|Create a subpage of Yggdrasil - Enter the subpage title in the field |
The world of Yggdrasil very closely resembles Dark Ages Earth, with a fantastical twist. The continent of Terra Australis Incognita has been untouched by humans, who are only just learning to sail.
- Dwarves have no need for calenders, days or seasons. When it's time to work, sleep, eat or drink, you do that.
- Elves and humans follow a regular calendar, naming the years after the ruler, followed by the amount of time he/she has ruled so far. ie "4th of March, in the 12th year of King Igneus"
- The simpler communities use a more vague calendar, dividing the year into suns (days) moons (months) and seasons, and naming years after an event. ie "A summer sun in the year of huge carrots"
- The world has one purple moon that behaves in all ways like the Moon we all know and love/hate, with one minor difference, a comet which orbits the Moon.
- There is one yellow sun. Days are 24 hours long.