Jump to content

Chapter 3 - journey to Glass Creek


Blaeringr

Recommended Posts

Screenshot_20240616_124434_Chrome.jpg.17e1379b142c3215e3bd4f17fc00fa69.jpg"Missionaries then! You're definitely a curious looking group of missionaries. For a good cause, I hope. Rumors about strange cultists out on the fringes, could use some guidance back towards the Paths, for sure."

In a sweeping offhand gesture indicating all the tents, "Most of these will be empty for who knows how long now. Take your pick, settle down, and join us for the evening. Tell us about the Paths you follow."

The miners are waiting for administrative decisions, more supplies, and more workers, and for now are just enjoying a company sponsored 'vacation' at the camp. They are happy to make sure the adventurers have all the blankets they need, and offer to share their food as well. The menu tonight is a venison stew, packed thick with veggies, freshly caught trout roasted slowly at their fire, and a mix of wild mushrooms, nuts, and not quite ripe yet berries.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kek-tok-sm
 

 

Hakaja Kek

HP: 42/42 ~ AC: 20 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +7 ~ Ref: +9 ~ Will: +8 ~ Per: +8

Sheet link

 
 
"Paths," Kek says, adding a peculiar venom to the word. He begins to speak, then thinks better of it. "I believe I shall take a short walk around the perimeter."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dr Jackal said:
"Paths," Kek says, adding a peculiar venom to the word. He begins to speak, then thinks better of it. "I believe I shall take a short walk around the perimeter."

A curious reaction. Clarification questions posed in Kek's character thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

"Not quite, missionaries! We're experts in a few fields, currently on a bit of a support mission... However, I don't mind talking about my Paths, though they do be quite obvious. I left my home in my youth, following the wanderlust of Myli the Wanderer" she says as she begins her tale omitting her study of Alila's ways as most people tend to get suspicious of the Mistress of Charms "At the heart of my search, guiding my steps is the Wisdom of Calara the Scribe for my little blue eyes ever searched for more and more answers to the why's of life. Astaris of Language and Maril of Song were the means for me to search for the answers, to express and connect with others so we may share in the pieces of the puzzle that is our lovely world. May Lucky Aliit's fortune be upon me as I walk every step, as he has looked after my kind in a world of giants" Says Maybell in delight, leaving off Vanaath of Magic as again, sometimes the common folk can feel a bit awkward among those who practice such craft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.5608fb58dc41e0a2a069cca4bb5ee382.png

Khaine - Human Monk 3


HP: 47/47 | AC: 21 | Speed: 35ft | Hero: 2/3 | Focus: 1/1 

Perception: +6 | Fort: +9 | Ref: +11 | Will: +8 

Statistics | Equipment | Abilities | Skills

Conditions :


Khaine thanked the man for his hospitality. He shrugged as Kek went for a walk

"A tent and a dinner would be very appreciated friend. Don't mind my friend there, he is a good guy but a little strange. Paths? It is not something I think of often. In my youth, I spent my time on the farm, and we asked Batsabba for a good harvest, and left out some wine for them at our harvest feasts. When I grew older, I trained under a man named Kurnous. He was a man who wanted to strenghten his body and mind through a form of martial arts. At times he would invoke the name of Jopha. I knew that name from my farming days too, and so I chose to follow Kurnous' path of self realisation. I too look to Jopha when my muscles ache after a day of training. Once I had settled on that path, travel and wandering were essential. And who but Myll could be asked to watch over the travellers and wanderers? On the outset of a journey I might ask them to watch my friends and I."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chalia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 30/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 25 (30) | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 (+10) | Will: +8

conditions: none

 

"Same here," Chalia said, "I let the disciples worry about that and just get on with my life."

 

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Screenshot_20240616_124434_Chrome.jpg.17e1379b142c3215e3bd4f17fc00fa69.jpg"Support mission?" He shrugs, but doesn't press the matter if the adventurers don't elaborate.

Hank and the others listen to the adventurers as they talk about their Paths. Hank seems to notice Kek's reaction, but doesn't seem concerned. "You sound like gentle hearted people with clear goals in life. I envy that."

The miners have a good deal of food supplies stored up, and cheerfully enough offer to share a bit the with travelers.

 


The evening grows deeper. Bellies filled with warm food and good drink laugh and sing.

Eventually the roar of thunder from the south peels slowly like a mountainous giant rousing from deep slumber. The rain begins slowly, in short bursts of light drizzle, but by an hour past midnight, a wall of heavy rain passes over the area, soaking the region for the next few hours. The mountains here, especially in the early spring, seem to draw moisture from the sea to the south, resulting in the many rivers and swamps that flow back out.


16th of Renewal, year 20


Mining Camp, somewhere east of Newvale, early morning


Thankfully the many tents were built for and set up for this kind of weather. The adventurers and miners all had a reasonably good and dry sleep.

