Jump to content

PFS 8-22 Wrath of the Fleshwarped Queen| Game Play


Recommended Posts

Greetings,
Once again we find ourselves at the forefront of a great discovery involving Thassilon. Please meet up with your fellow agents in the Publican House in Riddleport. It is a popular tavern and a temple to Cayden Cailean. Once you’ve gathered together, proceed to the Shoanti camp location marked in the map I’ve given you, south of the Calphiak Mountains near the shores of the Varisian Gulf. There you will meet with the Shoanti leader Tide Watcher. She contacted me for help after her discovery of a Thassilonian ruin near their homes.


I trust you understand how rare it is for the Shoanti to reach out for help, and how
vital this makes your mission. Continued friendly relationships with the Shoanti are a high priority for the Society, as is learning whatever you can about this ruin and its original purpose. A word of caution, though—I know little about what you may face ahead. If the mission proves too dangerous, do not let your pride as new agents stand in the way of common sense.


I’ve enclosed money to pay for your passage and provisions along the journey. Try not to spend it all in one place.

Sincerely,
Sheila Heidmarch


Please provide a token on the google slide.

 

**** MAPS and HANDOUTS ****

 

 

Edited by Dax Thura (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

Circe of Shelyn of the Silver Crusade Faction

AC17 HP10/10 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 8 Spd 20' Init 2 

Female Human Cleric

Level 1 Init 2 HP 10/10 Speed 20'
AC 17 Touch 12 Flat-footed 15 CMD 13 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 8 CMB +1 Base Attack Bonus 0   
Cold Iron Reach Glaive +4 (1d10+1, x3)
Cold Iron Cestus  +1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)/Alchemical Silver Cestus +1 (1d4+1 19-20/x2)
Scale Mail (+5 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10

Defense Domain Power 1/day (for cleric rnds =1) 20'r +2 deflection to AC to all allies in 20'r

Adoration Domain Power 7/day Immediate Action DC15 Will Save or cancel attack.

Condition Low Light Vision

Skills Perception 8 (Low Light), Stealth 4

A young blonde haired human woman, tall but by no means musclebound, looks up at the tavern sign, which showed a dented ale mug, under which is printed the words "Publican House" in gold letters. Heavily armored, scale male, and heavily armed, glaive resting on one shoulder, she looks trifle incongruous, for otherwise she would look like a callow girl of little experience. Then again, there is the symbol of Shelyn on her surcoat, so the glaive isn't all that surprising.

Then, she turns to take in the city of Riddleport, her light blue eyes taking in the nearby river for the most part. Likely deemed pretty by most, there is an expressionless look to her facial features that takes something away from her looks. She turns her attention back to the tavern with its rough hewn wood, weathered shingles, lead glass windows.

Listening to the singing coming from inside, she concludes it's a temple to Cayden Cailean as well as a tavern. She sighs at the thought that she might have take part in some moronic drinking game, arm wrestling or some such.

Still, there was nothing for it. She'd have to venture inside and get hit on constantly. Stiffening her resolve, she opens the door and heads inside.

Finding an empty nook with a few other empty seats she parks her posterior and looks around to see if those she is to meet have arrived before her.

Seems not.

spacer.png

 

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

Statblock

 

Aurensar Petratianu
M N Human (Varisian) Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 / Wizard (Thassilonian Specialist) 1, Level 2, Init 1, HP 18/18, Speed 30'
AC 12, Touch 11, Flat-footed 11, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 2, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Mwk Greatsword 7 (6) (2d6+6 (9), 19-20 x2)
Silver Warhammer 5 (4) (1d8+4*, 20 x3)
CI Dagger 5 (1d4+4, 19-20 x2)
Haramaki (+1 Armor, +1 Dex)
Skills: Craft (Weapons) +9, Disable Device +8, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (Nature) +8, Linguistics +8, Perception +4, Spellcraft +8*, Survival +4

A somewhat scruffy-looking Varisian enters the tavern. His short beard would probably look better if it weren't for the singed-looking patch. From the look of his arms he probably knows how to use the greatsword strapped to his pack.. and the heavy silver hammer next to it. A wayfinder hangs from his belt, next to two pouches, a knife, and another small hammer.

It had been a while since he'd been here, but the Caydenites were just as rowdy as ever. Stepping to the side of the door, he checks for anyone not celebrating... there.

Walking over to the blonde's nook, he holds up his wayfinder. "Are you one of the team?"

