Notices

Character Creation OOC

Ok, so here's what I got so far. I'm working on the Background and Roleplay, I've got the ideas but they're not written yet. I'll be able to post my char sheet into the digital system from work tomorrow. I know I've been playing truant for a while, so if you want to start with my incomplete character that's a great idea to me, if not then not. Thanks for cutting me some slack.

ApplicationName: Chrysoberyl, aka Chrys
Gender: None. Chrys is an immortal and asexual being, it doesn't have a gender and doesn't recognize it as an important characteristic of other people. I'm going to try to have it only use gender neutral pronouns.
Race: Shardmind, PH3
Class: Battlemind, PH3, Resilient
Alignment: Unaligned
Occupation: Jeweler, Chrys owns a shop and lives above it, but is heavily in debt.
Place of Residence: The Market Ward, above it's small shop.
Character Overview: A immortal being Chrys' been trapped in The Cage for a long time, seeing others rise and fall. Subsisting for a long time on his meager skills as a jeweler Chrys has gotten heavily indebted to a loan shark from a criminal group (That I have yet to name. Suggestions?)
Character Appearance: Chrys would be best described to those unfamiliar with shardminds as a human shaped statue of green and purple alexandrite. Without mouth, hair, ears, or other common features Chrys's body contains only straight lines, none of the curves of other races. Normally it wears dark blue robes fringed with gold and bearing the crest of The Gemcutter's Guild. In the ages ago when it fought the agents of Far Realm before being a vigilante in Sigil became too dangerous Chrys wore a set of mail he fashioned himself, each scale individually set onto the facets of his body with steel fixtures. Chrys' shield and throwing spears are made of solid iron, shaped as if they were large crystals of the metal. It's pick is made of true crystal, a large light blue spike with a braided steel cable for a handle, the fibers snaking out to form a basket around the crystal head at one end and a belt or hand loop at the other.
Personality: To most Chrys is defined by his quirks, like they first think of it as some sort of magical construct. It does not speak, instead using Telepathy almost exclusively. It doesn't appear to understand gender or recognize it, and has committed such faux pas as asking both men and women to dance in formal settings. To his business associates he is exacting, requiring every particular of a piece before beginning construction. Chrys has never been a particularly good jeweler, but the old men of the guild tell the young apprentices that he was there not just when they joined, but when the old men they were apprenticed to joined. And evidently the perseverance has been paying off, Chrys has gotten better over the last 150 years.
Background: (Alright, let's have it. Tell me all about your character, how they ended up in Sigil, what kind of life to they live, what kind of problems and goals do they have and all the choices they've made so far. Again have fun with it, don't be afraid to get creative but don't go overboard, things still need to be plausible.)
Location Reason: Chrys would be meeting his loan shark, an elf with one ear named Sharky. Paying what little Chrys had it'd beg for more time and money, as he can only make money if raw materials can be purchased. Sharky wouldn't be very sympathetic.
Roleplay Sample: (Let's see your character in action, write up 3 or 4 paragraphs of your character's life. Something that will help give me some insight as to who your character is and how they interact with the world; give me a little slice of your characters life)
StatblockChrysoberyl, Shardmind Battlemind
Init +1 HP 39/39 Bloodied 19 Healing Surge 9 (0 used /13)
AC 20 Fort 15 Reflex 13 Will 16 Speed 5
Str 10 (0) Con 18 (+4) Dex 10 (0) Int 10 (0) Wis 16 (+3) Cha 11 (0)
Battlemind's Demand
At-Will Augmentable, Psionic
Minor Action Close burst 3
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: You mark the target until you use this power again or until the end of the encounter.
Augment 1
Target: One or two creatures in burst
Battlemind's Demand,
Blurred Step
At-Will Psionic
Opportunity Action Personal
Trigger: An adjacent enemy marked by you shifts
Effect: You shift 1 square.
Blurred Step,
Mind Spike
At-Will Force, Psionic, Psychic
Immediate Reaction Melee 1
Trigger: An adjacent enemy marked by you deals damage to your ally with an attack that doesn’t include you as a target
Target: The triggering enemy
Effect: The target takes force and psychic damage equal to the damage that its attack dealt to your ally.
Mind Spike,
Bull's Strength
At-Will Augmentable, Psionic, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Constitution vs. AC
Hit: 1[W] + Constitution modifier damage, and you push the target 1 square.
Augment 1
Special: Your reach increases by 1 for this attack.
Augment 2
Close: blast 3
Target: Each enemy you can see in blast
Bull's Strength,
Iron Fist
At-Will Augmentable, Psionic, Weapon
Hit: 1[W] + Constitution modifier damage.
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you gain resistance to all damage equal to your Wisdom modifier.
Augment 1
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you gain fire resistance equal to 5 + your Wisdom modifier.
Augment 2
Hit: 2[W] + Constitution modifier damage.
Iron Fist,
Shard Swarm
Encounter Teleportation
Move Action Close burst 1
Target: Each enemy in burst
Effect: Each target grants combat advantage to you until the end of your next turn. You then teleport half your speed.
Shard Swarm,
Battle Resilience
Encounter Psionic
Free Action Personal
Trigger: An attack hits or misses you for the first time during an encounter
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, you gain resistance to all damage equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.
Level 11: Resist 6 + your Wisdom modifier.
Level 21: Resist 9 + your Wisdom modifier.
Battle Resilience,
Telepathic Challenge
Encounter Psionic
Minor Action Close burst 2
Target: Each enemy in burst
Effect: You mark each target until the end of your next turn.
Telepathic Challenge,
Psionic Anchor
Daily Psionic, Teleportation, Weapon
Hit: 2[W] + Constitution modifier damage. As a free action at the end of the target’s turn, you can teleport the target to a square adjacent to you (save ends).
Miss: Half damage. As a free action at the end of the target’s next turn, you can teleport the target to a square adjacent to you.
Psionic Anchor
Notes Resist 5 Psychic
Powerpoints: 2/2

