Edit History

Zashuan

Zashuan

At first, Santokumaru had almost considered not returning; the shadow of Honyaki's deception stung far worse than his tournament loss, and there were other kingdoms where word of his banishment had not yet spread. He had lost battles before in his path to prowess, and there was a great deal to learn from Clove's incredible cuts, slicing through defenses like blocks of tofu. But the knowledge that everyone assembled mistakenly viewed him as a traitor, to his village and to his people, was the hardest weight to bear. Santokumaru had already made plans to move on to the next kingdom, and he had one foot on the caravan when he received the Princess' letter, heavy with a tone of pleading desperation that struck him as odd. He had assumed that all warriors who lost in the tournament had been summoned back as a formality, to be offered jobs as gate guards or toll road attendants. When he returned to the castle, however, he noticed that the other 'hero candidates' hadn't been from the tournament at all. Why was it that the Princess would want him to return, disgraced as he was? Regardless of her reasoning, Santokumaru was oathsworn to accept.

"A knife is but a lifeless piece of metal, without a hand to wield it," Santokumaru says, bowing before the Princess and the King. "So too, is the warrior aimless without his cause. I do not understand your decision to call back someone as small in skill, and as..." He pauses, wincing. "...damaged in honor, as I. But if it pleases you, I would gladly be wielded by the kingdom, to whatever end you deem just."

Santokumaru turns to his newly minted companions, and bows again. "For those who do not know me, I am Santokumaru, a humble swordsman of Honyaki. It is an honor and a privilege to fight beside you, if you would have me."

~ Butler, priestess, mech.

The knife stirs; the first cut of

A new adventure. ~

Zashuan

Zashuan

At first, Santokumaru had almost considered not returning; the shadow of Honyaki's deception stung far worse than his tournament loss, and there were other kingdoms where word of his banishment had not yet spread. He had lost battles before in his path to prowess, and there was a great deal to learn from Clove's incredible cuts, slicing through defenses like blocks of tofu. But the knowledge that everyone assembled mistakenly viewed him as a traitor, to his village and to his people, was the hardest weight to bear. Santokumaru had already made plans to move on to the next kingdom, and he had one foot on the caravan when he received the Princess' letter, heavy with a tone of pleading desperation that struck him as odd. He had assumed that all warriors who lost in the tournament had been summoned back as a formality, to be offered jobs as gate guards or toll road attendants. When he returned to the castle, however, he noticed that the other 'hero candidates' hadn't been from the tournament at all. Why was it that the Princess would want him to return, disgraced as he was? Regardless of her reasoning, Santokumaru was oathsworn to accept.

"A knife is but a lifeless piece of metal, without a hand to wield it," Santokumaru says, bowing before the Princess and the King. "So too, is the warrior aimless without his cause. I do not understand your decision to call back someone as small in skill, and as..." He pauses, wincing. "...damaged in honor, as I. But if it pleases you, I would gladly be wielded by the kingdom, to whatever end you deem just."

Santokumaru turns to his newly minted companions, and bows again. "For those who do not know me, I am Santokumaru, a humble swordsman of Honyaki. It is an honor and a privilege to fight beside you, if you would have me."

The knife stirs; 'tis the first cut of

A new adventure. ~

Zashuan

Zashuan

The knife stirs; 'tis the first cut of

A new adventure. ~