Jump to content

Overview

About This Game

"Come a day there won’t be room for naughty folk like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there may well not be another. So here's to us, on the raggedy edge." - Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds, Serenity

Game System

Starfinder

Advertising

12/01/2023

Detailed Description

Theme Music

“‘Take it to the EJ.’ Yeah, it’s a cool slogan, I s’pose, if you’re one of them Pact Worlders who don’t know drek from drive grease. We call it ‘livin’ on the EJ’ out here in the lanes. Sometimes, that edge is at your throat, ya know, cuttin’ time to grab that bonus. Other times, it’s skirtin’ the EJ, doin’ what needs doin’ to get the job done, no worry for proper procedure. One thing is sure as death and taxes, though: the Company always has the edge. Always. See, they make the rules, and us proles gotta live by ’em if we wanna see that next payday.”

—Gar EnGilly, EJ Corp freighter engineer

A crew of scoundrels, rogues, and misfits finds it hard to survive in a galaxy where everyone has a price. Targeted by a crime boss and his army of enforcers, preyed upon by faceless mega-corporations, and hounded by rivals, the crew of the Free Trader Oliphaunt line up the big score that will at last make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. But when their many enemies join forces and the crew loses it all, they find out there's two things in the galaxy that can't be bought: freedom... and revenge.

