Edit History

Starhawk

Starhawk

spacer.pngIo

Android Mechanic 1 - HP 10/10 Stamina 7/7 Resolve 3/5

Theme.. way too romantic for an android.. or is it?

"So, what are we talking about here? The power of secular unitarianism compels thee?", remarks Io dryly.

"It's an external intelligence sourced intrusion into the Operating System, an infection, if you will.", she continues, replacing dry with with cool logic.

However, dry humor will not be denied once its appetite has been wetted. "In the absence of crucifixes and holy water, it falls to us to employ time honoured methods of dealing with an infection lest this become a plague ship. Lest? Where did that come from?" All the while her voice has been subtly changing from a friendly almost musical lilt into a clipped take names and kick ass delivery more suitable for promising threats that will then be delivered, likely with high velocity being involved.

"Thus, the methods I suggest are quarantine, analysis of a sample in a secure environment, air walled sounds good. It should then be examined for the purposes of identification and then eradication. At the same time, its means of entry should be established.", she continues, sounding like 'cool under pressure' is her middle name.

"Given that it appears to be a singular entity, we can but hope, it becomes a hacker duel at that point... us against it. I'd prefer not to face the hordes of hell.", she adds, coming back to religious elements.

"There appears to be a physical presence as well. The time honoured methods of dealing with a physical intrusion on a space vessel include, containment within sealed bulkheads, vaccum preferable sudden, close quarters combat, which my robot is currently engaged in, and my personal favorite explosive decompression, also referred to as 'blow it out the freaking airlock'. There's a uplifted ferret who needs to get out of the compartment poste haste. It is my understanding that organics in vacuum tend to.. you know... explode. "

Io fires up the ships anti-virus and air walling systems.

I mean to attack the thing. Another job is physically closing down sections of power grid, and network connections. Those not in virtual should attend to these physical matters.

Starhawk

Starhawk

spacer.pngIo

"So, what are we talking about here? The power of secular unitarianism compels thee?", remarks Io dryly.

"It's an external intelligence sourced intrusion into the Operating System, an infection, if you will.", she continues, replacing dry with with cool logic.

However, dry humor will not be denied once its appetite has been wetted. "In the absence of crucifixes and holy water, it falls to us to employ time honoured methods of dealing with an infection lest this become a plague ship. Lest? Where did that come from?" All the while her voice has been subtly changing from a friendly almost musical lilt into a clipped take names and kick ass delivery more suitable for promising threats that will then be delivered, likely with high velocity being involved.

"Thus, the methods I suggest are quarantine, analysis of a sample in a secure environment, air walled sounds good. It should then be examined for the purposes of identification and then eradication. At the same time, its means of entry should be established.", she continues, sounding like 'cool under pressure' is her middle name.

She doesn't stop there though, applying more real world parallels as comforting homilies. "Thus, I would suggest dropping out of warp immediately regardless of our position, given the likelihood that it's beach-head is warp space. This would be akin to letting a small part of the enemy force cross the bridge then blowing it up behind them. It's clearly closing the door after they're inside, but possibly before more arrive.", she adds with the ghost of a smile to go with the hard gleam in her eyes.

"Given that it appears to be a singular entity, we can but hope, it becomes a hacker duel at that point... us against it. I'd prefer not to face the hordes of hell.", she adds, coming back to religious elements.

"There appears to be a physical presence as well. The time honoured methods of dealing with a physical intrusion on a space vessel include, containment within sealed bulkheads, vaccum preferable sudden, close quarters combat, which my robot is currently engaged in, and my personal favorite explosive decompression, also referred to as 'blow it out the freaking airlock'. There's a uplifted ferret who needs to get out of the compartment poste haste. It is my understanding that organics in vacuum tend to.. you know... explode. "

I mean to attack the thing. Another job, besides taking the ship out of FTL is physically closing down sections of power grid, and network connections. Those not in virtual should attend to these physical matters.

Starhawk

Starhawk

spacer.pngIo

However, dry humor will not be denied once its appetite has been wetted. "In the absence of crucifixes and holy water, it falls to us to employ time honoured methods of dealing with an infection lest this become a plague ship. Lest? Where did that come from?"

All the while her voice has been subtly changing from a friendly almost musical lilt into a clipped take names and kick ass delivery more suitable for promising threats that will then be delivered, likely with high velocity being involved.

"The methods I suggest are quarantine, analysis of a sample in a secure environment, air walled sounds good. It should then be examined for the purposes of identification and then eradication. At the same time, its means of entry should be established.

"I would suggest dropping out of warp immediately regardless of our position, given the likelihood that it's beach-head is warp space. This would be akin to letting a small part of the enemy force cross the bridge then blowing it up behind them."

"Given that it appears to be a singular entity, we can but hope, it becomes a hacker duel at that point."

"There appears to be a physical presence as well. The time honoured methods of dealing with an intrusion on a space vessel include, containment within sealed bulkheads, vaccum preferable sudden, close quarters combat, which my robot is currently engaged in, and my personal favorite explosive decompression, also referred to as 'blow it out the freaking airlock'."