Player Input

Player Input

I'm big on player input, as you guys already know...after all, we're playing this game together

the OOC thread is nice, but a wee bit disorganized, naturally. Probably better to have a fresh thread for it anyway

Suggested topics of discussion:
  • What would you like to do?
  • Where would you like to go?
  • Comments/Concerns on the game itself.
  • Customization, whether to the world, to a class, etc
And anything else you like, those are just the most obvious ones

Also, don't hold back if you have legitimate concerns, issues, worries, problems, etc with the game or the way I run it. If it makes you unhappy, it makes ME unhappy - post it up, and we'll fix it!

Hmm... Go... Maybe something with snow. Not the ice cave. Like, ice tundra. Siberian forests.

What to do? Well... We've just faced a big army. Maybe next time, a single very big enemy?

Quote:
What to do? Well... We've just faced a big army. Maybe next time, a single very big enemy?
way ahead of you on that one

...not to mention my Notepad almost spontaneously combusted after such a massive battle-info overload
monster info, loot, xp, actions, effects.... hehe.
Tried counting the total number of combatants during Round 1 - got halfway through and said "heck no"

I really liked the puzzles we found in the ice caves.

The "In the Night" thread was fun too.

I am curious how all the information we have will be tied together. I have a suspicion of what's coming soon, and hope somewhat that I'm wrong.

Also, how about the possibility of being tasked with starting an Order outpost? From a fixed point, we could clear out the area to a certain range, which would give us many opportunities for adventures. It would also give us a place where we could do research into new spells, weapons, gear, magic items, etc.

When we first joined the Order, we each met with one of the leaders. Could we have another meeting with them at some point to learn more about the Order and the big picture of the organization? Garak has a lot of bits of information, and I think he could put it all together if he could ask a few direct questions of the leadership. Does the Order have ranks and medals/etc like the military? That could be fun for later if we could get Order assigned followers at a certain rank, so we could undertake additional large-scale battles.

Speaking of disclosing information, Garak will do so once the current battle is over. I think our new friends (so long as they don't die ) will add much to our knowledge, and together we can find our way closer to the council of mages and eliminate that thorn from the Order's side.

In regard to complaints or issues, I have none. This is an awesome game.

The only request I would have is if the maps could be more to scale with coordinates so we can better plan our actions. Your maps are great, but sometimes confusing.

But like Garak says, awesome game. Keep up the good work.

*** PS. Raz asked me to suggest that we stage the next part of the game at the Queen's Honey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
The only request I would have is if the maps could be more to scale with coordinates so we can better plan our actions. Your maps are great, but sometimes confusing.
I've been concerned about that as well - I could probably use MS Paint to "glue" a grid/number system on somehow....unless any of you guys know a better way?

Maybe a program that generates a grid/numbers/letters, and you can paste in your image?

Could you paste your map into excel, then screen print it -- saving to paint (or powerpoint and save as a jpg)???

That would give you the grid numbers and give us a better idea...

That seems to work decently, but its a bit of a hassle to add the grid to a "full-size" map view(which would require 4 separate paint copy-paste-crop-delete workjobs)

Here's the results on a "standard" map view:

Thoughts?

edit: aha! Figured out why my maps always look so small online here!
Photobucket resizes em to 800x500! duh....attached Battlemaps are BIGGER and easier to see, as they are properly sized...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battlemap 11 Grid-Test.JPG (125.1 KB, 0 views)

artefacts!!
... and some more puzzles (although Joachim is not the brightest) ...
oh and some more greatswords
uhh and a companion ...

Also I would love to go somewhere sea setting-ish ... Islands and that ... some more water. Snow seems fun as well. Mountains and Mines.

How about a mission to infiltrate an enemy base, retrieve an item (artifact) and rescue a hostage, and escape again?