Combat 2 Dalt vs. flamechild

 
Dalt remembers seeing a servant stairway in the kitchen that was less ruined than the main one in the lobby. A quick dash later and you're both looking at it; the small stone stairway accends upwards, into the black darkness of the smoke. It's cramped, but it'll get you higher up. Unfortunately, the small space is completely full of smoke, and the scorched air in the tavern is far too harsh to draw up a full breath before you get up there... you're going to have to
you can hold your breath for twice your constitution score in rounds,before making checks. If you are injured, make a DC 15 concentration or loose the damage in rounds
hold your breath.

EDIT:Check the ooc, forgot that it was relevant

As the smoke thickens, Megara
Spot check:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 12)
strained his now watery eyes to see where they were even going. The last thing he needed was for that fiery child thing getting the drop on him again. As they ascend into the cloudier upper floor, he
Holding Breath: 31/32 rounds remaining.
takes a deep breath of the cleanest air available and marches forward.

The old man follows the large man, holding his breath.

I have no idea what Joe is talking about so, yea! Do the same.
ooc

Inside the darkness of the tunnel, the lack of anything flammable and the smoke make sight impossible. The air is deadly, and it only gets worse as you ascend the steps. Fortunately, the passage is brief; Unfortunately, you realize you're on the third floor. It's the attic of the building, and the smoke has gathered here to the point where it is impossible to see
Concealment (20%) for everything in it, -2 on spot checks
clearly and probably dangerous to breathe. You're in a small corridor than branches to the left and right, each passage ends in about 15 feet with a door.

@Megara [spot] - You manage to see enough through the smoke to see that the door to the right is ajar.

@Dalt[Listen] - You hear snarling from the end of the corridor to the right. It's the same sound as the fire-child was making.

Though Megara was hoping to find some way to vent the smoke, the door was just as intriguing. Somehow he doubted that opening it would be a good idea, but neither was running into a burning building. Twice. Besides, someone could still be here and panicked their way into the attic.

Approaching the door cautiously with flail at the ready, he slowly opens the door and
Spot check (including -2 penalty):
Dice Roll:
1d20-1
d20 Results: 4 (Total = 3)
peers inside...

@Megara: The room beyond, from what you can tell, was a storage room, and through the chaos, you think you can see the remains of a cot and a pile of belongings that has yet to burn. Aside from a couple of very small beams, the floor and what remains of a staircase has completely burned out, and you can seen down into the hallway where you rescued the halfling woman. The firechild is down there, snarling amongst the flames.

Across the gap in the floor, in the makeshift bedroom, you see the inert form of an orcish youngster: he's quite close to the edge, and getting to him will mean either
DC 15
balancing across the beams, or
DC 10, twice
climbing down one side and back up there other from below.

Barely seeing the boy, he knew he wasn't going to last very long up here if he wasn't already dead. The beam looked a bit too thin for his bulk to get across with any proficiency, and he didn't care much for the idea of potentially alerting the other fire creature. However, Megara certainly wasn't going to leave the youngster to his demise and so began
Climb checks (DC 10 each):
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 1d20+8
d20 Results: 9 (Total = 17)
d20 Results: 16 (Total = 24)
climbing his way over to him.

Believing it best to work together this time, Dalt followed after the large man down the hallway to the right in time to see him make some efforts at climbing around. He
Spot w/-2:
Dice Roll:
1d20+7
d20 Results: 11 (Total = 18)
looked about to figure out what the man was trying to accomplish.

@Dalt: You see the large figure ahead of you cast about looking for a way across to a figure you can see on the floor on the other side of the chasm in the floor. It seems like he'll be far too big to manage the delicate task of getting over there, but he moves with surprising agility, and in a few moments, he's managed to climb across the wall, using the few unburned handholds available.

@Megara: The task is not without difficulty, but you manage it with ease. You make it over to the prone figure of the boy. Below you, the fire elemental screams, and begins to pound the walls with fury, igniting anything that wasn't already on fire.

Making his way to the boy was not pleasant, but he was successful enough. Hoisting the boy up, he prepares to climb back across but pauses at the sound of the creature beneath them howling. Shaking his head slightly, he sets the boy over his shoulder and once again attempts to
Climb checks (probably higher DC since I'm also carrying someone):
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 1d20+8
d20 Results: 12 (Total = 20)
d20 Results: 19 (Total = 27)
make the crossing again.




 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Blog   Myth-Weavers Status