I'm sure I mentioned it somewhere, but I can't seem to find it right now.

Borrowing the universe-numbering quirk from the Arrowverse TV shows, I've dubbed the Earth of the main Power Rangers universe as Earth-93.

Our game is set on Earth-205, which split off from Earth-93 just after Dino Thunder, and has, per the blurb, been peaceful* ever since - the triggering events for Mystic Force, Operation Overdrive, and Jungle Fury didn't happen in this version of reality, SPD and other series may or may not happen in our future, and the Venjix Virus is about to escape over on Earth-209, kicking off the 2-3 year countdown to RPM.

* by "peaceful" I mean nothing has required Power Ranger intervention in that time.

Comic-exclusive events and explanations for things may or may not be canon to this universe, but I'll address those as and when they crop up.

Queen Demona's Dark Palace Ship will arrive over California (and thus episode 1 starts) in the pre-dawn hours of the 1st of September 2009 , which is the last week of the Summer Holidays - apparently the new School Year started on the 8th that year.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So apparently no-one has any opinion on a preferred mix of Combat, Exploration, and Social Interaction for our shared stories?

No-one has anything they don't want me to throw into the mix?

Edit - I'm not trying to be snippy for the sake of snippiness, I'm trying to prompt discussion

Edited by Pink Jedi Ranger (see edit history)

I suspect some people haven't weighed in because they're still finishing up their characters.

For lines and veils, I know I've been operating under the assumption the game is going to play with a similar rating to the show - generally a PG rating, maybe PG-13 at times for an "edgy" episode. There's not a whole lot of things that will cross a line for me at that rating. I guess if I had to request anything, it's that animals have plot armor so they're never permanently hurt and children get rescued at the end of the day - which is pretty much Power Rangers fare.

I do have a solid rule about no PvP, with an exception carved out for mind control, but given that it's Power Rangers (the teamwork is kind of an important part of the genre), I didn't think specifying it was necessary.

Of course, if I'm wrong about my assumption regarding the rating of the game, I'll need to switch that up.

As for a mix of Combat/Exploration/Social Interaction, I think I'd prefer an overall balanced approach, with a slight edge towards combat/social interaction. Largely because "Exploration" can be somewhat nebulous, and some players may feel less able to participate depending on how they organized their skills, particularly since you suffer Snag on checks you aren't trained in. On the other hand, we'll all have options for participating in Combat (we are Power Rangers, after all), and RP between players doesn't require rolling dice. I think Social Interaction with NPCs is an important part of the Out of Costume part of the game, as well.

A fair point. And thank you.

Mythweavers' rules pretty much mean I couldn't go past PG-13 if I wanted to 😉 except for maybe a bit more cursing than the show, and given that most of you are making characters that are underage here in the UK, not just in the US, that takes any sexual stuff even further off the table than it was already, so PG-13 is a pretty safe bet.

I have no plans to target children or animals for permanent harm. I'm not Bandora. 😉

As you say, Power Rangers pretty much already precludes PVP unless there's mind control involved.

"Exploration" or other times the environment was the primary threat of the scene was pretty rare in the show anyway, so I imagine I'd be putting the greater emphasis on Combat & Social anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

How do you guys feel about Monday the 8th July as our rl start date?

Not sure how many of you are over in the US, but I can't imagine we'd get anything done if I tried to take time out of your weekend for celebrating the Revolution 😜 , and starting before that means a big risk that said weekend eats all our momentum.