Jump to content

Chapter 3: Return to Stormshelm


Eric

Recommended Posts

While the previous morning was sunny and warm, this day dawns with a scudding gray carpet of low clouds and the humid, misty promise of rain in the coming hours. Still, the roads are yet dry, and at a brisk clip the group might hope to make it to the castle before precipitation sets in and dampens the journey, if not the mood. With scant threats faced thus far, an air of confidence exudes from those who had faced the perils of the unknown once and lived to tell the tale.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

f_hum_fighter.png.46ffd441cd9da9ff09443b3174ccc185.pngVanya seems very fit but she only stands 5'6" and her build is more athletic than powerful. Still, she shoulders her pack with the casual air of someone used to long marches and waits for someone to point the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"We have a good group here," Stoyan says during the walk, "The last group...we had elves and wizards."

To the dwarf they may as well have been the same thing, magic slinging, sneaky, dishonourable, lazy...sneaks, the lot of them.

"We should tell you, we took on a scout to serve us, a lantern bearer. He's a kobold. We spared his life in exchange for his service. Goes by the name of Yorp. Don't kill him if you see him. If you see more than one kobold, feel free to kill them all."

Having explored the edges of the keep, Stoyan shows the party their map, "There's enchanted beds over there. Stay clear of them. We were going to head east from the entrance hall into unexplored territory."

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

 

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngThorkell had signed up for adventure and peril; the hike did not yet dampen his eager spirits, and yet it did little to raise them either. Still, the others had mentioned, he thought, that it was not to be a long one. At least, if he had not misunderstood them.

As they journeyed forth, he fingered his sword-hilt and fiddled with his shield, to kill the idle hours if for nothing else. But the dwarf's words shook him from his boredom, and he harkened and stepped closer to better listen to him. A faint smile formed upon his lips, and he dared a light-hearted jest-to amuse everyone, or so he hoped, though in truth he had not given the matter much thought-as was customary with all his actions.

"Here, then, is a dwarf that perhaps prefers the company of kobolds over that of elves and wizards! A strange tale you say, master Barakovsen. But if this Yorp lives yet, and was not murdered by his own kindred for his treachery in your absence, then rest assured that I will keep a watchful gaze over him, when the time comes."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

        Rylan
spacer.png

Rylan awoke early, the first dapples of dawn's light caressing his face. He liked this time the best, it was quiet, and it meant he survived another night. A strong cup of tea, and he was ready to go.

The hike, he liked less, walking was so...pedestrian, he would someday be conveyed in a fine carriage, and the dwarf was both slow and loud. Still, to walk with a pack, in safety, was reassuring, if not comforting.

He raised an eye at the idea of a...thing being their scout, if such dark creatures were quick to betray their own kind, how much loyalty would they yield to outsiders. Still, he said little of this, his grumblings would only sound weak amongst new friends.

"What on earth would make any man murder a priestess? In my short life, even the foulest hearts have deeper motives."

 

Edited by crowe9107 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

     Aurora
oldmanwanderer_Elf_attractive_woman_with_long_blonde_hair_green_fddc4ad2-3087-42b9-b344-061390cb0b54.jpg.2d15dd3c832d6f44c16fb1432de379f0.jpg

Back in her old life Aurora had never been what her father referred to as an 'early bird' and since becoming an adventurer she had found the practice difficult but not undoable.

After several very strong mugs of tea the young adventurer joins her companions.

"I have always loved the smell of the world before a storm," she comments wistfully as she adjusts her pack on her shoulders.

"Evil is evil," Aurora responds Rylan. "It does the soul little good to ruminate on such things."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.275a20ebbce76510153dad737623596a.png

Astrid clanks along in her new suit of plate armor, recently purchased for this purpose and looking far too big for her britches in it, considering the attached (heretofore unused) warhammer, while retaining her trusty sling. With what looks almost like a swagger(?) from a successful adventure thus far, she says, acting as if she's a veteran and actually knows anything, "Well, evil is as evil does. For now, I just want to continue serving Frey in the best way possible: Get to the bottom of this thing and find some treasure."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

viking_warrior_sketch_by_josephqiuart_dblccfw-375w-2x.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9Nzg2IiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDkyNzQwZjEtZjdhYy00ZWY3LTllZmMtODVmZTA5ZTdiNjczXC9kYmxjY2Z3LTFmMjdiMjM2LTc3NmEtNDZjMS1iMjk4LThlNjE1YmIyYTFhYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9Njg2In1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLm9wZXJhdGlvbnMiXX0.8hQ6ZCVFj7HLiBrKrDK68z4QBdybPKRr-6KE5bNktqA
Ohthere formed up with the others at the appointed time. He listened and nodded his head as the others conversed. He was generally slow to trust others with his thoughts and quick to action. It was his way. And thus when the group started down the trail and left the safety of Mick's Bend and the Wizard's Walk behind them, he moved out ahead. He was not a wise man but he knew trouble was best found not stumbled upon.
 
His time was thus spent moving out to look for trouble and falling back to make sure his comrades were moving at pace so as to not get too far ahead. It was also never good to get separated.
 
 
 
 

 

Edited by Black Wyvern (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mist shrouds the mountain peak, and the dampness in the air turns to active drizzle as the outer wall of the castle comes into view. There are no obvious threats, and the gates still stand closed as they were the previous day. The wide crack in the wall to the west of the gate remains the easiest way in.

 

a) Enter through the gap

b) Try the gates again

c) Examine the walls

d) Something else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jojen_reed.png

Golan awaits by the wall,waiting for the others to catch up..

In a hushed voice he says to Stoyan,Astrid and his newer allies..

"How do you want to do this?,do we want to go in the same way?""

'"Who is willing to lead?""

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngThorkell stepped up confidently, eager to prove his worth. He unsheathed his sword: there was no enemies that he could see, but he did so to draw their attention.

"I can go forth if none are willing. Yet they will likely expect our return. Perhaps it would be wiser to surprise them."

 

(OOC: I don't know how the party entered last time-though in-game, I don't know if someone might have told of it to Thorkell already. Anyway, I am in favor of a new route, whatever it may be, but of course I am more than happy to abide by the majority.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.43d2d6ae4e6cc87532fc661aa2253990.png
Stoyan Barakovsen

"We should take the same path," Stoyan says, "We haven't checked the gate for traps."

"Someone should check the walls for guards though."

Show Stats

STRENGTH 14 +1 to hit and damage

INTELLIGENCE 9

WISDOM 11

DEXTERITY 7 -1 AC, and range attacks

CONSTITUTION 13 +1 hit point

CHARISMA 12

 

Hit Points: 7/7

Armour Class: 3 (Plate Mail (3), Shield (Bonus of 1), DEX (Penalty of 1))

THAC0: 1d20+1 Battle Axe 1d8+1, 1d20-1 Crossbow 1d6

Actions

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...