Notices

Summer Night's Ring

Old Jun 12 '10, 2:08pm
Great Wyrm

Summer Night's Ring

Dresden Files Baltimore - Forum
Dresden Files
Estimated Members Requested: 6

Since there has been interest for a new Dresden Files game, I decided to run one. I'm still new at stuff though so be warned.

Game Description:

OK, this is the first time I will run a Dresden Files game so bear with me if I make a mistake or two. Here's what I have so far:

Setting:
The city of Baltimore, as described in the Dresden Files books. Something new is brewing and the resident supernaturals are about to get a few nasty surprises.

Character Building
Submerged for points. Some of you have met in the past (ties through guest starring) but not necessarily know eachother well. Current relationships are up to you. You must all have some sort of ties or stake in the city of Baltimore (can't have the heroes decide to flee in the face of danger).

Campaign premise
Halloween has come and gone and the city has recently underwent a few upheavals after a showdown between a certain ancient ghoul sorcerer and a cabal of small-fish warlock newcomers. The ghoul's forces won and the city is slowly returning to the status quo. However, during the chaos of the past week, other players have begun making moves into the city; Summer presence is increasing, there seems to be a strong White Court vampire targeting young people in campus and there are whispers of some recent abductions of small-time practitioners. It would seem that a new major supernatural event is slowly approaching...

I'd like to get my foot in the figurative door and express interest. It will be a little while before I have time to sit down and start serious work on a concept though. If you're looking to get started quickly I'll understand completely.

I'm very interested but I have only read the first two books and seen the tv-show will that knowledge be enough?

Well, we are not running a game in any of the places Dresden visited (and sort of bombed but that's neither here nor there) but you must have some access to the Dresden Files RPG or at least the Fate system.

INCOMPLETE

Joshua "Father" Drake

High Concept: Used To Be A Priest
Trouble: Still Kinda Am
Background: Love the Sinner
Rising Conflict: Hate the Sin
First Novel - Hell and High Water: Faith Invictus
Guest Star: ???
Guest Star Redux: ???

Stunts & Powers
Person of Conviction -1
Fear of God -1 (Faith Power: allows Conviction to modify social attacks and defenses)
Item of Power -1 (Channeling (Fire) -2, Refinement -1)
Tower of Faith -1

Here is my app, gonna add more to it (and some formatting as well)

I'm interested, but I have a question about my character concept. Is it possible to re-skin Demonic Co-Pilot as possession by something that isn't a demon, but does have a conflict of interest with my character?

Will not have the RPG book until the 15th, possibly later, but pretty please save me a spot. Completely psyched to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
I'm interested, but I have a question about my character concept. Is it possible to re-skin Demonic Co-Pilot as possession by something that isn't a demon, but does have a conflict of interest with my character?
Yes.

Changing the flavor usually does not affect the mechanics much, as long as there is something like it flavor-wise in the world. For Demonic Co-Pilot, you could be influenced by demons, ghosts, nonphysical nevernever spirits (i.e. Bob or a spirit of hunger for a hexenwolf), angels (esp Fallen ones), or even Outsiders.