Edit History

Odeoron

Odeoron

So Unit 24, you would have seen Jonny's display of the real world showing the monstrosity that nearly hacked at Ash as it fell limp and dead shortly after the voice of another colonist being broadcast through the comms of Kloss'Gorr.

Another hint has been revealed quite clearly, and after you pulled the manifests, you saw that the Ferret mentioned by Io's drone Seraph, is named Stix, and is one of the majority of colonists that came from Sol system, the cradle of humanity.

If you wanted to you could give a computer's check, and using your credentials as a staff member to scan his vitals and even use the security footage to witness yet another physical entity that seems to try it's best to hide from others, but can't quite manage to do this very well from technological eyes or cameras hence why Seraph perceived it quite clearly.

You suddenly sense the overpowering yet gentle presence of Aristartriax in the back of your mind: "This organism feels very familiar to me for whatever reason... i... i can't seem to put my proverbial finger on it but... i think it's kind did something to my creators long ago..." he said that pensively as he looked at the footage of this minion that this Jaa'Syko head-shot just now. "It seems to be able to manifest, or create life-like creatures with independent wills that are still directed by it in the material world..." He added shortly before withdrawing into a silence that seemed indistinguishable from a computer hard at work processing data and attempting recovery protocols.

Ofcourse only you heard this.

From the manifests you managed to find out the names of the other three engineers that haven't spoken yet; Luna Tarrass - A post human floral individual female that came from Proxima-minor, a terraformed moon that couldn't quite sustain actual humans so those that live there had to 'adapt' ,Elion Kettersons, Human that came straight from earth, after graduating engineering university, and you would recognize yet another clone of Johnsons Alistair, C565. to which Jonny would only now realize after being shocked of how close that nightmare would have been to killing him too.

And as you all were there, just before Luna was about to speak, Elion intervened "Watch out!" a thick tendril of flesh was waving just at the entrance of your safe spot as it seemed to spit out 10 red glowing orbs, followed by what could only be understood as a maniacal and otherworldly guttural laughter.

Now you can either chose to roll initiative, or direct the engineers and Jonny to unplug and then you following suit, and retreat to the physical realm thus buying some time and finding the nearest teleport hub to go either to the group or to Stix and Seraph.

Or another option would be to attempt to see if you could tap into Io's attempt at raising the antivirus and see through 3 consequential computer's checks how you could build a hostile code, and direct some of the team you already have with you in here to engage these orbs and try to collect code samples for you to experiment with, but be warned this path is risky, and Aristartriax feels inaccessible currently despite you still being supercharged currently.

On this second option first computer's check is to see whether the antivirus itself isn't already compromised considering this thing is in here and it seems to not have done much about it on it's own. success is at 15

Second roll is to work on the data you collected thus far and try and direct it to further restrict the aberration's development hopefully trying to see if it can be ejected from the virtual space. 17 roll for success.

And 3rd toll if first roll is successful engage virtual 'white cells' to start attacking the infection hopefully weakening it's advancements even further.

Io, you would notice something bizarre, despite this sudden horror having been mere inches away from slashing at you too, your attempt to raise the antivirus' power further and engage further firewalls on top of what U24 had done prior, was met with failure, and that maniacal laughter of the anomaly, seems to pierce your circuits in a very powerful and damaging manner. It is a psychic attack that seems to be a form of mockery at your attempts, it feels that it already adapted to the firewalls and antivirus because U24 rose the first stage. so for you it will be a will save to try to resist it's influence from shorting some processors.

Ian, some people seemed to have believed you while others have, expectantly, resisted with what under less threatening circumstances be seen as scoffing which should be understandable.

You could either try to offer comfort to Ash through a diplomacy check, success is marked at 15, mainly because he is terrified, and you barely met the guy.
If successful Ash would get a roll with advantage to escape the frightened state. If failed, there's nothing happening but the time needed for a roll to get out would be reduced from currently 4 in-game minutes to 2.

Or press on and double down with a diplomacy check to convince by logical reasoning and bringing up the manifestations, but this would probably be harder sitting at a 18 for success.

At the same time you might be able to scoop a sample of the goop spilling from the carcass of this horror next to you and take it to a laboratory for analysis, though it doesn't feel like the present environment is permitting for such a travel alone.

As for Ash, thankfully you were already to focused on re-evaluating your situation, and after that prayer you made, it seems to have given you just enough calm to have managed to avoid a fear paralysis will save roll.

