Notices

Hidden dangers of Ishiza

Old May 12 '10, 7:14pm
I am the Fallen Dweller

Hidden dangers of Ishiza

Hidden Dangers of Being a Travler in Ishiza - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 4e
Estimated Members Requested: 10

The Peninsula of Ishiza, a beautiful place to live full of vast, lush forests, high peaked, snowy mountains, and roaring rivers of fresh blue springs, that was, if it wasn’t for the monsters and demons that roamed the land. Even the simplest serf carries a blade and buckler, women and children armed with daggers, all in fear of being robbed, killed, or worse. Many have gone on brave adventures to try and conquer these beasts, or find what causes them to attack the people and stop it, none have come back alive.

Many speak of a great and powerful demon that commands the other monster’s to do his bidding or face his wrath; others say it is a sorcerer or a very powerful magus who can bend the minds of these beasts. Many that have been slain have been heard screaming with their dying breath “Alika”, which is undercommon for “master.”

It is the seventeenth year of the fourth age, “The Age of Monsters” as it has been dubbed by many, knight and serf alike. You, a band of adventurers and thrill seekers, now attempt to make your own chronicle, to pass where many others have failed and fallen, and to rid these lands of the evil that makes other’s weep and cringe in their holes, their young trembling at their feet.

[Campaign story line]
You are a group of travelers, rag tag, or with a mission, all looking to rid these lands of the evil that plagues them so that your family and friends, or just the common man, can walk the streets without shivering from fright at the thought of being attacked by monsters. What dangers you will face down this road is beyond you, yet you don’t cringe, you don’t fear, for you will see it through to the end.

[Out of the game set up]
We’ll be starting you off at level one, though you’ll be getting moved to level two rather quickly. You’ll be using the 22 point buy or standard array method (if you don’t feel like working out the math on it, this also counts for using the samples in PHB for 22 point buy) to determine your ability skills, as to which you choose, that’s your pick. You’ll have more than enough money to buy what you want, starting with 150 GP for gear before you start off, any leftover will not be allowed to be kept however, it’ll be assumed that you used it for room and board. Pooling I will allow however, example. Josh, a fighter, wants to buy plate but only has 2 silver. His companions have a grand total of 14.8 GP together, and where they are, plate costs 15. They can pool their gold to him and he can buy it that way.

[In game movement and battles]
We’ll be using a program called Ditze for campaign system and battle movement. The maps will all most likely be my own, custom maps. I might now and then use premade maps, but very rarely. The maps will be paint, dungeon Crafter III (once I figure out how to make it), and any other supplement I can make. So please, I’m using everything at my disposal, give me a break. I will explain for my custom content what each type means for tile, structure, ext.

[Base asking]
Expecting at least 4 people to join so I have the bases, but I will take a group as large as 10 alone (open to other gm’s who wish to run joint campaigns). Once we have all of our people, we’ll have to discuss who are what class, names, and etcetera. Also, I’d like to ask that you know you can be able to post when asked, if I don’t hear from you for about three days, I’ll take control and make them vanish to the background till you return.

Lastly, HAVE FUN!

note: if anyone wants to work with me to DM this game, I will. which means more than 10 can be taken.

Game Description:

The Peninsula of Ishiza, a beautiful place to live full of vast, lush forests, high peaked, snowy mountains, and roaring rivers of fresh blue springs, that was, if it wasn’t for the monsters and demons that roamed the land. Even the simplest serf carries a blade and buckler, women and children armed with daggers, all in fear of being robbed, killed, or worse. Many have gone on brave adventures to try and conquer these beasts, or find what causes them to attack the people and stop it, none have come back alive.

Many speak of a great and powerful demon that commands the other monster’s to do his bidding or face his wrath; others say it is a sorcerer or a very powerful magus who can bend the minds of these beasts. Many that have been slain have been heard screaming with their dying breath “Alika”, which is undercommon for “master.”

It is the seventeenth year of the fourth age, “The Age of Monsters” as it has been dubbed by many, knight and serf alike. You, a band of adventurers and thrill seekers, now attempt to make your own chronicle, to pass where many others have failed and fallen, and to rid these lands of the evil that makes other’s weep and cringe in their holes, their young trembling at their feet.

Last edited by SkyWindKicker; May 12 '10 at 7:17pm..
I'm thinking perhaps going all the way to 30, but that could take years, depends on how long ya'll want it to go on.

as for supplements: all cores, PHB2, FRCG (the FRPHB also), AV, OG, and pretty much all that you can prove exsist in some way or another. My collection of 4 e is slowly growing, so I will eventually have a ton of books. I doubt I'll use stuff from DnD mag, and things like that, but I might if someone wants to give pointers/dm too and can give the sup's to me.

ASAP. you have what you can use and how to do so. Lets see what you come up with. Invites will be decided once i have who I'm using that is, if it goes over 10

edit: for now, I have to go to a therapy appointment (my ankle's tendon's got torn two years ago, still killing me)

I'd be interested. I have some characters I created for other games. The sheets would only need a few modifications. Either the character didn't get accepted to the game, or the game is no longer active. Or I could create a new character if that turns out to be useful.

Existing characters possibly looking for a home are a human or goliath warden (defender), a half-elf bard (leader), a dragonborn fighter (defender), a halfling wizard (controller), an eladrin warlord (leader) plus some half-started sheets for a few others.

Will try a dragon born Warlord

Sounds fun Will post an elf ranger multiclassed into Druid when I get off work

@Datura fox: any would be nice, I'm interested in your halfling wizard. I'm currently PCing a dwarf wizard, so I think it might work, but any of those sound fine.
@Jedibryan: Elves always make good rangers and druids, both combined might be nice. If I remember, you need to take a feat to be a multiclassed in 4e though.
@Wapsii: Your in for consideration. I've checked your character over, it meets all standards. The idea of a dragon warlord intrigues me me. I will invite you and decide who's staying after I have all the players who wish to join.

Please tell me if there's something not allowed in here. hybrid rules are in the phb3.

Name: Kentalot
Sex: Male
Race: Half-elf
Class: Hybrid Paladin | Bard