  1. What's new in this game
  2. DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +5 LINK: PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24 With Akari, Jin and Whiskey in tow, "Morgan" makes his way back to Duncan and Davir, who have been guarding the yaro berry shipment. Looking grimly at the crew, he says, "Okay, boys. You heard what went on in there. That frellin' hazmot! They're playing hardball with us. So, what do you think? Should we go scouting around for other buyers? Opinions, people."
  3. Yes, as it stands ‘Morgan’ is prolly your best point person here. , sorry for not checking in with you sooner, but are you still with us? Lack of engagement was on me, so I understand completely if you’re not feeling the game anymore.
  4. So Akari is obviously not the diplomat of the group so probably should be someone else for that roll.
  5. Ainsley claps her hands together as the two Shobhads stiffen in response to Akari's words. "Ohohoh, looks like we've got a real badass here boys! That's what, the fifth this month? Remind me Kaggar, what happened to the other four?" Picking his tusk at that moment, the Shobhad let's out a loud belch before giving the crew a knowing, toothy grin. "Already had my cheat day for the week... but I could make an exception. The furry one looks a bit gamey though, but when have I ever been picky, right Graak?" "Shut up Kaggar." Raising a hand to silence the two while 'Morgan' speaks, Ainsley's smirk hardens on her face. "Your call scruffy. An exceedingly bad call I reckon, but I won't lose sleep over it. Graak, see our guests back outside." Ainsley has already slide back behind her desk as the Shobhad guides the crew out of the warehouse like a bouncer at last call. He closes the metal door with a contemptuous glance at 'Morgan' and a growl. OOC Nothing from the Sense Motive check. As to Morgan's Culture check, if you decide to to sell the cargo elsewhere in Hivemarket that'll net you a +1 on the roll. So, selling the stock of Yaro berries is gonna be a Downtime Activity - Find a Buyer. Activity: You spend a day researching markets on the infosphere, checking with union or guild representatives, meeting with local contacts, and haggling. You must be within a settlement, though the GM might allow you to find a buyer in other locations. At the end of the day, attempt a Diplomacy or Profession (merchant) check at DC 17. Special: If multiple allies perform this downtime activity on the same day, only one of them attempts the check, but with a cumulative +1 circumstance bonus for each aiding ally (not including the one attempting the check). Davir and Raenala'll help, giving you at least +2 to the roll. We'd also be adding the bonuses gained from 'Morgan' and Akari's Culture rolls as well for an additional +2. Anyone who wants to investigate Siski's disappearance can do a Diplomacy Check (Gather Information to be precise) at DC 16. Doing so however means the character in question can't help with Finding a Buyer. Finally, there's the crate of berries Runo slid the crews way. As a trade good you can sell it for full price, but let's a DC 16 Diplomacy Check will let you increase your gains by 5% for every 5 you beat the DC by. Failing the test would reduce how much you get correspondingly of course. This would also preclude a character helping with Finding a Buyer.
  6. Hopefully Akari didn't just declare war. Lol
  7. I apologize for not posting as of late. Have been dealing with RL issues. Will try to keep up.
  8. DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +5 LINK: PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24 "Morgan" secretly stifles a chuckle at Akari's implied threat to the Hykli businesswoman. While he, too, had decided that accepting the Ainsley's "generous" offer was just bad business all around, he appreciated getting some input from his pilot. Annoying though the Kasathan may be, he always knew which way the solar winds blew. Switching back to his poker face, the smuggler politely replies, "No, ma'am. No deal. If you want the cargo, then it's worth 200% to you, not 50%, since you consider the contract nonbinding. If you are unwilling to accept the shipment, well, ma'am, I'm sorry but that's your loss." He casually activates the microphone, but not the speaker, of his personal comm that is attuned to Davir's and Duncan's outside. Turning his back to the office worker, he motions for Akari, Jin and Whiskey to follow as they slowly but deliberately head for the door.
