Guild of the Electrum Star: Adventure 1 OOC

Guild of the Electrum Star: Adventure 1 OOC

Welcome to the Scales of War! This is a 4th Edition Adventure Path set in the Forgotten Realms. Please take time to review the background information and posting guidelines. Wiki Info: http://scalesofwar4th.pbworks.com/Character-Creation

Instead of using the "Welcome" thread, or starting new threads for each subject, or cluttering up the game thread with a bunch of questions, we'll start a new thread specifically for that purpose. Should have done it awhile back. I'll title it after the group, half of you aren't part of the group yet, but eventually you'll all become part of the Guild. Of course you can still ask questions in your private thread if need be (or here using the private feature).

You can also test the sheet dice and sheet roll commands. Once your character sheet is added to the game, you can use those commands.

Getting closer

We are getting closer and closer to getting started. I have added a little more to the posting guidelines. I'm just waiting on Sammy to finish her character, and for Brady to get the last couple of details I need from him done. I also need those of you who haven't done so to get a character tracker started as well as a Journal started.

FYI (for thos eof you like me who may not know this yet):

By the way, everyone should know that you need to have posted at least 5 posts here before you can include any URLs in your posts (a preventative measure against spammers here). So adding your character pic URL & other stuff like that will have to wait until you get 5 posts on the board.

Just comment on threads here/ask questions/say "Hi"/etc. to build your postcount so you can post URLs (per the updated posting guidelines). That should take care of the 5-post requirement (hopefully).

Ok, I believe now that I am 100% good to go. Nothing unready or undone unless you want more info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclint View Post
Ok, I believe now that I am 100% good to go. Nothing unready or undone unless you want more info.
Yes, I am almost ready to get started here as well. I am waiting on a few character details and then we will be good to go. You guys need to let me know if there is any information that you consider necessary that I have forgot to list here. I know I still need to get the RPGA card info up, but if there is anything else you need to know then send a message and I'll get it up here ASAP.

GM Sheet Dice Test

Unable to find the game forum

so me and Andy were descusing our color usage anduh...

JUST A RAINBOW IN THE DARK!

We are just about done. I want to get started very soon. I had to drop Sammy from the game. Unfortunately she just wasn't getting back to me about her character. Instead I have brought in our friend Wolf. below are some notes and things I need from you guys to continue on.

Most of you still need to post a character tracker page, and a few of you need to do up a journal page (if you want one. You don't have to have this, but it will be a good tool for your personal memories). right now I only have a wishlist of treasure items from Clint. I know Andy has a wishlist on the wiki, but he should move that list here to the wishlist thread in OOC as well. Those of you who don't have access to the books (looking at you Justin) can just give me some suggestions of things you would have liked from previous editions, and we can work from there to customize your personal list.

Brady, I still need a height and weight for Sengir. Also a picture if you have one. Right now I'm using the generic cleric picture from the character creator for this.

Sengir, Zorn, Gadrain and a fourth character (an NPC named Shert Rhed, a monk) will have been an existing group. All of them will have met at Candlekeep where they became friends and decided to help Gadrain escape from his mentors (who were doing some bad stuff). There was little they could have done as a group to fight against his overpowered mentors, so they did the next best thing and helped smuggle their friend out with his life. So you guys can decide if your little group had a name as that might carry over as the party name in this campaign. Start a new thread in the OOC or General Discussion group to make this decision, but please do it quickly.

I still have some formatting to do on some of the character sheets so that the stat blocks show up right. I will try to get that done ASAP. I have most of the power descriptions in place.

I have also altered the Character Tracker to show how I want to display the information now as to limit the redundancy between the stat block and Character Tracker.

Anything else, get back to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea View Post
I have also altered the Character Tracker to show how I want to display the information now as to limit the redundancy between the stat block and Character Tracker.
If you haven't noticed, I didn't alter the Character Tracker. The more I think about it the more I realize that it will not be that necessary. As long as character sheets are updated regularly and statblocks are posted at the beginning of each combat post (or skill challenge post) there shouldn't be a need for it. XP rewards can be handed out via a new thread just for that. I can do a message that lists everyone's rewards in private text, and then total it on the character sheet.

So ignore the Character Tracker.