Jump to content

Main Game Thread


Recommended Posts

The main hall at the Adventures Guild in Seldor City is a large open space with several lanterns hanging from its walls providing light. In addition a couple of tables and chairs are located to the rear. At the front of the 30' by 30' room is a stage upon which four figures stand looking at the group as they assemble. In the centre of the room is a circular set of stones for the teleportation ring that will be used to transport the adventuring group to the starting location in The Temple of Xard.

When feeling he has the attention of the gathering group Ronin Farstrider (3) steps forward on the stage and begins to speak. " Thank you for your interest in taking on the quests set for the Temple of Xard, I will now give you the details of the dungeon run. Be aware that the temple is full of undead and the hordes of chaos and will be a test of all the skills you have at your disposal. " Shifting in his chainmail armour the aged fighter rest one hand on his ornate longsword before continuing. " The main objective of your adventures will be to locate and destroy the threat of the Lich Xard and his minions, freeing the temple of this ongoing threat. In addition we ask that you retrieve the orb that Xard has in his possession and return it to the guild. This will stop anyone else forming the armies of undead and attacking the lands outside of the temple. " Standing back the aged fighter motioned for Lenord Brightstar (2) to address the gathered group.

Smoothing down the folds in his robe Lenord addressed the party from his position on the stage. " On the tables behind you will find several potions which will aid you in your quest and a summoning stone that can be used to return you to this location. In addition to this the summoning stone enables your group or part of to teleport back to the location in which it is left. The potions are a Major Healing Potion each and a single potion of Magebane. I advise you to save the Magebane until you are face to face with Xard or one of his spellcasting minions, but this of course is up to you. "

Noting that Lenord had finished speaking, Ronin once more steps forward and addresses the party. " Have you any questions about the tasks ahead of you? We will do our best to answer any that you have... "

As the experienced warrior speaks the two guards (1,4) step down from the stage and make their way to the tables at the rear of the room. Taking up the objects found there they hand them out to the group. (A Major Healing Potion each, the potion of Magebane and the Summoning.)

spacer.png

Edited by Shub-Niggurath (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Brother Rondell Cleric of Morhelin
 


HP: 12/12 || FP: 14/14 || Move 7, 6 with armor/weapons, 5 with backpack || Dodge - 9 || Parry - 9

Conditions/Effects: Haste 1 (maintained at no cost)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The dusty cleric stood before the two men who were speaking from the stage. He listened closely to their briefing, not only for information but to the tones in their voices that might betray any misgivings that that may have about the task ahead.

"Good sir, I have a number of questions but they will depend on the answers to these two first. Are there any other groups who have attempted to perform this undertaking now or in the past? Are we the first?", he asked.

Dice Rolls

Per - 15 roll

 

Edited by Caffeine11 (see edit history)
Name
Roll
SyntaxError: Unexpected token (
3d6 (per)
Perception - 15
13
3d6 5,4,4
Per - 15 roll
15
3d6 6,5,4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lockheed received his healing potion as politely as he could manage. He took the Magebane potion and the summoning stone to examine them, to take a closer look. After a quick glance at the party, and a quick smile at the guard, he pocketed both-- for safe keeping. Not exactly trying to hide his actions.

"Good questions, Brother Rondell. I wondered the same thing" he said with a concentrating-looking frown.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amaranth, a well-dressed nymph, is all manners and grace as she accepts the potion, flourishing and doing a polite, if exaggerated curtsey. "An excellent question, if I do say so myself. However, there is another just as pertinent issue in the matter of the price you would pay for this unholy orb. A heroic quest deserves a heroic reward after all," she finishes with a winning smile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With a disgruntled look on his face, Groan looks from one to the other of the fools on the stage who think standing a bit above others makes them more important. He pockets the potion without really looking at the lackey handing them out, and waits for the fools to answer the questions already put to them before giving them a piece of his mind.

His hands are tucked in his belt rather than crossed mainly because there is a leather thong tied from his right wrist to the enormous axe resting on the floor and leaning against his right side. A large sack sits on the ground to his left. A couple of smaller weapons are tucked into his belt. But what strikes you most is the new, uniform suit of armor covering him from head to foot. Is he a novice with all new toys? Or an experienced adventurer who just came into money and bought better armor? Amaranth knows it's the latter, but the others don't know him as well, and may be less sure.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ursella the Wizard

"Have you any word on the dangers in this Temple? Such as... monsters, or the spells used by Lich Xard's minions? The more we know, the better we can help you." Ursella shifts in her place, and rests on her staff. She does not seem some frail wizard, but rather to be made from the same cloth as every other adventuring mage. Her speech, however, is accented. Drawling.

