Jump to content

Chapter 3 - journey to Glass Creek


Blaeringr

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

spacer.png"What the - ?!" he appears to be completely caught off guard that Flick is able to speak. His facade seems to be starting to crumble, as he tries to recover. "I'm a bit shaken up. Honest mistakes happen to all of us."

Despite mostly recovering, he can't help giving Flick some serious side eye as he speaks. "My bad, I'll just be on my way."

But he's not trying to make his way back to the main road to get help again - he's trying to get around Khaine and horse to make for the farm with the burning silo.

Edited by Blaeringr (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

"Khaine, he's trying to slip around and get to his buddies at the site of the fire. Now, my good thespian, either break character or we... how do they say... break your ankles... or was it knees? You may be used to lying to the end, but that only works in front of a crowd. Now, either give up the game or we'll consider you a hostile Highwolf" says Maybell... however, they clearly are losing time here... indeed, it may be wiser to knock this artist down and move to the site of the blaze and the actual confrontation on their terms.

 

 

Name
Intimidation
13
1d20+4 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chalia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 42/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 25 (30) | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 (+10) | Will: +8

conditions: none

 

"Do as the lady says," Chalia simply said, putting her greatsword against his neck. It wouldn't cut him that way, but she made it clear that cutting was certainly an option she was considering.

 

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

I'm not sure if I get a bonus for using props (to whit, a greatsword), but even then, I don't think I'll make the DC

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
intimidate (untrained)
4
1d20 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3


HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 3/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :


Khaine goes to grab the man, making sure to pin his arms down, to avoid any weapons being drawn.

"Calm down and tell us what you know! I can't keep these aliens in check much longer!"

 

Name
Athletics
13
1d20+9 4
Intimidate
20
1d20+5 15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At first, the man seems to sneer and dig his heels in further at the threats from the 'aliens'. But Khaine's words cut through his guard. After a few moments of shock he finally drops the ruse.

spacer.png"We're making things better..." he mutters, mostly to himself. Then more clearly, "It's for their own good. And ours. Wolves don't den with bears or badgers. They need to find their own land and not leech off of the settlements our fathers founded¹."

He appears to have a very foggy view of very recent history, but nonetheless he goes on to explain how the Highwolves are patriots, in his mind, espousing traditional human values, and protecting against imminent alien take over where the nomadic elves, as one example, will start destroying larger communities forcing people into nomadic lifestyles².

At the farm, an ambush awaits in the barn (not the silo which was set on fire). There's not abducted family of elves - that was pure fabrication - and the plan was to rake the group alive, or mostly alive, and torture them a little to scare them and spread the word to keep out of human lands, and maybe experiment on them just a little. One of their leaders, Rex³, is a genius who loves to pick apart aliens for research.


1. The colonies were founded by a variety of races. Elven nomads were crucial in scouting the land, and halfling farmers in quickly converting it to flourishing farms. Just to name a couple examples.

2. The elves of Talanrial are not strictly nomadic, and absolutely do build their own settlements, as Chalia has personally seen.

3. "Little" Rex Coleburn from the wanted poster?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Flick

HP: 30/30
AC: 17

Perception +7
Fort +7
Ref +7
Will +7


"Humans got to where they are by working together," says Flick. "The same goes for elves, and kobolds, and everyone else. Some people look different, but we're all still people - and people can be good, bad, or anywhere in between."

"I think you're just scared,"
he offers, "and your leaders are taking advantage of that. But the truth is, humans and 'aliens' can work together and get along just fine." He gives a little smile, even though he's shaking like a leaf. "So please, call off the ambush and take us to Rex, and we'll sort this out."

Edited by Eagleheart (see edit history)
Name
Diplomacy
17
1d20+9 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

Maybell pats Flick in the back for his courageous words... she frankly has less hope, even as the ambassador of the group, that a mere chat will be able to quell the heart of hate that may at loose here. Specially when a wanted man seems to be leading this pack, one who has experimented on unwilling people just because they look different than him. She sees for now how the young man reacts... but regardless she prepares for the battle she's expecting ahead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The man seems genuinely confused. He watches as the other human, Khaine, smoothly takes direction from a pale elf to encircle him, how the halfling in kinship pats the shoulder of the talking white lizard. The lizards talks! And it seems so kind and gentle. And the orc standing by with the healer's tools on a pounch on his chest clearly displayed. An orc healer? Orcs are supposed to be monsters.

spacer.png"I-I can't call it off. I'm not in charge..." His voice is softer now and lacking all confidence.. "They're waiting for you in the barn. Said a group of aliens matching your description was causing trouble on the main roads, that you'd jump at the opportunity to raid a farm in peril. Said you were bullies."