  9. Akari Monduro Statblock [b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3) KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -) Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3) Skills Skill Name Modifier Acrobatics +13 Athletics +8 Bluff +8 Computers +8 Culture +8 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Engineering +8 Intimidate +8 Life Science +3 Medicine +3 Mysticism +2 Perception +7 Physical Science +3 Piloting +12 Profession +2 Sense Motive +7 Slight of Hand +9 Stealth +12 Survival +7 Equipment GEAR: Second Skin Laser Pistol Longsword 50ft Titanium Cable Personal Comm Unit Creature Companion (Ilskitt) Peeka Tier II Computer (Self Charging, AI) Industrial Backpack Hygiene Kit R2E 1 weeks rations 64 CR Feats and Abilities Feats: Great Fortitude Racial Abilities: Nomad: +2 INT, +2 CHA, -2 WIS; Desert Stride; Four-Armed; Crew Member; +2 Piloting; Natural Grace +2 Athletics/Acrobatics Operative Class Abilities: Operatives Edge +1; Specialization: Ghost; Trick Attack +1d4 Languages: Common, Kasatha, Vesk, Yoski, Azlanti Akari looks over at Morgan and shakes his head in the negative. There was something definitely off here. Ainsley was hiding something but he could not be sure what it may be but he was sure he would rather deal with anyone other than them over this sell. He does however turn to Ainsley when she mentioned going for the throat. "I do not ever recommend you attempting to go for my throat, it will be one of the last things you ever do in this life.."
  10. As Akari studies the Hykli woman, it becomes clear to him that she's lying about Siski. To what end he could hardly say, but that something sordid was at play here was a foregone conclusion. It's clear that Hivemarket isn't lacking for grocers or hawkers, but running over the details in his head allows Akari to narrow a few of the major distributors in town they could try and do business with. Ainsley crooks her head towards Akari as he speaks, her own response dripping with mordancy. "Of course, take your time! See the sights, visit the gift shop in town... but no promises that my offer stands if you decide to come back later. 50% is me being nice - you don't want to see me go for the throat Four-Arms." She turns her attention back to 'Morgan'. "Well? Deal, or no deal?" OOC Unfortunately Ainsley won't budge above 50%. As to Akari's Culture check, if you decide to to sell the cargo elsewhere in Hivemarket that'll net you a +1 on the roll.
  11. Well we are not on the Oliphaunt yet so may not be that part yet. I guess we shall see I am hoping my culture check allows him to know of another possible buyer and he passed his sense Motive check pretty well so that and the Diplomacy roll may help
  12. Akari Monduro Statblock [b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3) KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -) Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3) Skills Skill Name Modifier Acrobatics +13 Athletics +8 Bluff +8 Computers +8 Culture +8 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Engineering +8 Intimidate +8 Life Science +3 Medicine +3 Mysticism +2 Perception +7 Physical Science +3 Piloting +12 Profession +2 Sense Motive +7 Slight of Hand +9 Stealth +12 Survival +7 Equipment GEAR: Second Skin Laser Pistol Longsword 50ft Titanium Cable Personal Comm Unit Creature Companion (Ilskitt) Peeka Tier II Computer (Self Charging, AI) Industrial Backpack Hygiene Kit R2E 1 weeks rations 64 CR Feats and Abilities Feats: Great Fortitude Racial Abilities: Nomad: +2 INT, +2 CHA, -2 WIS; Desert Stride; Four-Armed; Crew Member; +2 Piloting; Natural Grace +2 Athletics/Acrobatics Operative Class Abilities: Operatives Edge +1; Specialization: Ghost; Trick Attack +1d4 Languages: Common, Kasatha, Vesk, Yoski, Azlanti Akari continues to watch the woman as she spoke, looking at her curiously as she offered to buy the berries for half price. This would not be a great deal for the crew. So he thought of any other potential buyers that might take the berries off of their hands for the price that they needed to sell them by. He tried to be diplomatic though he was not sure how successfully he would be. "Obviously I am just a driver and while Morgan here has some latitude at this asking price we will need to consult our bosses before agreeing to anything." While he says this last with a smile it was hidden by the scarf covering his mouth. He did speak in a friendly tone though.
  13. Heck! If Akari's there, then so is Jin. As for our next move, I say that we don't accept her offer. Either we go look for another buyer for a better deal or we use this opportunity to force her to buy the precious cargo at a better price by saying we'll take the merchandise to their main competitors. Unless she knows that nobody else around her will offer anything better, it might be worth a shot. Besides, we're supposed to get the cargo heisted at some point, aren't we? "A crew of scoundrels, rogues, and misfits finds it hard to survive in a galaxy where everyone has a price. Targeted by a crime boss and his army of enforcers, preyed upon by faceless mega-corporations, and hounded by rivals, the crew of the Free Trader Oliphaunt line up the big score that will at last make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. But when their many enemies join forces and the crew loses it all, they find out there's two things in the galaxy that can't be bought: freedom... and revenge."
  14. IDK if Jin is there, but here's a Sense Motive roll just in case.
