Community size for Pathfinder vs DnD 5th

Hello -

Please did we made a survey or had a discussion before about what is the preference of the community (active users) between Pathfinder 1e and DnD 5th?

I am asking in the context of which system I should use for the campaign to connect with the most players.

Using the game search and filter by game system I see...

Pathfinder 1e : 4 pages of results
DnD 5th: 6 pages of results

They seem both popular.

Thanks,

Edited by Nebula (see edit history)

If you want to connect with more players, networking in the community helps a lot too. I've recruited some of my favorite players just on recommendations from other players. If you start a game and get one or two players that you're really vibing with, ask them if they can recommend anyone else to join. A lot of the time people who would be genuinely interested in your game and would be a good fit just don't check the game ads that often.

On 5/14/2024 at 10:28 AM, Suzuki Stumpy said:

... whichever you choose, you'll likely get far more applications than you need.

Right - usually, getting the most applications is not really important. You probably can't "connect with" more than a certain number of players anyway, at least not meaningfully. Pretty much any edition of D&D or d20 system will probably have plenty of people interested in it.