Notices

Part 2 - Felucia

"I still don't want him" Mist mumbles, shooting a dirty look at Quirky.
As Hopla seems like the safest person to be around, Mist decides to stay as close to him as possible.

"Alright... let's go..." states Khen as he begins to head out with the angry R5 trailing behind him.

Dice Roll: 1d20+3+4
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 13)
Survival w/aid

I assume It's Survival and not Stealth (at least not until we get closer).
OOC

Khen leads the group off as indicated on the holo. He is followed not far off by R5, with Quirky perched atop him. Next in line is Hopla and Mist, followed by Ivar and in the rear, IG-198. Felucia is very different from the sands of Tatooine the jawa grew up on. And the predators here are potentially more dangerous. Very quickly they come across a trail with acklay tracks, lots of them. The group then backtracks a little and spends the next hour skirting the edge of a boggy marsh.

Aside from the colorful and exotic fungus that cover the planet, little of note is seen.

OOCNext Survival check please. I'll take up to 5 more at this time, but you can make them one at a time if you are worried about the results or mishaps, or if you think you will want to change the marching order or method of your travel. Or if anyone plans to do something other than try and travel safely, let me know...

Dice Roll: 1d20+3+4
d20 Results: 13 (Total = 20)
Survival w/aid

I'll do them one at a time, just in case...
OOC

Having finally gotten around the bog, Khen leads the group through a fungal forest, with wonderful dry ground. The highlights seen here are a herd of giant grub-like animals, some scene high atop tall fungi. The colorful grub-like animals are nearly as big as banthas, and seem equally harmless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclint View Post
Having finally gotten around the bog, Khen leads the group through a fungal forest, with wonderful dry ground. The highlights seen here are a herd of giant grub-like animals, some scene high atop tall fungi. The colorful grub-like animals are nearly as big as banthas, and seem equally harmless.
"This is a good place to rest if anyone needs too. Let me know if you need a few minutes before we continue." states Khen.

Felucia Overland Skill Challenge

CL 2 Skill Challenge with Complexity 1
You need 5 successes before 3 failures.

I am doing this skill challenge with complete disclosure.

For this you will travel the wilds of Felucia towards the Imperial outpost. Success means you travel well and make it to the checkpoint I have in mind. Failure means the tough environment takes it toll on you and you become completely and utterly lost.

Each player must make one action before anyone can make a second action.

For your action, you can optimally use a skill. Other options include using a feat, talent or piece of equipment. Perhaps even making a combat action. Aid another has special rules.

Optional rulesFailure Condition:
If you fail the skill challenge, you lose the use of your second wind for the day.
Loss of second wind.

Second Effort : If you fail at your action, you can choose to have a setback befall you to avoid counting the failure in the challenge. This ill-effect could be condition track movement, damage or something else.

Extreme Success: If you succeed by 10 or more it counts as two successes.

Skills and DCsThese are the DCs of the pre-set skills, others are possible if you can come up with a good use and DC will be set then.

Easy DC 14
Climb
Endurance
Jump
Knowledge (life sciences)
Survival

Medium DC 19
Acrobatics
Knowledge (Galactic Lore)
Stealth

Moderate DC 24
Perception
Use the Force

Hard DC 27

Heroic DC 31

Having already become lost, and reversing course, the heroes regroup in the fungal forest, surrounded by harmless herd of giant grubb-like animals. After a brief rest for water and food for the non-droids, everyone is ready to set out again...

During the brief halt, Hopla attempts to touch the Force, hoping it will guide them through this jungle. He also asks the others how they are holding up, except the IG unit--to the droid, he simply nods, knowing it needs no food or water or rest. He cleans R5 and inspects the damage the monkeylizard has done. To the monkeylizard itself, he says (wondering if it understands), "I do not wish to abandon you. But you must not damage R5."

The damage to R5 is mostly superficial.

He also considers what has gone wrong thus far in their journey. They disturbed a group of animals that fled before them, and which obscured the trail they had been following as they tore through the forest. Mist also slipped in the muck once or twice, unused to her boots. Hopla also tries to recall more about the planet, hoping he'll remember something that might help them.

"Khen," he says, "Perhaps you should lead us at a slightly greater distance, so you can use your stealth and warn the rest of us away from disturbing other animals."

To Mist he says, "Those boots feel clumsy to you, I fear. A cat woman was not meant for boots, but you can get used to them. Imagine it is an acrobatic game, where you must make your way with weights on your feet." He uses some water to clean her cloak, to preempt her possible attempts to clean it the usual cat-way.

This is an attempt to role-play in the skills for the skill challenge. I hope this is appropriate, and that I understand the skill challenge rules. If I am wrong, I will repost.
OOC