There are three seperate time strains to Akatosh's history- The lush, tropical and beautiful landscape that was Akatosh prior to The Scorching. The Scorching itself. Then the desert wasteland that is Akatosh now.
- BE (Before Event)
- The Scorching
- AE (After Event)
- Akatosh is ruled over by the Council of Nine, a mixture of races and genders that determined the future of Akatosh for the good of all. It is a time of peace and prosperity, food is in abundance, and the rich gold veins of the Northern mountains run deep- providing for all. The populace is happy.
- Five of the nine council are murdered by cultists who believe that the Nine stole their power to rule from the Dragon Knights of old.
- The hunt for the cultists who killed the council members ends in a bloody battle. It was a trap, however, with the blood of both sides spilling into the Grand Sepulcher- the Blood Ritual needed to raise the Dragon Knights of old.
- The Dragon Knights recall their dragons from the pocket dimension from in which they were trapped and take back the land.
1850 - 1200 BE
- The tyrannical Dragon Knights rule the land with an Iron Fist- demanding high taxes, tributes, offerings and gold- the mountains in the North are bled dry to build their golden palaces.
- The Knight Commander of the Akatosh Martial Chapter, Rayne Marshall, forms a resistance under ground- thousands flock to join it.
1200 - 0 B
E The thousand year war rages - with both sides taking horrific losses that lower the lands population to no more than five people per square mile. Millions die. The land is trampled, animals are slain, villages are raided and pillaged. However, the Akatoshians take back the land mile by mile, gaining ground, gaining momentum. They discover new ways to kill dragons and bring down the Dragon Knights. They begin to win. Numbers flock en masse to join the fight.
- Knowing they had lost again, the Dragon Knights chose to condemn the world rather than allow it to return to prosperity without their rule. Dragon fire tears apart the world. Foliage dies, the seas are magically withdrawn. The land dies and Akatosh burns. In a selfish, self destructive last bid effort to ensure the races of Akatosh never rise up to prosperity again, the dragons sacrifice themselves, encompassing the world in a ball of fire. Killing everyone above ground who had not taken shelter in caves or tunnels.
The first mortals travel above ground again to find the world decimated. No animals, no water, no plant life.
The determination of mortals is evident, as they regain some of their lost strength and band together against the raiders that occupy the desert wastes.
Magic returns to Akatosh, great Archmages build flying cities, flying airships and begin to produce magical water and food for the populace- scavending no longer needs to occur.
- Away from the ground dwelling raiders, life returns to a small state of normalcy. Life continues, jobs are returned to, everyday new survivors are brought aboard the floating cities.
- Crystal Shard Magitech is discovered and Airships move at lightning speeds, covering great distances. Akatosh discovers how bad the devastation truly is as they travel further than they ever have before. Hundreds of new survivors are found.
- Stolen technology from crashed airships means Raiders and Pirates are now airborne, cities are raided in attempted sieges. It's only a matter of time before one is taken and the Raiders have an airborne haven to attack from.
- The cities raise an Airship Naval force. Captained by none other than the heir of Rayne Marshall. The Naval force regular patrols the sky and sends out Incursion forces to hunt down Raiders and Pirates. Their navy accompanies trade caravan airships to other cities. Relative safety returns.