Jump to content

Chapter 3 - Back to Carisport


Blaeringr

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

spacer.pngNeil is quite pleased with everything, and happy to pay the group 100 300 gp, plus another handful of gold for the book of erotic goblin art. He doesn't seem especially interested in the rest of the books, and comments that there are certainly a few book stores and various other collectors in Carisport.

He eagerly takes the crown, and hides it away in a case. After enthusiastically shaking everyone's hand, and remorsefully noticing "Sad Weyling didn't make it. Will there be a funeral?" he invites the adventurers to take all the time they want to tell their tale over some wine and buttery bread.

After the adventurers wrap things up with Neil, they find themselves outside in the growing darkness, with heavier purses and bellies, and an open kind of uncertainty about what comes next for them.

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)
Name
handful of gold
12
1d4*3 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3


HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 3/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :


Khaine was pleased to share the story with the hobgoblin, and was very happy with the money recieved for the books. He had hoped to get rid of them in bulk, but Neil had given a few likely places. Bread and wine was not quite enough to sate him, so he suggested a nice meal, a few beers and a warm bed (each). They could discuss plans for the next job over breakfast!

He handed out the gold from the job and the sale of the books. 62 gold and 4 silver each.

Edited by omegoku (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chelia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 42/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 | Will: +8

conditions: none

 

"Weyling decided after the operation to pursue other opportunities," she said, "he was alive and well the last time we saw him, but he just decided that adventuring in the wild wasn't really his thing. Can happen. Not everybody is cut out for that kind of life."

Outside she would suggest going to an inn or something to discuss the next steps. As they worked quite well together as a group, maybe they could stay together and put some of the money in a communal pot to pay for communal things, like some healing potions or one of those 'bigger on the inside than on the outside' bags.

 

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

"Agreed with staying and working together~ Lets get ourselves some nice rooms, a good meal of celebration tonight and then we can find our next adventure! I'm all in favor of this type of work, exploring the unknown... I couldn't expect our very first job would have some clues about the mass migration... or at least, someone studying passage between the worlds. This must be a sign that we ought stick together" Says the little halfling merrily after they scored so much coin and did such a good job in the days they were away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

13th of Renewal, year 20.


Evening at The Stoneforge Inn


The Stoneforge Inn is located on First Landing which is also frequently called the outlander quarter. The inn itself is at the back of the quarter, carved into the cliff face. Perhaps it was once intended to be one of the warehouses, a smaller one, that pocket the cliffs of Carisport. A sign hangs out from the entrance depicting a dwarf hammering a rock over a flame.

The hearth cackles merrily in the common room where a mix of all kinds of patrons enjoy the food and atmosphere. There are folk of many races here, but this inn seems extra popular with the small dwarvenpun intended, lol population of Carisport.

On the stage, a group of two dwarves and a gnome play out a deep pensive song about their home land over and under the mountain. The place seems to be run by a family of dwarves with a couple humans working there as well.

The menu tonight has a lot of fresh fish, oysters, and mushrooms on it, as well as some dried fruit. It being a dwarven establishment, there is of course a large selection of fermented drinks of all kinds. The stout folk of Kol Goram don't seem to trust plain water very much. For 1 silver apiece, the adventurers are able to get a solid meal with a couple drinks each. For another silver each - a decent bed in a collective room. Private rooms for 2-3 occupants are 8 silver per room.


With bellies filled and lodging secured, inns like this are a great spot to pick up rumors. The adventurers could of course also go to the town hall to learn of any special projects or problems or contracts they could pursue, but that will have to wait til morning and a decent rest.

Listening to Rumors

Diplomacy rolls to gather information:

  • Chalia
  • Flick
  • Kek
  • Khaine
  • Maybell

 

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)
Name
Chalia
13
1d20+0 13
Flick
18
1d20+9 9
Kek
9
1d20+0 9
Khaine
9
1d20+0 9
Maybell
10
1d20+9 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

Maybell is happy to celebrate a job well done with her friends, to delight in food and drink. And maybe she's a bit off her game when it comes to getting rumors tonight... but at the same time, she finds this to be an important opportunity to MAKE rumors herself. They had just completed a good job, are flush with coin and success and the group wishes to stay together even after facing such dangers together.

