Jump to content

Stormy Weather


Eric

Recommended Posts

Sidrag Luckbeard

Class: Dwarf, Level: 3 Exp: 8,000/8,800

HP: 16/16 AC: 2 (Plate mail, shield)

STR 15 DEX 10 CON 14 INT 8 WIS 11 CHA 14

THAC0 18 Sword Dmg 1d8+1

craiyon_204447_young_ruggedly_handsome_male_dwarf_bearded_bard_holding_lute_fantasy_in_forest_oil_paCropped.png.8b65240d7ab06d06c041330ef1d1687b.png

 

Sidrag nods to Dalynn agreeing with his plan and hoists his shield up to form a wall alongside his companions. He carefully readies his sword and prepares for action as he eyes the ungodly zombies shambling towards them.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ognena2.jpg.89728fa887a051651558d06bebe890a5.jpg

Ognena
Chaotic Human Magic-User 3
HP: 6 AC: 9 Spells available: Light*, Light*, Phantasmal Force

 

Ognena holds Spark's head down while stroking it gently. With her other hand, she draws a knife from her waist, but stands in the rear echelon. "Fight bravely, fortune favors you this day," she prophecies for the first rank of defenders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Laurana Everhart

Human, Thief 4output-onlinepngtools(1).png.442cf3d1fa73d31fe789ba13bf7853c3.png
Sheet link
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png


AC: 4 | HP: 7/7 | Missile Attack Bonus: +3 | Melee Attack Bonus: +0 | Reaction Bonus: +2 | Initiative bonus: +2
Death: 13, Magic Wands: 14, Paralysis: 13, Dragon breath: 16, Rod Staff or spell: 15
Sword Dmg: 1d8 | Spear +1 Dmg: 1d6+1 | Short bow Dmg: 1d6 | Thac0: 19

Feeling safe behind a stack of stones or similar cover, Laurana shoots as many arrows as she can at the zombies to contribute. Her skills and eagle eye would normally be on full display, but the sun blinded her during her first arrows. " Ahhh... damn it, why it's suddently so bright! "

 

Name
Attack
7; 9; 21
1d20+3;1d20+3;1d20+3 [4]; [4,6]; [4,6,18]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cragtoken.webp.9b3f6a3f765bb254b865964cd6f4e9b1.webp

Crag Haematite

HP: 9/9

 

Crag and Kadrum take shots at the zombies as Brother Craig holds his holy symbol and turns undead.

Name
Crag crossbow and damage
19; 7
1d20+1;1d8 [18]; [18,7]
Brother Craig turn undead
7; 6
2d6;2d6 [3,4]; [3,4,1,5]
Kadram crossbow and damage
8; 2
1d20;1d6 [8]; [8,2]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4e5ad69802d9a1c9f5cf7473b60a8aa2.jpg

Gannon upon seeing the undead approaches raising a symbol before her and in a loud voice commands them "Yield to me! Cease Fighting and Gather Before me!"

 

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)
Name
# of HD controlled
11
2d6 5,6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bori Skinbeater

Dwarf 3, Lawful (Sheet link)dorfdrum2.png.df7aad52fefe032772e183169503c74c.png
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png


AC: 2 | HP: 20/20 | Missile Attack Bonus: +0 | Melee Attack Bonus: +1 | Reaction Bonus: +1 | Initiative bonus: +0
Death: 8, Magic Wands: 9, Paralysis: 10, Dragon breath: 13, Rod Staff or spell: 12
Axe Dmg: 1d6+1 | Crossbow Dmg: 1d6+0 | Thac0: 19


Idros, Cleric 3, Lawful (Sheet link)

AC: 2 | HP: 12/12 | Missile Attack Bonus: +0 | Melee Attack Bonus: +1 | Reaction Bonus: +0 | Initiative bonus: +0
Death: 11, Magic Wands: 12, Paralysis: 14, Dragon breath: 16, Rod Staff or spell: 14
Mace Dmg: 1d6+1 | Sling Dmg: 1d4 | Thac0: 19
Prepared Spells: Cure Light Wounds, Purify Food/Water

 

Bori closes ranks with Beaumont and bangs on his shield, drawing the attention of the nearest zombies to them and away from the squishier parts of the party, while Idros steps to the side and looses a stone at the nearest walking corpse.

Name
Bori attack/damage
21; 2
1d20+1;1d6+1 [20]; [20,1]
Idros attack/damage
13; 2
1d20;1d4 [13]; [13,2]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Crag's skillfully aimed crossbow bolt catches one of the zombies squarely between the eyes. Idros follows this with a sling stone, cracking its shoulder sharply, and Dalynn's arrow embeds itself deeply; still, the animated corpse keeps shambling forward, immune to pain, fear, or doubt.

As Gannon steps forward and sonorously demands obeisance, most of the zombies--save one, be it furthest away or simply the most obstinate--turn and face her. Gathering in a huddled mass, they make indistinct moaning noises and wave their rotting appendages in her general direction.

