Looking for something

Looking for something, but I have no idea where to start. When I was a little more active on here, I remember that there was a website that GM's would use for their maps, where every time you moved your token or added something to the map, it would create a url to the new version of the map.

That kind of thing would be really useful to have right now, but I can't remember where to find it or what it was called, and all of my old games have been deleted so I can't exactly go back and check. Any details would be most very helpful, and most appreciated.

2 hours ago, Jak8714 said:

Looking for something, but I have no idea where to start. When I was a little more active on here, I remember that there was a website that GM's would use for their maps, where every time you moved your token or added something to the map, it would create a url to the new version of the map.

That kind of thing would be really useful to have right now, but I can't remember where to find it or what it was called, and all of my old games have been deleted so I can't exactly go back and check. Any details would be most very helpful, and most appreciated.

You may be referencing Ditzie, an old website that could be used in the way you described for moving tokens around a map. If so, I unfortunately have bad news: it's been discontinued several years ago.

There are some modern alternatives, such as Owlbear Rodeo. I have only used that one a tiny bit so I can't comment much on it, except to say that when I did (1-2 years ago) it had a problem when the GM logged out from the service. They may have fixed this now, I don't know...

When Ditzie shut down, a lot of us moved to Roll20. I've looked at some of the others, and Tableplop has some features which I like, including the ability to share tokens you create with others. Not as freely as Ditzie allowed, but I do not think other sites allow it at all.

That minor ability aside, I find Roll20 a lot easier to use and has a lot more functions. But are they functions you would use? It really is a matter of checking them out and finding which you are comfortable with. Most have some level of free access for that purpose.

Myself and a few others on this site, have an interesting way to do maps using Google Slides. It's not as fancy as Tabletop simulators and you have to generate everything yourself or use a map generator to get the map image you want, but it gets the job done.

Haven't used Owlbear Rodeo myself but I've seen it used.