 

This is time to spread word about themselves. Nothing too crazy, but you gotta start small and let things flow gently. She COULD make some noise and a party of it... but thinking of her allies, she doesn't think Chalia or Kek would appreciate too much attention drawn to themselves or great rowdiness. Maybe in private? She'll have to get to know them better. So as to not bother her allies, while they are dining and listening to rumors she'd offer to go get more orders at the bar and warns them she'll be gone for a little bit...

 

And once at the bar, she'll make the orders and strike conversation with whoever seems open to it, maybe even invite folks at the bar for a drink on her dime to open up the interest. Then... well one doesn't need to lie when you have actual accomplishments to brag about. She can't give any details about their work, but she can say they did an adventurer job in the north. Just speaking of the places they have seen, the fight against the giant spiders, their meeting with the wandering elves, warning the non human clientele about trouble in the roads with the Highwolves, the sights in the towns they visited... Truth and details about what they can share gives legitimacy to her tale. Right now they are just another group of adventurers that completed a mission... but that first hurdle is a big one. They are a picturesque group, each of them of a different race altogether, all quite very different from one another.

 

With some luck, she can make a friend or two in the dwarven community... and while maybe nothing comes of it, they can possibly spread word of their existence. You never know when word of you may reach the right ear who may have a job for you. They are not affiliated with any army or organization nor do they carry any secrets... so there's no need to be shy about their work besides protecting Neil's secrets. With some luck and more jobs they can forge a reputation for reliability.

 

OOC: Yup, Maybell is gonna be doing a little chatting to work PR for the group and start getting their name and small tale out there. Right now it is just a fun story at the bar but!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3


HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 3/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :


Khaine was pleased with inn. He books a bed in the room. He is more than used to bunking with others. He spends another silver on a hearty meal and some drinks and enjoys himself. He speaks with the dwarves, the humans and his own friends. He recalls exciting moments from their recent past and gives thanks for their safe return. He offers up a toast to Weylin and wishes him well in his new path.

He spends some time singing along to some tunes. He recognises some and tries to learn parts of the songs that are new to him. He even dances a little when the music tempo rises. Eventually, he has tired himself out. As the music dies down and many of the patrons begin to make their way to bed or to home, he to says goodnight and heads to bed.

 

OOC - Spends 2 silver

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kek-tok-sm
 

 

Hakaja Kek

HP: 42/42 ~ AC: 20 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +7 ~ Ref: +9 ~ Will: +8 ~ Per: +8

Sheet link

 
 
Kek nods in approval Maybell. He's not particularly good at diplomacy, but he can appreciate it when he sees it. "Perhaps some information about the masked bandits? I suspect we will run into them again soon," he suggests.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Flick hears some rumors...

Since New Year's Day, a few groups of prospective settlers, eager to tame their own land outside established borders to the east and north east of Newvale/Riverhall. The lands that way are not well scouted, and many worry for the future safety or viability of the settlements as a significant proportion of the would be settlers are people who have had really bad luck in the colonies so far.

"Howie's got a flake habit something bad," one concerned woman just outside the inn says, "and when he can't afford that awful stuff, or steal for it, he's drunk. I don't know how they talked him into this expedition." There seems to be a lot of gossip that more than just a few prospective settlers are really at rock bottom in their lives. What are the expedition leaders thinking?

Society Check DC 15

New settlements, especially ones beyond the accepted boundaries of the colonies, will not be defended by colony groups like the Outriders. The way things generally work is that when a settlement becomes large enough to fend for itself and watch out for other settlements, then they get the option of a colony charter - joining a mutual defense pact of sorts.

