Notices

The Hidden Coast - Looking for more players!

Old Apr 30 '10, 7:50am
Joker

The Hidden Coast - Looking for more players!

The Hidden Coast - Forum
Pathfinder
Estimated Members Requested: 3

The Hidden Coast was a game I started a while back mostly for the purpose of me gaining some exp as a PBP DM. I'm mostly just running prepublished adventures, modified to suit my whims. The game started off with the player characters meeting in a dungeon in the middle of a storm and they were supposed to go on many adventures together.

Many players have come and gone now. Of the 4 original players, only 1 still remains active in the game. He and two other players that joined later are looking for more people to adventure with! That's where you come in!

What I am looking for: 2 to 3 more players to join up with the group in the town of Duvik's Pass. The plague may have ended (or at least, it will by the time any new players join the game) thanks to the efforts of the heroes, but there's still more adventure to be had!

Dedicated rogue or spellcaster types (especially clerics) are encouraged, as the party doesn't really have either. But what I'm really looking for is players that are a) able to post regularly, and b) able to communicate with me if something comes up, if they have an issue with something in the game, or with me, etc.

Character creation:

Sources: Mostly core only, but also open to most things found on d20srd.org (If you're not sure, ask!)
Level: 2
Hit Points: Max at first level, average other levels
Gold: 900 gp
Races: Generally no monstrous races, unless you really have to play one. Use your own judgement.
Alignment: Good and lawful are fine and dandy but any alignment is allowed. However, if you have to ask, "will this be disruptive? should I play this character?" then you probably shouldn't!
Stats: 30 point buy.

Also, be sure to add a little bit about personality, background, etc. Maybe you're a resident of the town and are thankful to the heroes, or maybe you're just a traveller who was delayed by the quarantine. I want a specific goal or two for each character to include in the game.

I'm really not sure what else to say, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

Game Description:

Far to the west, across the Dry Sea, lies "civilization," the Western Kingdoms; a land of constant warring and strife. Over the years, many have braved the journey to the east to begin life anew in the Hidden Coast. The Hidden Coast - a land covered in fog and long shrouded in mystery. Sheltered from the western kingdoms by the hostile Dry Sea and the imposing peaks of the Windswept Mountains, the Hidden Coast is land said to be untamed and uncivilized. To the south lie the jungles and secluded city states of the Three Seas. To the north, tale has been spread far and wide of a harsh and inhospitable land at the peak of the world and the wild barbarians who live there.

But the Hidden Coast is not so different from other places. Here, farmers and villagers live out their lives in small, isolated towns and communities. Merchants travel the roads, rivers, and coasts, ever wary of bandits, pirates, and monsters.

I'm using the setup for this post that BetrayingTheMartyr used (so thank you Martyr)

Name: Glim "Nimble fingers" Garrick ( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=195571 )
Race: Gnome
Class and Level: Rouge, 2nd Level
Alignment: Chaotic Good.
Social Status: Wanderer

Physical Description: Standing at 3 foot 5 inches and always keeping a clean shaven face he is often mistaken for a human child. He tends to wear clothing suited to the area he is currently traveling in, stealing them when he can't afford them. He prefers loose fitting clothing so it's easier to hide a weapon when he's trying to pass off as a servant.

Personality: Glim spends most of his time quietly looking at a small golden ring on a iron chain. He prefers not to talk to people unless they speak to him first or he feels like something must be said. He doesn't show his emotions unless it can't be helped, and when asked about his past he quickly changes the subject.

History/Background: He was once a trader, husband, and father. He now travels the land looking for his next target. The rest of his history he doesn't discus with anyone.

Goals: He doesn't really have any long term goals only to get though each day without too much concern other then what his next "job" will entail.

Here's an example sheet, switched from Favored Soul to Warmage.

Geostone: I believe your character sheet is set to private, so I can't see it

Ruby: Things like wanting to find your mother is a good example of a goal your character might have

Lycar: You don't need to be a HERO, just don't be an antisocial jerk that drags the rest of the party down

I too shall borrow from BetrayingtheMartyr. Another thanks your way Martyr.

Stratus: Completed Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=204856)
Name: Yelsin
Race: Human
Class: Duskblade, 2nd level
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Social Status: Wandering Blade

Physical Discription: Yelsin is tall for a human. He has blue eyes and shoulder length blonde hair. His jawline is triangular and clean shaven. Yelsin doesn't have a mustache either but he does have side burns down to mid cheeks. His form is lean and quick.

Personality: Yelsin is arrogant and quick tempered. He believes his mastery of both blade and magic make him superior to those that do one or the other. He's even less supportive to those that try to marry the two but aren't as good. His other trait is loyalty. Once you've won that its very hard to lose his trust and respect.

History/Background: Apprenticed at an early age Yelsin spent his teenage years training to be a duskblade until he passed all the tests after age 20. For the past year he has wondered the land searching for ways to test his mettle. After a particular duel went nasty, he has spent time locked up in the town jail, so he missed the whole plague disaster no matter how he pleaded to be let out to help out. Yelsin couldn't pay the fines due to only have a few coins to his name, the mayor not willing to take some of his fine armor or weapons in lue of cold hard coin.

Ooh, color me interested. Before I put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard, as the case may be), I have a few questions. I've got a cool concept bouncing around in my head, begging to be played, so I'll need your help putting rules to her and translating her to the table.

This character was inspired by a character you may recognize if you've read the source material. She began life as a member of the royalty, a princess. Her job was primarily to look pretty and act as a figurehead while her family figured out who to marry her off to. She was always a sickly one, however, and spent the last three years of her life bedridden. Her brother, a master arcanist, spared no expense trying to cure her. When it was obvious that her frail body could not cling to this life much longer, he began experimenting with giving her a second life. He was willing to do anything, but ruled out undeath due to its poor track record with patient mental stability.

Finally, he hit on a solution. The king had recently commissioned a battalion of war golems to be created: the warforged. Using his influence, he had a master artisan create a beautiful porcelain body: a delicate, unarmored warforged. She was much more than a simple war machine, however. Her body had been built for lithe dexterity and nimble ability, which she adored. Using the warforged as a puppet, she was able to take care of herself for her last six months of life.

Her brother was not willing to end at giving her a puppet body, however. As she twisted, sweated, and gasped for air in the middle of the night, he was there. As she choked, her entire body feeling like it was burning from her fever, he took out a specially prepared gem. At the moment of her last living breath, he trapped her soul, preventing it from leaving this life and departing to the afterlife. Instead, using a delicate process understood by few, he managed what none had ever dared to attempt before: he had restored his sister to life inside the wood and ceramic body of the golem.

Afterward, she was driven from the family, and now seeks to make a name on her own (and possibly start her own noble house). I was thinking of using a warforged with the Unarmored Body feat to simulate this second body, with your permission. With your go-ahead, I'll begin work on the application.

Dravda good character concept. I'd personally like to see this character played out (although I have no say in the matter), the warforged is an interesting race to play. Her interaction with non-warforged would be difficult because they'd expect her to be a weapon and perfect solider and the warforged might see her as one of three things, someone that they one day could be like (treated as a person not a weapon), just another warforged, or possibly an abomination.

Working on a druid.

Just curious... any time frame on when you think you'll make your choice?