Character Creation OOC

I corrected the starting equipment on Alfgar. He's got just regular armor, weapons, and other equipment now.

Finalized ApplicationName: Rakaneth the Fated
Gender(if any): male
Race: Voidsoul Genasi
Class: Swordmage (Aegis of Shielding)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Occupation: Rakaneth is a disciple of the White Lotus master Drakken Koren, a githzerai who has mastered the arcane arts. To help support himself and his master, Rakaneth sells a few pieces of art he creates as a way of meditating upon his own void.
Place of Residence: Living in the Lower Ward suits Rakaneth just fine. The smoke and acrid smells don't bother him at all, being devoid of such paltry senses and emotions. In addition, it provides convenient access to the Harmonium and the Godsmen, whom Rakaneth enjoys engaging in different philosophical debates.
Character Overview: A genasi with the outlook and mentality of a githzerai. He is an enigmatic being prophesying the emptiness of all.
Character Appearance:
The scars on his face signify Rakaneth as a member of the Meynar-Ag Githzerai clan.
Personality: Rakaneth is a dry, intelligent, and uncharismatic being. Devoted entirely to his study and attainment of emptiness, which he considers the pinacle of enlightenment, despite being a genasi, he is completely absorbed and dedicated to githzerai culture and philosophy. In battle he is a focused, devastating foe. Mobile and able to strike with accuracy from his teachings, Rakaneth wields a combination of arcane and military might that combine to be particularly effective.
Background: Born tainted, Rakaneth was considered a curse by his parents. Traveling through the astral sea, they were near the area known as Twelve Trees when his mother gave birth, but the taint of the abyss corrupted her child. Knowing full well they needed to kill the beast, they made preparations to sacrifice Rakaneth, only to be caught in a battle between a roving githzerai party and some demons. Killed in the struggle, Rakaneth was left an orphan, though he was taken in by the same githzerai that avenged his parents unwittingly. Returning to Zerthadlun, the gith took the genasi to the White Lotus school, where upon he was raised and learned to embrace his heritage as well as his taint.
Fourteen years later, Rakaneth, along with his master Drakken Koren, set out for the City of Doors in an effort to spread the word of the White Lotus. At first, they were seen as a new faction attempting to start and met heavy resistance from the Harmonium. After more than a year though, they were seen as idle philosophers of the Gith persuasion and left alone to their own designs. Learning quickly where in the Hive was save to preach and where one needed to keep to himself, Rakaneth was a quick student of the confusing city while Drakken spent the majority of his time at their home teaching the few who would learn. The principles of embracing the emptiness within particularly held true with the Dustmen, many of whom tried to learn the basic principles of the White Lotus teachings.
Location Reason: Rakaneth was on his way home after closing up shop for the day. He was visiting with Jarlore, a Godsman architect before setting off.
Roleplay Sample: You've seen me role play...and I'm too doped up to get in to character at the moment. Think similar to Dakkon from Planescape: Torment.

Statblock Rakaneth the Fated, Voidsoul Genasi Swordmage
Init +1 HP 36/36 Bloodied 18 Healing Surge 9 (0 used /10)
AC 20 Fort 13 Reflex 15 Will 14 Speed
Str 15 (+2) Con 15 (+2) Dex 10 (0) Int 19 (+4) Wis 10 (0) Cha 8 (-1)
Aegis of Shielding
At-Will ✦ Arcane
Minor Action Close burst 2
Target: One creature in the burst
Effect: You mark the target. The target remains marked until you use this power against another target. If you mark another creature using other powers, the target is still marked. A creature can be subject to only one mark at a time. A new mark supersedes a mark that was already in place.
If your marked target makes an attack that doesn't include you as a target, it takes a -2 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, and the marked target is within 10 squares of you, you can use an immediate interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by the attack to any one creature by an amount equal to 5 + your constitution modifier.
Aegis of Shielding,
Frigid Blade
At-will ✦ Arcane, Cold, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Intelligcen vs AC
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier cold damage. If the target starts its turn adjacent to you, it takes a penalty to speed equal to your Constitution modifier until the end of its next turn.
Increase damage to 2[W] + Intelligence modifier at 21st level.
Frigid Blade,
Swordburst
At-will ✦ Arcane, Force, Implement
Standard Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Intelligence vs Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Intelligence modifer force damage.
Increase damage to 2d6 + Intelligence modifier at 21st level.
Swordburst,
Sword of Sigils
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Force, Weapon
Standard Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Attack: Intelligence vs AC
Hit: 1[W] + Intelligence modifier damage, and the target is marked until the end of your next turn. Until the mark ends, if the target makes an attack that does not include you as a target, it takes force damage equal to your intelligence modifier after the attack is resolved.
Aegis of Shielding: If a target marked by this power hits a creature within 10 squares of you with an attack that does not include you as a target, you can use an immediate interrupt to reduce the damage dealt by the attack to any single creature by an amount equal to your Constitution modifier.
Sword of Sigils,
Void Assumption
Encounter ✦
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You cease to exist and can take no actions until the start of your next turn. You have line of sight and line of effect to no creature, and no creature has line of sight or line of effect to you. At the start of your next turn, you reappear in the square of your choice within 3 squares of the square you left.
Void Assumption,
Frost Backlash
Daily ✦ Arcane, Cold, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt Melee weapon
Trigger: An adajacent creature hits you
Target: The creature that hit you
Attack: Intelligence vs Reflex
Hit: 3[W] + Intelligence modifier cold damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Frost Backlash,
Dimensional Warp
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Teleportation
Minor Action Close burst 3
Targets: You and one ally in burst or two allies in burst.
Effect: Each target teleports into the other's space. Both targets must occupy the same size space, or the power fails.
Dimensional Warp
Notes