Hank approaches the first one up that morning, with a modest rain still coming down, nursing some steaming brew from a metal cup in his hands. "I can show you where the ford is across the river. It's not that far from here actually. But you might have trouble crossing, especially with the wagon of yours. River's a bit high already with the spring melt, but last night's storm might'a made it even trickier." He shrugs as if in apology.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.a7481a41d1d5d3c341abb56a5a4796ed.jpeg

Chalia Gremaris Elven Fighter 3

HP: 30/42 | AC: 20 (21 with shield) | speed: 25 (30) | hero: 3/3

Perception: +8 | Fort: +8 | Ref: +8 (+10) | Will: +8

conditions: none

 

"Maybe we can leave the wagon here," Chalia suggested to the others, "the river will only be the first problem we will have with it. And here it's quite safe for now. If we need to move more stuff, we can still use the horses as pack horses and go on foot, or do the travois thing again. Hitch a few of those behind the horses and we can carry lots of stuff."

 

OOC

exploration activity: scouting (gives a +2 to initiative)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

[fieldset=Maybell Springfield][table=2,1] [r=1,1][img2=150]https://i.imgur.com/F9acM1T.png[/img2] [r=2,1][center][b][url=https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749][font=palatino linotype][size=4][color=Sienna]Maybell Springfield[/color][/size][/font][/url][/b] [I]Gutsy Halfling Bard 3[/I] [b]HP:[/b] 33/33 [b]AC:[/b] 19 [b]Spell Slots:[/b] 3/3 L1 2/2 L2 [b]Focus Points:[/b] 2/2 [b]Halfling Luck:[/b] 1/1 [b]Class DC:[/b] 19 [b]Status:[/b] Normal and Healthy [/center][/table] [spoiler=Statblock] [CENTER][table=3,1][r=1,1][URL="https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2839749"][size="4"][b]Maybell Springfield[/b][/size][/URL] [r=2,1] [B]Female Halfling Bard 2[/B] [r=3,1] [B]Neutral Good Entertainer[/B] [/table] [/CENTER] [table=2,1][r=1,1][B]STR:[/B] 8/-1 [B]DEX:[/B] 14/+2 [B]CON:[/B] 12/+1 [B]INT:[/B] 14/+2 [B]WIS:[/B] 12/+1 [B]CHA:[/B] 18/+4 [r=2,1][B]Saves:[/B] For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8 [B]Speed:[/B] 25 [B]AC:[/B] 19 [B]Languages:[/B] Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling [/table][/spoiler] [/fieldset]
Maybell Springfield
F9acM1T.png
Maybell Springfield
Gutsy Halfling Bard 3
HP: 33/33
AC: 19
Spell Slots: 3/3 L1 2/2 L2
Focus Points: 2/2
Halfling Luck: 1/1
Class DC: 19
Status: Normal and Healthy
 

Statblock

 

Maybell Springfield Female Halfling Bard 2 Neutral Good Entertainer
STR: 8/-1
DEX: 14/+2
CON: 12/+1
INT: 14/+2
WIS: 12/+1
CHA: 18/+4
Saves: For 6 Rex 9 Wil 8 Per 8
Speed: 25
AC: 19
Languages: Common, Elven, Dwarven, Halfling

 

"Indeed, if we have no other option... I can't quite sing the wagon across the river if the waters are too high" Says Maybell with a bit of humor, though she wonders if one day she might!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

kek-tok-sm
 

 

Hakaja Kek

HP: 42/42 ~ AC: 20 ~ Speed: 25
Fort: +7 ~ Ref: +9 ~ Will: +8 ~ Per: +8

Sheet link

 
 
"Unfortunate. They alchemy lab will have to stay as well," Kek says, then shrugs. "Easy come, easy go."
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16th of Renewal, year 20


Wilderness


The frontier is not all that far from the settled lands of the colonies. For those older than The Great Upheaval, it's strange to consider just how much of the Wild Continent, Orona, is unexplored and unsettled, and how small the little pockets of civilization really are.

map

GlassCreek.jpg.a9add431f0ea29fdba6597902d375509.jpg

Hank shows them the river crossing. It is only about a fifteen minute walk from their camp. The crossing is a particularly wide, shallow, and rocky spot just south of where two rivers join up from the swamps and marshes to the north. A lot of large stones seem to have accumulated in one spot in the river's course, damming the current up just slightly. Over the ages the river has grown wider to accommodate for being shallower in this location. It's not that deep at all, just up past the knees, but the current is still strong enough to challenge a grown human's balance. The horses are able to cross with reasonable ease with someone guiding them, but the large rocks make it quite clear why this crossing would be very challenging for a wagon. Hank assures the wagon will be covered and safe at the camp.


After crossing the river, it's a straight shot to Glass Creek north east through mostly level terrain, with foothills rising to either side of the adventurers' passage. With only intermittent rain, the grassy terrain remains firm enough for their voyage.

Story continued in: Chapter 3 - Glass Creek

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...