Unfortunately, the one resistant wretch happens not to be the one targeted by the missile attacks. Undeterred, it closes range on Beaumont and Sidrig.

⚔️ COMBAT! - round 2

Situation

Five of the zombies are now under Gannon's control. The sixth zombie is close enough that the front line can engage in melee this round, and missile fire will be adjudicated beforehand.

 

Name
Zombie 1 HP
16
2d8 8,8
Unaffected zombie
6
1d6 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

4e5ad69802d9a1c9f5cf7473b60a8aa2.jpg

Gannon see's the lone Zombie resist , and with emphasis she says " You shall not resist! Defiant one!""

with her symbol still raise outstretched in its direction.

 

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)
Name
# of HD controlled
10
2d6 4,6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The last of the shambling corpses falls under Gannon's imperious command, and the group grovels grotesquely at a respectful distance. The unorthodox capability has managed to save the company a bit of a fight, and the way to the river is now clear.

🏆 VICTORY!

Spoils

The zombies don't have anything of value on them. They're also only worth 20xp each, but every little bit counts! A full share of experience is 12xp; a half-share is 6xp.

Everyone also gets 20xp for the hex successfully explored.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dalynn Jorildyn

Dalynn.png.283a38010ccd8b68293e4b8e4f894695.pngClass: Elf, Level: 3

Experience: 8,000, XP needed: 16,000

HP: 10

AC: 0 (Plate Armor, Shield and Dex)

STATS: Str: 13, Int: 16, Wis: 14, Dex: 16, Con: 13, Cha: 14

Spells Memorized: Magic Missile, Sleep, Web

 

Dalynn relaxes as he sees that all the zombies are under Gannon's control.

Nicely done. How long can you control them? Personally I abhor being anywhere near undead, but if you can use then as fodder for whatever surprises us next then they could be useful. If you can't control them for long, then we should probably take this opportunity to destroy them all.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Laurana Everhart

Human, Thief 4output-onlinepngtools(1).png.442cf3d1fa73d31fe789ba13bf7853c3.png
Sheet link
image.png.30b924e658ca3da1577a1e996d5a58f6.png


AC: 4 | HP: 7/7 | Missile Attack Bonus: +3 | Melee Attack Bonus: +0 | Reaction Bonus: +2 | Initiative bonus: +2
Death: 13, Magic Wands: 14, Paralysis: 13, Dragon breath: 16, Rod Staff or spell: 15
Sword Dmg: 1d8 | Spear +1 Dmg: 1d6+1 | Short bow Dmg: 1d6 | Thac0: 19

Not entirely reassured that the undead had ceased their attack, Laurana discreetly approaches Ognena and whispers, "I didn't sign up to follow an evil priestess who is into necromancy. What was that?!" She keeps her distance from the undead, turning green and frowning at the stench of rotting flesh.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.da95ecaacc8efa53f3ba22e12470d5ed.png

Gannon tilts her head slowly to the side,in the general direction of Dalynn,her eyes concealed still under her shrouded hood.

Not used to the art of being social,and conversation, she merely replies.

"Our Guests will remain as long as the Lady wills it to be so!"

 

Edited by cheezal (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

ognena2.jpg.89728fa887a051651558d06bebe890a5.jpg

Ognena
Chaotic Human Magic-User 3
HP: 6 AC: 9 Spells available: Light*, Light*, Phantasmal Force

 

Ognena pats Laurana's back comfortingly as she hands the reins back to the younger woman. "Quietly... consorting with zhe darkness is perilous, but it can offer command of great and fearsome power." The spellcaster pulls clove of garlic from her belt pouch, splits it in half with the dagger still in her hand, and hands half of it to Laurana. "Protection from zhe undead. Keep it close."

Turning to the larger group, Ognena sums up their options. "Searching up toward the source of zhe stream will likely prove informative. But some darkness has awakened these corpses, and it may be perilous to leave it behind us, challenged but undefeated. Do we risk it? Or do we search here, trying to unravel this mystery? Or head back to the camp with zhe fresh water we can now gather? Do you wish me to read zhe cards to help decide?"

Edited by Chardastes (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beaumont
spacer.png
Male, Human
Class: Cleric | Level: 4
Str: 14 | Dex: 10 | Con: 14 | Int: 9 | Wis: 16 | Cha: 16
HP: 21/21 | AC: 2 | Speed: 60/20
DR/P: 11 | MW: 12 | P/TtS: 14 | DB: 16 | R/S/S: 15
 

Weapons

Mace +2: +3 (1d6+3)
Sword (Normal): +1 (1d8+1)
Dagger (Silver): +1 (1d4+1)
 
Condition(s): None

 

Post

"I despise undead above all else. It is better to be done with them now. I will have no part of this!" Beaumont said as he tightened his grip on mace and shield and moved to finish off the zombies.

 

OOC & Mechanics

....

 

Prepared Spells

Spells Prepared
1st Level 2nd Level 3rd Level 4th Level
Detect Evil Bless X X
Protection from Evil X X X

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...