting to show interest, I am however, new to dnd in general, would you still like to have me try? I'm a quick learner and I know many of the basics. Not just some of the small details. And its kind of my first time doing stuff PbP but I'm creative :P

If you're new, that's fine, i'm still kinda new on the DMing thing. We will help you out if you need it.

haha alright. I'm finishing up a character sheet, I'll put in an app soon Where should I post them? :x

IF I were to roll my stats, where do you want me to post it?

Jadyn: If you are using core rules only, why don't you use the Pathfinder system? It addresses a number of the problems from 3.5e, and tries to rectify them. Some, not all, but it is enough, I believe.

Just a suggestion.