Ye Olde Tavern

Eric

On 7/9/2024 at 8:38 PM, cheezal said:

I think you will find, no further attacks are needed...Gannon has them all under her Control.

That ... is not really good news for Laurana. I know Dnd Basic seem more, that our character are a bunch of stats and we exploring dungeons, but still, Laurana has no love for creepy priestesses. :p

So... you are going to be That guy are you? Gannon will want to keep her Guests..So what are we to do ? have a Dialogue ? even though you have acted without even a discussion, or Gannon and Golan since he brought her along will leave and adventure on their own or with others if they come with them,or is someone about to lose their character?

That's not threat, but an observation...

Which path do you wish to choose?

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

No one is forcing you to quit! Gannon thus far has done nothing against any party member either... Nor necessarily will...

Raistlin was an odd character within the Dragonlance party...yet he was still loyal to the party..

You don't know Gannon,but are making judgement on her..

If you have issue with Gannon being here if she wants to retain the undead, Then i will head off with them..

As long as you don't oppose her, we will have no issue.. we could even co exist... You are a Cleric ,not a Paladin..

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)

Personally, Laurana can tolerate Ganon, but if she insists on keeping undead, there's no way Laurana would accept using undead or adventure side by side with them. Moral aside, we talking about corpses, the smell and sight must be unbearable.

We can split the party into two groups and explore separately if she insists on keeping her pets.

Oy vey. I take one night off...

15 hours ago, Mindcrime said:

Nope, there is no problem here as I will simply bow out. @Eric, thank you for the opportunity. Good gaming everyone!

I'll ask you to reconsider, but recognize that having fun and playing the character you want are the most important goals. If you do leave, I hope to game with you again sometime!

15 hours ago, cheezal said:

You are a Cleric ,not a Paladin..

I have to take issue with this. No one, not even the GM, has the right to tell a player how their character should or should not be played. Having characters of opposing faiths in the same party is always a gamble. Often it can be managed with a degree of grudging tolerance, but there's no guarantee that's the way it will play out.

I will be posting a poll in a separate topic momentarily so we can get a full sense of the party on how we should proceed ICly.

My view on the subject is this.. Based on the presumption,that none of us have worked together before as it hasnt been in their backgrounds.. Golan has loose ties with Gannon.

But my point is before we started this game, we werent all given dosiers on each person they would be travelling with their faiths, moral or ethical triggers and the like..

Gannon is a pc, who's faith has no issue with the Control of undead.

It is totally unknown to her, the pc that was ready to move on the Undead has a troubled past because of them.

I am for us all working together despite our differences, as we are being hired not by ourselves but the Captain.

When i stated the comment about him being a Cleric and not a Paladin, my comment was more to say I would think a Cleric is not as rigid as a Paladin would be,it was in no way telling him how to play his character, but i would also ask him to respect my right to play mine as i wish too.

Thats all i have to say on the matter at hand.. As stated,if Gannon causes issue within the group, Gannon would head off alone, but Golan considering he brought her along would go with her ,because he brought her on the voyage.

But my point is before we started this game, we werent all given dosiers on each person they would be travelling with their faiths, moral or ethical triggers and the like..

Sorry and respectfully, you could had take the time to read all the other applications, that's not a reasonable explanation.

To be honest, it's just my humble opinion, but it's common sense that a character called Gannon the cruel who like undead could be a challenge to incorporate in the party.

Possible easy resolution based on the vote to consider: Change her name to Gannon the gentle, and make her a cleric that don't like undead instead.

But thats not how life is... we don't work at jobs,and fit in with everyone..

But you still do the work.. And as i said.. you don't start a new job, having looked at the dosiers of everyone you are about to work with..

I made the character the way i want to play it.. i am quite happy to wander off ,if its such a hassle with Golan.

Since it is clear we have irreconcilable differences, I've moved cheezal's characters to a separate game. I'll reach out to Mindcrime to see if he is interested in returning given the split.

This may put us slightly below optimal levels for the adventure. I can either recruit, or we can fast-track advancement to get the party to the requisite power.