Chalia hears some rumors...

Raids on caravans and travelers on the Northern Roads are increasing, and colony patrols are spread too thin to make much of an impact. Captain Forns of Merrow believes that banditry in the region is getting more organized is offering some kind of reward for good information about bandit groups.

Town Hall in Carisport will have some official contracts. This will include things like bounty hunting, exploration charters, and helping to secure new settlements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chalia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 42/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 30 | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 | Will: +8

conditions: none

 

With so much coin in her purse, Chalia decided to splurge and took a private room and a good meal with some nice wine. She suggest the next morning to head out to the town hall to see what options they have on exploration contracts. She will also mention to the others that Captain Forns of Merrow is interested in information about more organised bandit attacks, so if anybody hears something, it might be worth something.

 

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

used 10 sp to get a decent meal and a private room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14th of Renewal, year 20 - Carisport


After a good rest, the adventurers head up Harbor Road up the cliff to main town to visit town hall.

Captain MerrA familiar face, Captain Merr, greets them in the lobby. His armor has a few new scratches on it, but he looks to be in good health and good spirits.

"A young Khaine! Back in town, I see. What are you and your friends up to?" Captain Merr seems curious to see all these non humans with Khaine, but curious in a positive, friendly way. "A lizard-boy? How nice! Will we be seeing more of your kind visiting and trading with Carisport, young lad?"

Captain Merr is able to direct them to the bounty board.

bounty board

Screenshot2024-04-24155234.png.7db30827b112f6e6f96657166133ef63.pngScreenshot2024-04-24155737.png.be77e6724aae581880e6cd0c4f853eb2.pngScreenshot2024-04-24160158.png.efcb3540ab98c7bd7e5dcae434534a3f.png

For other jobs, they are redirected to the nearby offices of the newly established Exploration SocietySome well off merchants and land owners in the Prosper Bay colonies have put together this little club of sorts to encourage and fund the exploration of the continent.

The founders are mostly younger members of wealthy families, eager to make their own fortunes and leave their own mark on history, not content to live in their families' shadow.
. "Looks like the exploration efforts are getting some better funding and organization. Sounds promising!"


there are a few jobs posted as well at the Exploration Society's board:

Screenshot2024-04-24154003.png.c8aff491a7c377b12507e1d3258501f5.pngScreenshot2024-04-24154510.png.99a0f14bbca10cb8c9970e19f2d32903.pngScreenshot2024-04-24160921.png.c740e2f0c10643a09954e3cc85e7c0c9.pngScreenshot2024-04-24161407.png.14eabb4d39f9e6aee181228851c36b69.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Flick

HP: 30/30
AC: 17

Perception +7
Fort +7
Ref +7
Will +7


"...kobold, sir," mutters Flick. "Not... 'lizard-boy'."

"I'm the only one who's left our home so far... but maybe that'll change soon." ...and there must be other kobold tribes out there, right? Maybe some of them are more adventurous than the Whiteclaws.

After looking at the jobs, he quietly says "I was trained for diplomacy and map-making, not any of this other stuff... but I'll go along with whatever you guys choose."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3


HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 3/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :


Khaine gave the captain a warm hand shake.

"Well met again Sir, we are back from a trip into the wilds. We had to deal with some goblins who had been taken over by a sentient slime. It looks like you have seen some action yourself? We were just looking for a new job. Any recommendations?"

Sensing Flicks discomfort, Khaine tried to be diplomatic.

"I have rudely not introduced my travelling companions. This is Flick, as he said he is a kobold. This is Kek of the Hakaja. This is Chalia and this is Maybell from nearby Riverhall."

When the group looked at the jobs, Khaine thought out loud.

"Bounty hunting might bring in some quick coin, but I don't think I know where to start searching for criminals. Perhaps we could keep an eye out for them while we do other jobs? Looking for the missing people or searching the ruins sound like jobs we would be good at?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...