Ursella Farspell

UrsellaFarspelltheSeeress-Token.png.d4e9e872dcbc4f1080dfa0b2382e640b.png

Human Wizard

Myth-Weavers Character Sheet

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OrcWarrior.jpg.6cbf4bc05cd466e4f70119cea7ef1b15.jpgNecromyncer, Half-Orc Holy Warrior

Pending statblock here


 

Necro simply shrugs as the opportunity to ask questions is given. Undead killing is what he is here for, the rest of it doesn't matter too much. He smiles at Groan, who seems to have a similar outlook, and takes his offered healing potion just in case.

He'll let the magic men deal with the magic stuff. He just wants to smite things.

"Oh, um, yeah. Those are good questions," he grunts out. Even his voice grates on the nerves, somehow sounding like he has a mouthful of nails and marbles, all at once. Probably because of the tusks. "How far out is this temple, anyway? And how deep? I assume this temple is not all above-ground."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ronin Farstrider (3) listens carefully to the questions from the group, running one hand through his long brown hair as he did. When they had finished speaking he paused briefly before replying. " You are the first group to enter the temple and we hold great hope that you will be successful. The price we will pay you for your effort in returning the orb safely into our keeping is $3000 each and you can keep any other treasures or money that you find. All we know of the Lich Xard is that he is creating an army of undead and is looking to raid the lands outside the temple. The temple is located around 50 miles from here and has significant underground dungeons and alike. " Having answered the groups questions the experience warrior once more indicated to Lenord Brightstar (2) to step forward.

Waiting for Ronin top step back, Lenord then stood to the front of the stage. Looking directly at Lockheed he smiled as he spoke. " To use the Summoning Stone place it on the ground and speak the word open, it will then create an area similar in size to the stones you see laid out before you. When all who want to be teleported back to this location are present in the circle speak the word home and you shall be teleported back. " Stepping back the aged robed figure let Ronin take the centre of the stage again.

Stepping forward once more the chainmail cladded figure spoke again. "Have you any further question which you would like to ask?"

 

 

Edited by Shub-Niggurath (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngGroan  Dwarf Barbarian


HP: 22/22 || FP: 17/17 || DX: 13 || Move: 5 (current), 4 with sack || Dodge: 10- || Parry: 14-


Groan frowns at the reward, but leaves the lass to negotiate that. She's talked him out of enough money before.

"Anything we find, eh?" he adds. "So we clean the place out, and you give us deed to the land."


OOC:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rondell thought for a moment. "While I believe that the answer will likely be a no, is there a possibility that someone in town might have spent time at the temple before the lich moved in? An elder here in town, perhaps? To whom was the temple originally dedicated? It would be nice to learn anything we can of the place before we get there. Also, is there a limit to how many times can the Summoning Stone be used?", he asked. While waiting for an answer he tried to think of anyone who might have some knowledge of the temple.

 

 

Edited by Caffeine11 (see edit history)
Name
Area Knowledge (Regional) - 16
8
3d6 4,3,1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lockheed Dobbins Halfling Thief

 

HP: 10/10 || FP: 12/12 || DX: 17 || Move: 4 (current), 3 with backpack || Dodge: 9- || Parry: 10-


Lockheed smiled at Lenord and when the explanations was finished, he quietly took the the Summoning Stone out again and gently turned it around in his hands. "I can't wait!" He quietly said to himself.


OOC:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

spacer.pngGroan  Dwarf Barbarian


HP: 22/22 || FP: 17/17 || DX: 13 || Move: 5 (current), 4 with sack || Dodge: 10- || Parry: 14-


Groan turns to the priest. "I thought the plan was we was going straight away. I brought all my gear with me. How much time do ya wanna spend asking around town first? Are the rest of ya ready to go?"

He doesn't sound overly negative, just normal dwarf-level negativity. Not even any cussing or loud yelling.


OOC:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amaranth glances to Groan as he frowns at the offered price and drops him a subtle nod. Turning back to the speakers, she is all smiles and charm once again. "While that's certainly an... interesting initial offer, defeating a lich and their minions is no small task. Consider how much harder we would swing our weapons, how much more boldly we would press into the temple, how much louder our voices would be if the deal was just a little sweeter. Now I'm not asking for much, just perhaps... $5500 a piece for a magical orb? Consider it."

Name
Diplomacy 14
17
3d6 6,6,5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brother Rondell Cleric of Morhelin
 


HP: 12/12 || FP: 14/14 || Move 7, 6 with armor/weapons, 5 with backpack || Dodge - 9 || Parry - 9

Conditions/Effects: Haste 1 (maintained at no cost)

--------------------------------------------------------------

"Patience, my friend. The more information we have of our foes, the easier it will be to defeat them. Not to mention that we might bleed less.", Rondell said to the dwarf in a low voice.

 

 

 

Edited by Caffeine11 (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...