  15. Feel free to hash things out on how to proceed. As mentioned in the post, you don't have to take Ainsley's offer. At that point you'd be doing the Find Buyer Downtime Activity.
  16. Akari doesn't see anything out of sorts in the office, nor get any particular reads on Ainsley. The woman's gaze upon Morgan has narrowed as she takes his measure. "And betray others before they can betray you. That's the one people really struggle with I find - knife to the gut of some rando in an alley is one thing, but in the back of the person you love? Most folk can't fathom it..." A knowing smile spreads across Ainsley's face as she takes the datapad from 'Morgan' and looks over the details. A whistle of surprise escapes her lips. "Not a bad haul friend. I can see why Siski wanted a piece of this pie... but then I'm not Siski, am I? And as of 36 hours ago, this is no longer Ka Imports, but rather a fully-owned franchise of Ichihara Holdings. Doors should be opened by the end of the week if your curious." She tosses the Datapad back to Morgan. "Siski's gone by the way. Skipped town. Family emergency I think was the rumour?" One of the Shobhad's - Graak it would seem was his name - speaks up. "Yeah, I heard that loser kid of hers turned up in a Vercite clinic. Waste of time coddling that punk I say; Dreamsnuff's not even that strong!" Ainsley laughs at her bodyguard's response before turning back to the crew, arms crossed across her chest as she leans against her desk. "So, here's the long and short of it. Your business is with Siski, not me. I don't need anymore inventory, as you saw on the way in. And before you starting whinging and blubbering about 'b-but we had a deal!', just know that all of Ka Imports outstanding contracts were cancelled when the change of ownership occurred. I could say I'm sorry but honestly? I really don't care." Giving a glance over the crew, Ainsley scratches her jaw as though running some estimation in her head. Finally she speaks up again, a laughing tone - that borders on mocking - in her voice as she addresses 'Morgan'. "But hey! If there's one thing Granny hates, its working honestly for something you could steal instead, right friend? Lucky I like your face, it's like looking at an Essitam painting. So here's my offer: I'll take those Yaro Berries off your hands for oh... 50%? Only offer I'm making, so take it or leave it." This is not looking good for the crew. 50% is only gonna be enough to pay Prat his cut or cover EJ's expenses and expected profit margin, but not both. Better than nothing maybe, but with the traders of Hivemarket just outside maybe they can turn this around with another party? Decisions, decisions... OOC Anyone whose interested can give me a DC 15 Sense Motive Check. Akari can also make that roll again. So thanks to 'Morgan's' successful Diplomacy roll, Ainsley is willing to buy the Yaro Berries off you for half there initial price. She won't go more than this however, but you could also find another buyer in Hivemarket if these terms are not to your liking. Violence is an option as well, though may read down to the crew's detriment... Culture Result: Lao Shu Po remembers her humble beginnings, and she teaches that those who have nothing should do whatever they can get away with or whatever it takes to survive, be it murder, sabotage, or theft. The universe gives away nothing for free, and it’s up to the individual to take what she needs or wants and jealously hide it away. It may sometimes be advisable to band together with others for strength and protection, like a pack of rats, but in the end, you can rely on no one but yourself. There will always be betrayal and lies; the key is to lie and betray before someone else does it to you. She is widely regarded as a patron of the ysoki race, but most of the ratfolk pray to Grandmother Rat only to placate her and avoid her notice, rather than embracing her values. Nevertheless, a majority of her priests are ysoki, who use their ubiquity to foster underworld contacts for their congregations. Lao Shu Po’s temples and shrines are few, always small and unassuming, and often hidden in plain sight—a back alley apothecary where poisons are sold, a dark chamber in the rear of a drug den, a disused corner in a space station’s waste reclamation level, or a cramped warren of maintenance tunnels just beneath the streets of a bustling marketplace. While many societies root out and destroy cults of Lao Shu Po, further strengthening the faith’s verminous association, there are always those in power who appreciate her followers’ ability to get things done. Completely trusting one of her followers—who refer to themselves as “grandchildren”—is foolish, but Grandmother Rat has no problem with her followers staying loyal to an employer or cause so long as it serves their ends. Some of the most upstanding governments quietly employ Po spies and assassins, while corporations pay them handsomely for industrial espionage. In some areas, they can even operate openly—it’s hard to decry one who sabotages enemy warships or retrieves hostages from a secure facility, regardless of their reasons.