He drops his threshing flail, and just sits down right there on the trail leading up to the farm.

"My name Sean. It's probably safest if you just leave and go back on your way."


The two story barn is on a little rise, with windows on the second floor, a shed on one side, and a small forest on the north side close to it. The farm house is a few dozen feet off to one side (to your left if looking from the south as these adventurers currently are) on its own little mound of raised earth.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chalia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 42/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 25 (30) | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 (+10) | Will: +8

conditions: none

 

"We can ambush the ambushers," Chalia said, "Let one of us see them and if they rush out, run them into an ambush of our own. Or give them what they planned on doing to us. We shoot some flaming arrows into the barn and pick them off when they come outside."

 

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kek-tok-sm
 

 

Hakaja Kek

HP: 42/42 ~ AC: 20 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +7 ~ Ref: +9 ~ Will: +8 ~ Per: +8

Sheet link

 
 
Kek nods as Chalia presents her plan. "That would be my preference," he agrees. "Khaine or I could also go around the back quietly and bar the rear door, to limit them to one exit."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3


HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 3/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :


Khaine lowers his fists, it seems Sean would not be fighting just yet.

"Flick speaks true friend! What is new or unknown can be scary. But most of the folk I have met on my travels have been friendly and helpful. The only person I have had issue with so far has been a fellow human. The elves are not eager to take your land, anymore than you are eager to take others land. If you had a halfling for a neighbour, it would be a major boon. You've not lived until they have invited you to lunch!

Experimenting on unwilling folk is just plain evil. Your buddy has a price on his head for doing that and other awful acts. My friends and I are not going to let him continue hurting folk. You should go home and work your land and forget all the fear this fellow is stoking."

His piece said, he turned to his allies.

"I don't reckon burning down the barn is a good idea. We don't even know who owns this place, or who else is in there. Maybe myself and Kek can sneak round back. Chalia can call em out and they will have to come out and face you rather than ambush us as we enter. Kek and me will come up and catch em from behind if they don't feel like surrendering peacefully?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png"You're right, of course. What have I gotten myself into..." Sean seems indecisive for a moment, then say,. "They're waiting for you in the barn. They've got a lookout for anyone approaching, but the woods on the other side of the barn is their blind spot. I don't know what they'll do if you try any of those tricks." he shrugs.

Sean looks utterly miserable

"I didn't know nothing about aliens, really. Rex came to my village last year, started talking about how we were in for all kinds of trouble. Aliens were flooding Carisport, convincing the council there to fund growth, but only for non-humans, how they were selling out their own kind."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3


HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 3/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :


Khaine nodded.

"I understand how you could be tricked. This guy seems good at stoking up trouble. Just be more careful in future and remember we are all people. We are all just trying to make the best of it. Also, alien isn't exactly a friendly term. I think you will be just fine."

His considers their options.

"We could all try sneak up from the woods? Or one or two of us can sneak that way while the rest make some noise approaching the barn. While they prepare for an ambush, we can give em a surprise and they will be caught between us. How does that sound?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Flick

HP: 30/30
AC: 17

Perception +7
Fort +7
Ref +7
Will +7


"I think all of us should go through the woods," says Flick. Then, to Sean, he says "Have you ever been to Carisport? You should go there and see for yourself what it's like. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 of Renewal, year 20


Afternoon, abandoned farm


The adventurers approach the would be ambush, Chalia and Kek take up position near the door to the small house, while Flick, Khaine, and Maybell creep close to the barn through the undergrowth of the woods.

They look around

Perception checks:

  • Chalia
  • Flick
  • Kek
  • Khaine
  • Maybell

 

Name
Chalia
13
1d20+8 5
Flick
13
1d20+7 6
Kek
9
1d20+8 1
Khaine
18
1d20+6 12
Maybell
25
1d20+8 17
Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...