Looking very promising Foucault. No sweat, finish your info as you can. I'd rather have it done so I can set everything up rather than stumble through later.

Application
Name: Ogdurnan Svilindernhammer
Race: Gnome
Class: Bard (Cunning Build)
Alignment: Unaligned (though all in all a pretty nice guy)

Occupation: For the last couple of years, Ogdurnan's been a courier for one of the organizations that supplies hallucinogens to the pleasure dens. Occasionally, this position allows him to be "accidentally" privy to some information that can make him some coin on the side.

Place of Residence: Ogdurnan lives in the Lower Ward in the modest home of his adopted parents, Edge and Vala.

Character Overview: Ogdurnan's a quirky fellow with a gift for words, though he tends to avoid being the center of attention.

Character Appearance: He's a small, unassuming gnome with slightly unkempt light brown hair and no facial hair to speak of. His drab attire makes him fairly easy to overlook.

Personality: Ogdurnan is a nice guy with quirky sense of humor. Every now and then someone gets on his bad side, though, and they see how spiteful a gnome can be. Like most gnomes, Ogdurnan gives off the impression of being absent-minded/unaware and more than a little crazy. However, he often gets more than he lets on. He knows most people tend to disregard little people as unimportant, and he plays up an unassuming air to capitalize on that. Over the years, he's learned more than a few secrets.

Background:
Ogdurnan was orphaned quite young (age five or six). He doesn't know what happened to his parents - they may have run off, been killed, or otherwise. He remembers nothing from that time, but he gets a sick feeling every time he thinks about it. But his is not a sob story. Shortly after he lost his parents, he was adopted by a truly loving pair of reformed chain devils, and they raised him quite well. Now, this has made Dispater rather peeved. It's not that he's upset about Ogdurnan's parents defecting. In fact, to the extent that a devil can forgive, he's put that behind him (chain devils that don't like torture just aren't worth keeping around). No, he's pissed that they adopted a gnome after that stunt Garl Glittergold pulled a few centuries back. He's done his best to make Ogdurnan's family miserable over the years, but so far he hasn't really succeeded.

Ogdurnan's always had a natural talent for stories and music. When he was growing up, his two best friends, a pair of elven brothers, nurtured his skills and taught him a few tricks. The brothers were high-up entertainers in the Cage, and they performed at a lot of high class events. Sadly, their career was cut short when a venue they were playing at in Little Arcadia was attacked for political reasons. One of the brothers disappeared that night, and the other hasn't been the same since.

So why isn't Ogdurnan playing the scene right now? Two reasons. The first is his trade secret, he happily informs people (who never really listen anyway) - It's a lot safer and more lucrative to be on the sidelines than to be in the limelight. The second reason he actually keeps to himself - he's too shy and he lacks the confidence to really perform for others, even if he has the talent. Oh, it's easy enough to play the fool, particularly as a gnome. But to truly bare his soul? That's a feat for a hero, not a little gnome trying to get by in dangerous city.

Besides, Ogdurnan makes the perfect courier. His wanderlust has taken him all over the city, and he knows most streets and alley's by heart. Between that and his quick wit and disarming demeanor, he can get the job done fast and safely. Why drug running? Even Ogdurnan's not sure how he got caught up in it, but it definitely pays better than delivering bread.

Location Reason: Ogdurnan is on his way to deliver a package to one of the pleasure dens. It's a fairly valuable parcel he's holding, so he had better get it there on time.

Roleplay Sample: I've got a real writer's block for this roleplaying sample.