Wilderness Adventures Recruiting More!

Old May 30 '10, 8:44pm
Great Wyrm

Wilderness Adventures Recruiting More!

Wilderness Adventures - Forum
Dungeons & Dragons 3.5e - Forgotten Realms 3.5e
Estimated Members Requested: 5

We are looking for 1 player to join the seven already rolling along soon (within a week if possible). We currently have 2 scouts, 2 rangers, 1 bard, a druid and a cleric. Could probably use some sort of fighter/barbarian, paladin or maybe another cleric or druid. This character should be at level 2. We currently have 5 elves or varying sorts, a halfling and a human

I am also putting together a third group of four to explore. I have way too much work to be done in my world. I want 12 players all together, having three groups rolling at once, maybe even working together on large tasks. So you can swap players in and out of groups to change up the dynamic. I would like the new group to enter at level 3, and they can be pretty much anything, keeping in mind that ranged night fighting will be at a premium, since it'll be 75% out doors, surviving in the wild. If you'd like to be considered for either spot, just make your characters at level 2 and then if you're selected for the lvl 3 group, you can add that level once the new group gets started in probably 3 weeks or so.

Roll playing is important as well as crunching the mechanics. I am very detail oriented. Following the story, building relationships with NPC's, digging up information, communicating with other PC's, strategy and tactics will all be very important for story development.

If you submitted an application previously and were not selected, just post on the Application thread that you're back and are still interested.

Last edited by slakr73; Jun 1 '10 at 12:28pm..
I'm thinking of taking the place as that half-orc PC. I've always loved half-breed outcasts, and backstories are my specialty. just sit tight, and you'll see something worth accepting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisceanpaul View Post
Variant classes from Unearth Arcana are excluded, correct? I was thinking Planar Ranger, that's all.
Yeah, that's a bit too exotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marriclay View Post
I'm thinking of taking the place as that half-orc PC. I've always loved half-breed outcasts, and backstories are my specialty. just sit tight, and you'll see something worth accepting
Looking forward to it

I'm going to be making a Halfling Druid, with the Racial Substitutions described in Races of The Wild, if that's alright.

About the history of Ovoirae, is it possible that a Halfling Caravan has been remaining in the town for a few decades, a little time after the orcs seemed to stop causing trouble, and that my Druid was born and raised in the area? He'll also have an animal companion that he rides around on, so if there are any medium or large animals that a druid in the area might find companionship, could you perhaps suggest some?

Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
I'm going to be making a Halfling Druid, with the Racial Substitutions described in Races of The Wild, if that's alright.

About the history of Ovoirae, is it possible that a Halfling Caravan has been remaining in the town for a few decades, a little time after the orcs seemed to stop causing trouble, and that my Druid was born and raised in the area? He'll also have an animal companion that he rides around on, so if there are any medium or large animals that a druid in the area might find companionship, could you perhaps suggest some?
Yeah, most everything in races of the wild is good. I'm not an expert on ride-able animals, but a riding dog is pretty stock, I would also consider a medium monstrous spider or a dire badger, but I'd have to check the balance of anything out of the ordinary. See DMG pg 205. I would also allow a elven hound, but since you're no elf, all penalties apply.

You may find a lot of issues with riding in the woods at such a low level as well, so keep that in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr73 View Post
Yeah, most everything in races of the wild is good. I'm not an expert on ride-able animals, but a riding dog is pretty stock, I would also consider a medium monstrous spider or a dire badger, but I'd have to check the balance of anything out of the ordinary. See DMG pg 205. I would also allow a elven hound, but since you're no elf, all penalties apply.

You may find a lot of issues with riding in the woods at such a low level as well, so keep that in mind.
the classic wolf works too. plus, you can roleplay upgrading them to a dire wolf later on

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr73 View Post

Alright, well PLH2 has suggested the Brixashulty Animal Companion in Races of the Wild for a Halfling Druid and that seems to fit really well, so I think I'll go for that. As for riding in the woods, it may not always happen, but the potential to do so will always be there.