Notices


Combat 2 Dalt vs. flamechild

 
Combat 2 Dalt vs. flamechild

initative:
Dice Roll:
1d20+5
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 24)



Initiative:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1
d20 Results: 20 (Total = 21)

HP: 15/15
AC: 20 Touch: 15 F-F: 16

Not having brought his stick into a burning building, Dalt avoided the creature rather than deflecting the attack. Then he swung a
Dual Wield Attack 1:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 6)
left backhand at it while spinning
Not a full spin
shortly and finished the half circle with a
Dual Wield Attack 2:
Dice Roll:
1d20+4
d20 Results: 6 (Total = 10)
right inside fist.

The creature deftly steps out of the spinning blows, then drops to the ground, the features of a child momentarily flickering in the flames of it's face. A boy of about nine, all freckles and ears stares at you for just a moment, then hisses and springs to attack.

The creature springs forward in what should have been an easy attack to dodge, were it not for the broken piece of wood that catches Dalts shirt at just the wrong moment. You take the charge full in the chest, and the smell of burning flesh permeates the room. The thing tries to stay close to you, and your
Ref. save:
Dice Roll:
1d20+6
d20 Results: 18 (Total = 24)
clothes smolder a moment, but you easily twist under it and throw it back into melee range.

Behind the flame/child, you see the boy whose voice you heard before. No more than 12, he's huddled under a nearby counter-top. He cowers as he watches the combat unfold, then gathers himself together enough to shout
"What do I do?!"

HP: 7/15
AC: 20 Touch: 15 F-F: 16

"Gah!" flinching back from the hard blow, and for a moment, remembering his age. He noticed the boy's, both one the he was fighting and the one cowering, and made up his mind from there. Grinning madly, and speaking out to no one in particular, "You live boy! Just live!" he struck out quickly at the burning boy before him.


The flamechild throws itself to the floor, dodging the stunning attack. Behind you, the boy has gotten to his feet; he looks around, eyes darting toward to the door. As the flame child is distracted by your attack, he darts towards the door.

The small elemental whips around, a scream of rage on it's face, then
Aoo for you
makes for the boy, claws forming out of it's hands. Running faster than thought, the boy only makes it to the door, his back suddenly ripped open from a vicious attack. He doesn't seem to feel it, and manages to run out of the kitchen

HP: 7/15
AC: 20 Touch: 15 F-F: 16

Though he no longer wanted to hurt the small burning boy, by sheer reflex he struck out with full force when the opportunity presented itself. When the flaming child struck out at the other boy, it seemed more vicious a thing than any hungered animal. He moved in to strike twice more, but he kept out the intent to kill.



Gah! I didn't mean to alter any dice, I just wanted to insert the critical roll between them. The original d20s were: 19(24), 20(24), 16(20) while the original d6s were: 2, 4, 5
EDIT
On second glance, the dice didn't end up that different. Most weren't even effected, so whatever.
EDIT2

Your reflexive attack whips out with a lightning fast chop to where a neck would be on a human, at least. It
fire dmg.:
Dice Roll:
1d4
d4 Results: 1
burns But you ignore the pain, concentrating on bringing this thing down. You try pull the punch on your second strike, using a low, sweeping kick to knock the thing off balance; the attack is executed flawlessly, and would have left a normal opponent, hamstrings bruised, in a great deal of pain, but alive.

It would seem that these are no normal opponents, and the best that you can guess is that without internal anatomy, every part of them is as vital as any other; the thing doesn't even hit the ground. One moment it's there, and a split second of impact and
more fire damage:
Dice Roll:
1d4
d4 Results: 1
Heat later, there's nothing but some ash, mixing with the smoke in the room.

Even with all the noise, the room is eerily quiet. You cast about for the boy, but it would seem that he made it as far as the common room, at the least.

HP: 5/15

Not really having any real clues as to what happened with the angry fire-boy, Dalt stood in confusion. The building burning and snapping around him, however, reminded him that it would be best to ponder this later. He hurried back out to the lobby to check on the boy who was injured before.

With the townsfolk dealing with the child, Megara charges back inside a second time to see about the other man. It isn't long before he sees him in the lobby. "A child just ran outside to safety. Was that your doing?" He looks at the ruined stairs. "Some sort of flaming creature is above us, no doubt keeping the fires lit. It must be stopped, one way or another!"

Spot check:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1
d20 Results: 2 (Total = 3)
He looks for a suitable way to get up to the top floor again or, barring that, if the creature felt like coming down to them. "You should get yourself to safety, Old Timer."

Dalt grins a mischievous grin at the large man warning him of danger, "The safest path is forged! You know it! You know." He followed in suit in looking for a
Survival:
Dice Roll:
1d20+10
d20 Results: 14 (Total = 24)
suitable path upwards, one that would hopefully be negotiable without too much struggle or fire.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status