 

Edited by shaventalz (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.bd8e5bbec0d2b4e71326e48270b4a0ec.jpeg

Excited to the point of almost being giddy, Vesal bound into the Publican. She was too ready for her first real mission for the Society. It was too exciting. The young Keleshite woman scans the tables for the other Pathfinders. Spotting the man's wayfinder, she heads over to the table with the blond woman and the man.

"Praise be to Sarenrae. I have found you. " She announces as she approaches the other. Without waiting for a response, she adds "I am Vesal Al-Narjis, but you can call me Vesal. Are the others here?

Description

Vesal looks like the standard keleshite woman except her skintone is more brass-colored than tan. Her brown eyes have a red tint to them Occassionally the bumps of two small reddish-brown horns can be seen hiding under her hair.

She wears a long flow skirt with a scimitar strapped at her side. Under her cloak, she wears a heavy leather jerkin for protection

AC: 17 (18 if adjacent to single foe) HP 9/9

Actions

Hide this

Stat Block 

Vesal
M N Ifrit (native, outsider) Bard (Dawnflower Dervish), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30

AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 2,

CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0, Action Points n/a

scimitar +4 (1d6+4, 18+; x2 +2fire)

darts +4 (1d4+1, x2) hide shirt (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)

Abilities Str 13, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 15 Condition None  

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prilika.jpgA compact dwarf galumphs into the Publican House, casually hocks up a loogie, and aims it at a nearby spittoon.  It misses horribly, ricocheting off two drunk patrons instead.  She gives an unconcerned shrug, glances around the room, then, spying the Varisian’s proffered wayfinder, ambles over to the gathering group.

With a knife sheathed in her boot and a hefty warhammer dangling from her belt, this newcomer certainly looks like an adventurer.  She wears a dirty explorer’s outfit over dented scale mail, while a keen battleaxe, a light crossbow, and a heavy steel shield all compete for space on her back.  Her coarse brown hair is managed by two long braids, and around her neck hangs a large wooden die, with seven pips carved in one side. 

With a surly expression the dwarf greets the others.  “Prilika Deepdelver. You all with me?  Off to find another glorious discovery for the Society?”  Sarcasm drips off nearly every word.

“Wait …” her nose wrinkles unattractively, “… is that your ass?!”  Leaning over, she takes a speculative whiff of the Varisian’s behind, then turns to smell the young Keleshite.  With a puzzled look on her face, she twists and leans over backward to sniff herself.   

“Nah, it’s me.  We’re good.”

Character Sheet

 

Edited by Dushara (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngHP:  12/12 | AC: 16 - FF: 14 - Touch: 12 | Fort: 6 Ref: 8 Will: 2


Shortly after the dwarf, a half-orc strolled into the Publican House, looking around at the local clientele with curiosity. After spotting the group - and the wayfinder - he began meandering his way over in their direction, seemingly have come to the conclusion that they were the ones he'd been looking for. A conclusion that seemed validated by the dwarf's mention of the society as he came into earshot.
"Hello friends."

Dressed in traveling clothes and light armor, the half-orc carried an unusually large bow with the comfortable ease of one who knew how to use it. Sliding into one of the open seats, he nodded a polite greeting at the others.
"I'm Dorez. Does anyone know how many are expected to be here?"
Keeping a straight face, he hoped that these were in fact the other agents, and not some random other group whose meeting he'd just interrupted.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

Circe of Shelyn of the Silver Crusade Faction

AC17 HP10/10 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 8 Spd 20' Init 2 

Female Human Cleric

Level 1 Init 2 HP 10/10 Speed 20'
AC 17 Touch 12 Flat-footed 15 CMD 13 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 8 CMB +1 Base Attack Bonus 0   
Cold Iron Reach Glaive +4 (1d10+1, x3)
Cold Iron Cestus  +1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)/Alchemical Silver Cestus +1 (1d4+1 19-20/x2)
Scale Mail (+5 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10

Defense Domain Power 1/day (for cleric rnds =1) 20'r +2 deflection to AC to all allies in 20'r

Adoration Domain Power 7/day Immediate Action DC15 Will Save or cancel attack.

Condition Low Light Vision

Skills Perception 8 (Low Light), Stealth 4

"Team? Yes, if we both pay our dues to Absalom.", replies the blonde girl to the query from the scruffy looking man with the greatsword, about being a member of the team. She seems a little cagey about answering, even after eyeing the Wayfinder, and clinks a little as she moves, on account of her armor.

