Edit History

Keante

Keante

@Arklytte

I've been waffling quite a bit on my selections within the Hedgewitch class (so many choices!) but I think I want to go with the Martial archetype and the Font of Inspiration path rather than my current selection of the Charlatanism and Tinker paths. Also, wanted to ask you about this Font of Inspiration secret:

Prescient Dodger: She gains the prescient dodger rogue talent, using her hedgewitch level in place of her rogue level. This stacks with any rogue levels she possesses. If the hedgewitch already has this rogue talent, she can select another rogue talent she qualifies for.

Prescient Dodger is the same thing as the Primal Ward feature from Avatar--that is, a monk-like bonus to AC. Can I just go straight into rogue talents instead of buying a redundant Prescient Dodger first?

One more thing: I get Beastmastery sphere as a bonus from my druid archetype. However, I don't see Trellis doing mounted combat, nor do I think I really want to be managing a fleet of tamed animal allies. Even getting the Animal Companion talent is giving me pause, though. We have 5 party members, and I have an elemental summon (another feature of the archetype) that will be good for combat. I have a feeling that adding an animal companion will make things really crowded. What do you think? I think a good solution would be to turn that Beastmastery bonus into a 2nd Nature sphere bonus talent, or maybe Scout or Athletics if we want to keep it combat rather than magic. I'll be allocating talents to all those, regardless.

Keante

Keante

@Arklytte

I've been waffling quite a bit on my selections within the Hedgewitch class (so many choices!) but I think want to go with the Martial archetype and the Font of Inspiration path rather than my current selection of the Charlatanism and Tinker paths. Also, wanted to ask you about this Font of Inspiration secret:

Prescient Dodger: She gains the prescient dodger rogue talent, using her hedgewitch level in place of her rogue level. This stacks with any rogue levels she possesses. If the hedgewitch already has this rogue talent, she can select another rogue talent she qualifies for.

Prescient Dodger is the same thing as the Primal Ward feature from Avatar--that is, a monk-like bonus to AC. Can I just go straight into rogue talents instead of buying a redundant Prescient Dodger first?

One more thing: I get Beastmastery sphere as a bonus from my druid archetype. However, I don't see Trellis doing mounted combat, nor do I think I really want to be managing a fleet of tamed animal allies. Even getting the Animal Companion talent is giving me pause, though. We have 5 party members, and I have an elemental summon (another feature of the archetype) that will be good for combat. I have a feeling that adding an animal companion will make things really crowded. What do you think? I think a good solution if would be to turn that Beastmastery bonus into a 2nd Nature sphere bonus talent, or maybe Scout or Athletics if we want to keep it combat rather than magic. I'll be allocating talents to all those, regardless.