Notices

Guild of the Electrum Star: Adventure 1 OOC

I have finished with all the formatting on the character sheets, so the stat blocks generated by them should display all the appropriate colors and information. I just need to get some information from Brady, and get he and Liz to do their wishlists. Brady also needs to chime in on the discussion about the group name.

Also, Wolf, it is still just listing you as a reader. It's not showing that you accepted the invitation to play the game. Not sure how you can be posting if you haven't accepted. let me know. I might need to kick you out of the game and send you a new invite.

Awesome. Will be out of town over Thxgiving holidays, thursday thru monday next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclint View Post
Awesome. Will be out of town over Thxgiving holidays, thursday thru monday next week.
I'm taking that into consideration. I figured that the first week would probably be slower due to this, but considering how I plan to introduce the lot of you, it might not be that problematic.

Setting Adjustment

The Elsir Vale map didn't quite fit in as well as I'd like to Halruaa. Because of that I have poured over the FR map the past two days, and I have found a new location. I can't use the Elsir Vale map as is, but I will make name adjustments in the adventure(s) themselves. Right now I have smashed the Elsir Vale into a fairly empty plot of land in between the Sword Coast and the Dragon Coast. It's only a few hundred miles from Candlekeep which ties into the origin story for the group as a whole. I have added in the Black Fens to the map since that is a somewhat important location for the backstory of some others.

The plaguelands/Halruaa elements of Slygoth's background still work as it could have easily taken him 10 years to make it this far west (basically the other side of the continent).

I'll add in the other features and such from the Elsir Vale map as/if we need them. You can reference the new map below:

Hey, I'm an archer, do I need the equivalent of point blank and precise or anything obvious and required like that in the new system? (I took weapon focus but can change it if something is better)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeclint View Post
Hey, I'm an archer, do I need the equivalent of point blank and precise or anything obvious and required like that in the new system? (I took weapon focus but can change it if something is better)
Not really, neither of those exist in the new system (at least not currently), but here are a few of the suggested feats:

Brutal Accuracy
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Elf, ranger, Hunterís Quarry class feature
Benefit: If the rerolled attack granted by your elven accuracy racial power hits your quarry, the attack deals extra damage equal to 1d6 + your Wisdom modifier.

Distant Advantage
Heroic Tier
Benefit: You gain combat advantage for ranged or area attacks against any enemy flanked by your allies.

Far Shot
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Dex 13
Benefit: When you use a projectile weapon such as a bow or a crossbow, increase both the normal range and the long range by 5 squares.

Hunterís Aim
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Ranger, Hunterís Quarry class feature
Benefit: You donít take the normal Ė2 penalty to attack rolls against your quarry if it has cover or concealment.

Precise Hunter
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Wis 15, ranger, Hunterís Quarry class feature
Benefit: When you score a critical hit against the target of your Hunterís Quarry with a ranged attack, your allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against that target until the start of your next turn.

Predatory Action
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Ranger, Hunterís Quarry class feature
Benefit: If you spend an action point to take an extra action and have already dealt Hunterís Quarry damage during this round, you can deal the extra damage a second time during this turn.

Prime Strike
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Ranger
Benefit: You gain a +1 bonus to melee attack rolls against a target if no other creatures are within 3 squares of it.

Wild Elf Luck
Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Elf
Benefit: When you use your elven accuracy power, you gain a +1d4 bonus to the reroll.
Special: You cannot select this feat if you have the Wood Elf Agility feat.

It Has Begun....

Okay, the first turn is up in the Game section. No map, I don't think one is necessary at the moment. We can finish up the last few things in the next few days. Hopefully Brady can get on here. he said it wasn't letting him respond to anything.

Garry

Sengir's Full Load

Hey Brady, just wanted to mention that Sengir is already carrying a Heavy load. Due to your low strength the amount you are carrying has you slowed. You are only over by 3 pounds (your max is 80), so if you "sell back" your rope or see if you can get someone else to carry it, then you'll be fine. Otherwise, should combat arise, you'll be slowed, which means your speed is a 2.

If it won't affect Zorn combat-wise, he'll carry it.

omg i wish i'd've seen "pheonix enforcers" before game started, aslo, we already have vold and mort and bad guys, the order of the pheonix would be a bit much. lol