"I am Circe, Priestess, may Shelyn watch over and keep you." she replies, gladly, to the Saranite who'd bounded over, full of the joys of life. Par for the course really. She smiles, just a little, at the greatsword man. "I would introduce you Sir, but I don't know your name.", she adds in that low, husky, breathy, plummy contralto she has, but which would make a Calistrian prostitute blush.

Just then a dwarf woman, whose posture and demeanor suggested she gets moved on by the authorities on a frequent basis, walked in. And here I thought I made a bad first impression, she thinks to herself, secretly glad that someone even less appealing than she was had shown up for this ass kicking.

Circe felt her right eyebrow rise as the newcomer decided to spit on two patrons. Prilika followed this up enquiring who it was exactly who could not wipe after performing... well an evacuation. Mortified at this, she breathes a sigh of relief that she herself is not accused of this.

Finding that she could not answer the dwarf's 'Are you with me?' query, on sheer principle, she decides to let the others speak first and then nod when they'd finished. She affirmed to herself that she would keep an open mind until after she'd seen this one fight.

When Dorez walked in and walked over, she replied to his query as to whether this was everyone with a succinct and to the point "Not me. I'm Circe Priestess of Shelyn."

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.bd8e5bbec0d2b4e71326e48270b4a0ec.jpeg

If looks could kill, Prilika would be a smoldering charred corpse. "Don't do that ever again!". Vesal hisses a warning at the butt smelling dwarf.

Quickly stepping away from the dwarf, she moves closer to Circe and Dorez. Stilling fuming over the recent insult, Vesal does her best to be polite. "Well met Dorez and Circe." she addresses them in a slow and controlled voice. Relaxing slightly, "We can wait a little longer to see if anyone else joins us".

 

AC: 17 (18 if adjacent to single foe) HP 9/9

Actions

 

Stat Block 

Vesal
M N Ifrit (native, outsider) Bard (Dawnflower Dervish), Level 1, Init 4, HP 9/9, Speed 30

AC 17, Touch 14, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort 1, Ref 6, Will 2,

CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 0, Action Points n/a

scimitar +4 (1d6+4, 18+; x2 +2fire)

darts +4 (1d4+1, x2) hide shirt (+3 Armor, +4 Dex)

Abilities Str 13, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 15 Condition None  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  

spacer.png

Statblock

 

Aurensar Petratianu
M N Human (Varisian) Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 / Wizard (Thassilonian Specialist) 1, Level 2, Init 1, HP 18/18, Speed 30'
AC 12, Touch 11, Flat-footed 11, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 2, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Mwk Greatsword 7 (6) (2d6+6 (9), 19-20 x2)
Silver Warhammer 5 (4) (1d8+4*, 20 x3)
CI Dagger 5 (1d4+4, 19-20 x2)
Haramaki (+1 Armor, +1 Dex)
Skills: Craft (Weapons) +9, Disable Device +8, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (Nature) +8, Linguistics +8, Perception +4, Spellcraft +8*, Survival +4

"Keep your nose to yourself!" the Varisian snarls to this 'Prilika'. "What are you, a dog?" And clients called him rude.

 

"Yeah, I pay the Pathfinder tax. Name's Aurensar." He clips the wayfinder back on his belt. "My letter didn't say how many Sheila was sending, either."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

The patrons of the Publican House do not disappoint Circe. On her way to her chosen table, she has two offers to join others at their tables. Another patron, having had just a bit too much to drink, approaches her after she's seated.

That man is gone only for the length of one swallow of her drink before Aurensar comes up and shows his Wayfinder.

Vesal bounds up to the table interrupting the just a little bit awkward meeting.

Prilka's entrance draws the ire of a couple of patrons. They begin to come for her, but change their minds when they note the array of weapons upon the gathered Pathfinders.

Dorez has to skirt around a couple of men who are in a hurry to leave as he enters the Publican House. He quickly decides that the odd gathering of folk at the back table are the ones he's here to meet.

 

Your letters does have the names of all of the agents that Sheila has sent them to. This is everyone. A map to your actual destination is also included.