And anyone can give me a general environment perception check, because something seems to begin happening near ya'll that can further hint at the nature of the entity.

Odeoron

Odeoron

So Unit 24, you would have seen Jonny's display of the real world showing the monstrosity that nearly hacked at Ash as it fell limp and dead shortly after the voice of another colonist being broadcast through the comms of Kloss'Gorr.

Another hint has been revealed quite clearly, and after you pulled the manifests, you saw that the Ferret mentioned by Io's drone Seraph, is named Stix, and is one of the majority of colonists that came from Sol system, the cradle of humanity.

If you wanted to you could give a computer's check, and using your credentials as a staff member to scan his vitals and even use the security footage to witness yet another physical entity that seems to try it's best to hide from others, but can't quite manage to do this very well from technological eyes or cameras hence why Seraph perceived it quite clearly.

You suddenly sense the overpowering yet gentle presence of Aristartriax in the back of your mind: "This organism feels very familiar to me for whatever reason... i... i can't seem to put my proverbial finger on it but... i think it's kind did something to my creators long ago..." he said that pensively as he looked at the footage of this minion that this Jaa'Syko head-shot just now. "It seems to be able to manifest, or create life-like creatures with independent wills that are still directed by it in the material world..." He added shortly before withdrawing into a silence that seemed indistinguishable from a computer hard at work processing data and attempting recovery protocols.

From the manifests you managed to find out the names of the other three engineers that haven't spoken yet; Luna Tarrass - A post human floral individual female that came from Proxima-minor, a terraformed moon that couldn't quite sustain actual humans so those that live there had to 'adapt' ,Elion Kettersons, Human that came straight from earth, after graduating engineering university, and you would recognize yet another clone of Johnsons Alistair, C565. to which Jonny would only now realize after being shocked of how close that nightmare would have been to killing him too.

And as you all were there, just before Luna was about to speak, Elion intervened "Watch out!" a thick tendril of flesh was waving just at the entrance of your safe spot as it seemed to spit out 10 red glowing orbs, followed by what could only be understood as a maniacal and otherworldly guttural laughter.

Now you can either chose to roll initiative, or direct the engineers and Jonny to unplug and then you following suit, and retreat to the physical realm thus buying some time and finding the nearest teleport hub to go either to the group or to Stix and Seraph.

Or another option would be to attempt to see if you could tap into Io's attempt at raising the antivirus and see through 3 consequential computer's checks how you could build a hostile code, and direct some of the team you already have with you in here to engage these orbs and try to collect code samples for you to experiment with, but be warned this path is risky, and Aristartriax feels inaccessible currently despite you still being supercharged currently.

On this second option first computer's check is to see whether the antivirus itself isn't already compromised considering this thing is in here and it seems to not have done much about it on it's own. success is at 15

Second roll is to work on the data you collected thus far and try and direct it to further restrict the aberration's development hopefully trying to see if it can be ejected from the virtual space. 17 roll for success.

And 3rd toll if first roll is successful engage virtual 'white cells' to start attacking the infection hopefully weakening it's advancements even further.

Io, you would notice something bizarre, despite this sudden horror having been mere inches away from slashing at you too, your attempt to raise the antivirus' power further and engage further firewalls on top of what U24 had done prior, was met with failure, and that maniacal laughter of the anomaly, seems to pierce your circuits in a very powerful and damaging manner. It is a psychic attack that seems to be a form of mockery at your attempts, it feels that it already adapted to the firewalls and antivirus because U24 rose the first stage. so for you it will be a will save to try to resist it's influence from shorting some processors.

Ian, some people seemed to have believed you while others have, expectantly, resisted with what under less threatening circumstances be seen as scoffing which should be understandable.

You could either try to offer comfort to Ash through a diplomacy check, success is marked at 15, mainly because he is terrified, and you barely met the guy.
If successful Ash would get a roll with advantage to escape the frightened state. If failed, there's nothing happening but the time needed for a roll to get out would be reduced from currently 4 in-game minutes to 2.

As for Ash, thankfully you were already to focused on re-evaluating your situation, and after that prayer you made, it seems to have given you just enough calm to have managed to avoid a fear paralysis will save roll.

And anyone can give me a general environment perception check, because something seems to begin happening near ya'll that can further hint at the nature of the entity.

Odeoron

Odeoron

Now you can either chose to roll initiative, or direct the engineers and Jonny to unplug and retreat to the physical realm thus buying some time and finding the nearest teleport hub to go either to the group or to Stix and Seraph.