As a note, this is post-Faction war so there are no more factions in Sigil, though of course some of them like the Dustmen are still around doing their work and just not claiming faction anymore. We're pretty much just waiting on Foucault and his friend Randomizer to get done with their finals. I still need to see Foucault's character but once I do we should be able to get started soon after.

Doh, sorry. I heart the factions though

Hi all! Foucault's friend here. I've got Ogdurnan (my gnome bard) all built, and I'm in the process of writing it all into the Myth-Weavers' character sheet. Any tricks or conventions I should be aware of when using this sheet, or is it all pretty straight forward? Anyway, I should have it all in by tomorrow night. Really looking forward to this game.

Sheet is pretty much straight forward, just make sure you chick the little box that says "Create Statblock" so when you save it, it does make one. Once it's made, copy/paste the statblock here to show us all what you made. Welcome aboard.

Welcome to myth-weavers, Randomer! Glad to have you. Yeah, the character sheet is really straightforward, and the statblock feature is a godsend for the DM when he's running a battle. Make sure you post one in every post you make during a combat.

You can check out our Sellswords of Luskan game to see how the posting and such goes, but I guess Ravenminded filled you in already.

Well, here's Ogdurnan in a nutshell:
Statblock
Ogdurnan Svillindernhammer, Gnome Bard
Init +2 HP /27 Bloodied 13 Healing Surge 6 ( used /7)
AC 16 Fort 11 Reflex 15 Will 16 Speed 5
Str 8 (-1) Con 10 (0) Dex 13 (+1) Int 17 (+3) Wis 13 (+1) Cha 18 (+4)
Misdirected Mark
At-Will Arcane, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 10
Attack: Charisma (-3) vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Charisma modifier (+4) damage, and the target is marked by an ally within 5 squares of you until the end of your next turn.
Misdirected Mark,
Blunder
Encounter Arcane, Charm, Implement
Standard Action Ranged 5
Attack: Charisma (+5) vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier (+4) damage, and you slide the target 2 squares. During the slide, you or one of your allies can make a melee basic attack against the target as a free action, with a +2 power bonus to the attack roll.
Virtue of Cunning: The power bonus to the attack roll equals 1 + your Intelligence modifier (+3).
Blunder,
Canon of Avoidance
Daily Arcane
Target: One ally
Effect: The target gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: The effect persists. When you sustain the effect, you can transfer it to another ally within 10 squares of you.
Canon of Avoidance,
Words of Friendship
Encounter Arcane, Charm
Minor Action Personal
Effect: You gain a +5 power bonus to the next Diplomacy check you make before the end of your next turn.
Words of Friendship,
Ghost Sound
Encounter Arcane, Illusion
Target: One object or unoccupied square
Effect: You cause a sound as quiet as a whisper or as loud as a yelling or fighting creature to emanate from the target. You can produce nonvocal sounds such as the ringing of a sword blow, jingling armor, or scraping stone. If you whisper, you can whisper quietly enough that only creatures adjacent to the target can hear your words.
Ghost Sound,
Vicious Mockery
At-Will Arcane, Charm, Implement, Psychic
Attack: Charisma (+5) vs. Will
Hit: 1d6 + Charisma modifier (+4) psychic damage, and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
Vicious Mockery,
Stirring Shout
Daily Arcane, Healing, Implement, Psychic
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Hit: 2d6 + Charisma modifier psychic damage.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, whenever an ally hits the target, that ally regains hit points equal to your Charisma modifier.
Stirring Shout,
Improved Majestic Word
Encounter (Special) Arcane, Healing
Minor Action Close burst 5
Target: You or one ally in burst
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain additional hit points and temporary hp each equal to your Charisma modifier (+4). You also slide the target 1 square.
Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round.
Improved Majestic Word,
Fade Away
Encounter Illusion
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: You take damage.
Effect: You are invisible until you attack or until the end of your next turn.
Fade Away
Notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomer View Post
Hi all! Foucault's friend here. I've got Ogdurnan (my gnome bard) all built, and I'm in the process of writing it all into the Myth-Weavers' character sheet. Any tricks or conventions I should be aware of when using this sheet, or is it all pretty straight forward? Anyway, I should have it all in by tomorrow night. Really looking forward to this game.
Welcome! Um... I may press you into service to fill-in for one of our missing Sellswords if you've time. We're short one Dead Man.

BTW THD, I love that character concept.