 

 

 

**** MAPS and HANDOUTS ****

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.png

Statblock

 

Aurensar Petratianu
M N Human (Varisian) Ranger (Dungeon Rover) 1 / Wizard (Thassilonian Specialist) 1, Level 2, Init 1, HP 18/18, Speed 30'
AC 12, Touch 11, Flat-footed 11, CMD 16, Fort 4, Ref 3, Will 2, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1   
Mwk Greatsword 7 (6) (2d6+6 (9), 19-20 x2)
Silver Warhammer 5 (4) (1d8+4*, 20 x3)
CI Dagger 5 (1d4+4, 19-20 x2)
Haramaki (+1 Armor, +1 Dex)
Skills: Craft (Weapons) +9, Disable Device +8, Intimidate +8, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +8, Knowledge (Nature) +8, Linguistics +8, Perception +4, Spellcraft +8*, Survival +4

"Wait, hang on."

Aurensar picks up his letter again and picks at the corner. Eventually it peels up, revealing a second page. "Found the list of people" he says. "Looks like that's everyone."

 

He takes off his pack and sits down, careful to avoid snagging on anything. "So, what do you guys do on missions? Why'd Shiela pick this team? Me, I'm a local... grew up a few miles from here, figure that's part of why I'm in. Mostly I put my sword into the other guy, but I also found some talent in magic."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Prilika.jpgPrilika shrugs easily, seemingly indifferent to Vesal’s outburst, and apparently misunderstanding her objection.  “I can try, but when it comes, it comes.  Just a part of nature you’ve gotta accept.  Sometimes I don’t even know when I’ve farted.  Probably best if you just stay upwind.”

Her response to Aurensar is equally unconcerned, and equally off target.  “Dwarf.”  She needlessly indicates herself by jabbing her thumb in her chest.  “Dogs have tails.  Usually.  And walk on all fours.”

After the team is confirmed by the Varisian’s letter, the dwarf hoists herself up into a chair next to Circe.  She shrugs again in reply to Aurensar’s query.  “First mission for me, if you don’t count the training missions.  No idea why Sheila picked me—I’m just here ‘cuz I lost a bet.  Maybe ‘cuz I’ve been around a while—longer than humans, anyway—and know a few things?  Or ‘cuz I’ve been known to kill things that need killing?”  She shrugs again.  “I’m also favored by The Grey Polychrome,” a hint of respectful pride creeps into her voice, “but that’s just a few drops of magic.”

She glances over at Dorez.  “Nice bow,” she remarks in an offhand but genuine manner that shows no trace of the usual dwarven distrust for those with orcish ancestry.

Character Sheet

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.pngHP:  12/12 | AC: 16 - FF: 14 - Touch: 12 | Fort: 6 Ref: 8 Will: 2


Pausing at the human's discovery of the name list on the letter, Dorez blinked and turned his over to look at the back.
"Ah, right. There it is. Neat."

Tone flat at the blatant reveal of his obliviousness, the half-orc soon shook his head with a wry grin.
"I'm a decent shot with a bow, and usually not quite so blind. Not local, but not from too far away either, and it's my first mission as well."
Flashing a bright smile at the others, he nodded in acknowledgement of the dwarf's comment on his bow, but didn't speak up further, instead waiting to see if the others would say anything.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png

Circe of Shelyn of the Silver Crusade Faction

AC17 HP10/10 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 8 Spd 20' Init 2 

Female Human Cleric

Level 1 Init 2 HP 10/10 Speed 20'
AC 17 Touch 12 Flat-footed 15 CMD 13 Fort 4 Ref 4 Will 8 CMB +1 Base Attack Bonus 0   
Cold Iron Reach Glaive +4 (1d10+1, x3)
Cold Iron Cestus  +1 (1d4+1, 19-20/x2)/Alchemical Silver Cestus +1 (1d4+1 19-20/x2)
Scale Mail (+5 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10

Defense Domain Power 1/day (for cleric rnds =1) 20'r +2 deflection to AC to all allies in 20'r

Adoration Domain Power 7/day Immediate Action DC15 Will Save or cancel attack.

Condition Low Light Vision

Skills Perception 8 (Low Light), Stealth 4

Circe's expression, clearly impassive at the best of times, turns positively rigid as Prilika sits next to her. "I'm not local.. anywhere really. As to what I do. I'm a fighting priest of Shelyn, no flowers in this girl's hair, so handy with a glaive, deceptively hard to hit, some healing though not what you'd call 'learned'", she purrs in her husky, low contralto, which when set against her stoney faced mien suggests someone deeply repressed. Glancing around the partying clientele, she sniffs moodily. "Shall we go, talk on the road in the open air?"

Edited by Starhawk (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...