  17. DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +5 LINK: PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24 Thanks to his long association with his late mentor, the Ysoki smuggler known as Snark, the human recognizes that the Hykli woman is a follower of Lao Shu Po. His immediate reaction is, "Take what you can." This is the proper response to be uttered by all her adherents. He then coughs to cover his "mistake". "Beggin' yer pardon, Ma'am. Hate to bother you with this, but... we've got a shipment of yaro berries to deliver here, Ma'am." He hands over the datapad with the original digital paperwork that Runo provided when they accepted delivery of the precious cargo back on Castrovel. "Please sign here to accept shipment and me an' my boys will bring the cargo in." His eyes then seem to glaze over as if this was something that he did a million times a day... which wasn't too far from the truth, in his opinion.
  18. Akari Monduro Statblock [b][url=/sheets/?id=2855926]Akari Monduro[/url][/b] [i]KASATHAS Operative NG[/i] [b]HP[/b] 10 / 10 [b]RES[/b] 5 / 5 [b]STAM[/b] 8 / 8 [b]Speed[/b] 30ft [b]Init[/b] 4 [b]KAC[/b] 16 [b]EAC[/b] 15 [b]Fort[/b] 4 [b]Ref[/b] 6 [b]Will[/b] 4 [b]CMB[/b] 24 [b]BAB[/b] 0 [b]Longsword[/b] 1 (1d8, -) [b]Laser Pistol[/b] 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) [b]Str[/b] 13 (1) [b]Dex[/b] 18 (4) [b]Con[/b] 14 (2) [b]Wis[/b] 15 (2) [b]Int[/b] 17 (3) [b]Cha[/b] 17 (3) KASATHAS Operative NG HP 10 / 10 RES 5 / 5 STAM 8 / 8 Speed 30ft Init 4 KAC 16 EAC 15 Fort 4 Ref 6 Will 4 CMB 24 BAB 0 Longsword 1 (1d8, -) Laser Pistol 4 (1d4, Burn 1d4) Str 13 (1) Dex 18 (4) Con 14 (2) Wis 15 (2) Int 17 (3) Cha 17 (3) Skills Skill Name Modifier Acrobatics +13 Athletics +8 Bluff +8 Computers +8 Culture +8 Diplomacy +3 Disguise +3 Engineering +8 Intimidate +8 Life Science +3 Medicine +3 Mysticism +2 Perception +7 Physical Science +3 Piloting +12 Profession +2 Sense Motive +7 Slight of Hand +9 Stealth +12 Survival +7 Equipment GEAR: Second Skin Laser Pistol Longsword 50ft Titanium Cable Personal Comm Unit Creature Companion (Ilskitt) Peeka Tier II Computer (Self Charging, AI) Industrial Backpack Hygiene Kit R2E 1 weeks rations 64 CR Feats and Abilities Feats: Great Fortitude Racial Abilities: Nomad: +2 INT, +2 CHA, -2 WIS; Desert Stride; Four-Armed; Crew Member; +2 Piloting; Natural Grace +2 Athletics/Acrobatics Operative Class Abilities: Operatives Edge +1; Specialization: Ghost; Trick Attack +1d4 Languages: Common, Kasatha, Vesk, Yoski, Azlanti Akari looks over the woman they were introduced to with a curious expression, not that his face scarf allowed much of that to be discerned. He allowed Morgan to take the lead here, as he was second in charge on the ship. He would back him up if the need required it, but for the moment just settled on studying the woman as the spoke to get a sense of her mood and intent.
  19. The Shobhad bares his tusks at Morgan, leaning forward as a low growl bubbles up from his throat in response to the smugglers jibe. Taking the datapad from him and reading over the obtuse legalese to no avail, he tosses it surreptitiously back to Morgan. "Not my job. Not my problem. Follow me." He leads Morgan - and any of the crew that follows after - inside. The rear of the Ka Imports warehouse is filled with crates and boxes stacked over ten feet high. The Shobhad guides the crew to a rear office, its large windows the only source of light in the whole building it would seem. A second Shobhad stands outside the door, glowering and brandishing his twelve-foot pike. He sizes up the crew before looking aside to the Shobhad that had been guiding them. "Spacers again Graak? Starting to regret putting you in charge of dinner this week." "Shut up Kaggar." Smirking, the Shobhad standing guard opens the door and pokes his head in. "Miss Ainsley? Have some people looking to speak with you." The crew is shuffled into the office. Inside, a Hykli woman reclines in a chair with her boots perched on the edge of a large desk cluttered with stacks of paper, unopened mail, and some empty coffee mugs. She looks up from a printed spreadsheet and exhales an exaggerated sigh of relief. "Thank you Grandmother! I could use the distraction; making sense of the accounting and inventory systems here has me bored out of my mind." Akari and Morgan can't help but note this Ainsley's choice of exclamation - an invocation to Lao Shu Po, goddess of assassins, rats, spies and thieves, known also as Grandmother Rat. She focuses her attention on 'Morgan'. "Now, what can I do for you?" OOC
