OOC Conversations

Maester1216

If it is permitted, I would like to see if my character knows anything about the reputations of any of the crew prior to being assigned to the Oliphaunt, or even recognizes them. I'm guessing that Culture checks would be in order here.

• Akari Monduro -- as an ace pilot or E-J employee.
  • Raenala Zeizerer -- as an icon or E-J employee.
  • Davir Karst -- as a outlaw/smuggler or E-J employee.
  • Jin -- as a mechanic or E-J employee.
  • Duncan -- as an athlete or E-J employee.
Name
CULTURE (Akari Monduro)
1d20+8 13
CULTURE (Raenala Zeizerer)
1d20+8 4
CULTURE (Davir Karst/Reduce DC by 5)
1d20+8 8
CULTURE (Jin)
1d20+8 2
CULTURE (Duncan)
1d20+8 20

Well you would probably know that Kasathas in general are traditionalist and as such Akari comes from a very long line of pilots, probably from as far back as there were Kasatha pilots. A fact that he is very proud of and feels that the ability to pilot is something that comes naturally to him and it is almost intuitive in nature for him.

You would also know that he has been an employee for EJ for a long time, has a close relationship with Tarika and that this is his first assignment as the primary pilot of any ship.

I will leave it up to you on how you feel about his sarcastic and smartass nature or the antics of his little thieving pet Peeka. ;)

Just to clarify, the crew isn’t on the Oliphaunt yet. BD514 is a different ship, though without going into finer details the crew does get the Oliphaunt at the end of Book I.

As to your rolls, at a DC of 15 ‘Morgan’ is aware of the reputations of Akari, Davir and Duncan.

Also though I as the player have not even fully formulated it in my head yet. If you know anything about Kasathas you would know that Akari Monduro is probably not his full name and he has just shortened it for strangers.

Also let me do the same kinda check as well with that DC 15

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)
Name
Culture check Morgan
1d20+8 7
Culture check Jin
1d20+8 1
Culture check Davir
1d20+8 3
Culture check Raenala
1d20+8 19
Culture check Duncan
1d20+8 13

I hope with a 27 that Akari follows Raenala's social media accounts. 💅💅💅

Akari would probably know that Raenala is from one of the most powerful families on Apostae, and that she should be too well off to be working a job like this.

Edited by Gilda (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, Gilda said:

I hope with a 27 that Akari follows Raenala's social media accounts. 💅💅💅

Akari would probably know that Raenala is from one of the most powerful family's on Apostae, and that she should be too well off to be working a job like this.

So Akari will probably refer to her as Princess and the ones who do not know her have no idea why he does. Lol

This is good. This is good. I figure that Darwyn has bet (and lost money) on Duncan’s team when he got hurt. He will never forget that!

I will wait to see what @Zaathun will allow Darwyn to know about his PC.

Now on the Oliphaunt we would have to share rooms, but do we have to do it here on this ship? If so, with the permission of @Eagleheart, “Morgan” would prefer to bunk with him.

I’m sorry but I will post something tomorrow as I need to get some sleep.

Edited by artsmythe (see edit history)

I saw that roll - I like that. Also, big apologies for the late post, I work (support for) emergencies and I have had a double digit hour day today. Thankfully, that happens rarely.

While I don't know if Davir would've made too many headlines, I'd imagine it'd be painfully obvious to anyone with some knowledge of the Pact Worlds culture that he's Diasporan, clearly of not wealthy birth, and is not too possessive of the wisdom and depth of knowledge most scholars of the stars have.

Wouldn't take too much sleuthing to find out that he's working off 'recovery fees' on behalf of E-J Corp, too. Might also be obvious to Raenala that he's actively trying to avoid getting caught on recorder-cams, but would be deflective towards the reason if asked.

Now, to posting!

Edited by Zaathun (see edit history)

No rush mate, this week’s been a long one for me to. This is a good opportunity to mention that a relaxed, slower pace with regards to posting is my general tendency as a GM (baring combat, naturally), so don’t feel pressured to rush out a post.

As to the question of bunks, I found a photo of BD514’s interior (I’ll get that posted up soon). It’s essentially two rooms with three single beds in each.