  20. DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +5 LINK: PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24 Having been defeated by the front door, the mustachioed human leads the Kasathan pilot and the Brenneri engineer back to Duncan and Davir at the loaded rig double- parked in front of "Ichihara Imports". Scratching his head, "Morgan" shrugs his shoulders. "Well, if at first you don't succeed.... Duncan and Davir, you continue to stay here and guard the Yaro berries. We're going to try the back entrance. Wish us luck." Once they encounter the growling sentinel back there, "Morgan" turns to Akari and Jin. "Boys, let me try something by myself, if you don't mind. If anything happens to me, head back to the rig and alert the others. Maybe Davir will have a back-up plan. In any case, just hang back a bit for now, okay?" Before "Morgan" approaches the multi-limbed behemoth, he takes out a datapad taken from their ship, types in a few commands, and then confronts the snarling guard. "Hey, buddy! Don't get smart with me! I've had a bad week already and I don't need any more aggravation from you. Look! I've got a delivery here and I need you to sign off on it before I can have my people bring it in." He deftly hands the datapad to the Shobhad. If the monster tries to reads it, while it is written in Castrovelian, the official-looking document also consists of the densest, most incomprehensible example of legalese ever conceived by any law firm from any Pact World imaginable. "C'mon! C'mon! Hurry it up, big guy! Just sign off on it, will'ya? Look, if you can't or won't sign off on it, well... let's just say that it would suck to be you, if you know what I mean."
  21. Knocking on the front door of the building yields no response. Bearing in mind the advice of the construction worker, those of the crew looking into the situation make their way to the back of the building towards the loading bay door. As they're walking Davir's voice comes over 'Morgan's' personal comm unit. Raenala had fired off an update to Tarika, but pointed out that it'll likely take a few days to reach her followed by another few days for them to get her response. As to the new management at the other end of this contract... Raenala advised playing it cool, but trusted in the boys to get a good deal. At the end of the day so long as EJ got it's money - and they got their bonuses - the finer details were inconsequential. Besides, nothing had been proven against Ichihara Holdings; the liner full of witnesses went down because of an engine failure! Reaching the loading bay, the crew give a few more perfunctory knocks on the metal door. A moment of silence passes before the door slides open... and a four-armed giant stands before them, armed and armoured. A Shobhad, one of the native species of Akiton. "What?!" It growls out in Common between its tusks. "No solicitors!" OOC Just as a reminder, most messages sent out over interplanetary distances are only going to move as fast as Drift Travel. You're free to try and contact Tarika for advice, but sending a message to her on Absalom Station is going to take around... 6 Days.
  22. As stated on discord, I am cool with more crew. More folks with which Peeka can snuggle. Lol Though how sleeping arrangements going to work or is it during next mission we get bigger ship?
  23. Gonna shoot for an update post tomorrow folks. More pressingly, I wanted to gauge opinions on recruiting some more people for the crew. This wouldn't happen until the crew finishes up this job, but still wanted to get a sense where people stand on that.
  24. Duncan "I can hang here sure. Just listen, we don't need to care who buys them as long as we sell them right," Duncan asks as he jumps down from the rig and stretches. His EJ hardsuit is undone in the front showing off his typical black tank underneath and broad chest. He lays his scatter gun on an open surface as he stands nonchalantly. OOC and Actions Duncan------------------------- HP: 11 / 11 EAC: 14 Fort: +5 SP: 11 / 11 KAC: 15 Ref: +4 Res: 3 / 3 Init: +8 Will: +4 ===== Reactions ===== ===== Actions ===== Ongoing Effects and Daily Use Things Ongoing Effects: Remaining Resources:
  25. DARWYN PRIESTLY ("Morgan Hunt") - Outlaw Human Operative 1 HP: 10/10 | SP: 8/8| RP: 5/5 | EAC: 15 | KAC: 16 | FORT: +2 | REF: +6 | WILL: +4 | INITIATIVE: +5 LINK: PRIMARY WEAPON: Azimuth Laser Pistol - 1d4F - 20/24 "Morgan" nods his head. "Akari's right. There's also the problem that the good, ole' EJ might find the excessive paperwork a problem, but I guess that's something for their lawyers and accountants to deal with, not us." The tall human then addresses the entire group. "Look, we can't leave the shipment alone and unguarded, but we're going to have to check this out in the flesh. How about Akari, Jin, Whiskey and I go to the front door to talk to someone higher-up the bureaucratic ladder while the rest of you stay here?" "While we're at it, could one of you contact Raenala about this? Maybe she's got a different perspective on all this, or maybe she might have some contacts we could use. Also, ask her to contact Tarika and see what he knows." "If anybody has any better ideas, I for one would be happy to hear them. The sooner we get off this dirtball where we can see our enemies coming, the better I'll like it."
  26.  
×
×
  • Create New...