Jump to content

Closed Game  ·  6 members

Hollow's Last Hope

Part 1 - The Search for a Cure


Recommended Posts

 

 

image.jpeg.ee455f4cccbfc0425229b5aa298f767f.jpeg

Statblock

Lummobella Ironback
Female Chaotic Good Bard (Dwarven Scholar)

Level 1, Init 1, HP 12/12, Speed 30'
AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, CMD 12, Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +1, BAB 0   
Silversheen MC Dwarven Dorn-dergar  +2 (1d10+1, x2) Reach Weapon (variable), Bludgeon
Shortbow +1 (1d6 x3), 60' (Pierce)
Whip +1 (1d3+1, x2) 30' range (Slash), disarm, nonlethal, reach (15'), trip
Studded leather (+3 Armor, +5 max Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 12
Condition Darkvision 60' 
 

"Here is the kobold," she called out to the others as she shot out with her weapon to try and hit him, but she didn't feel her weapon connect. Then the wolf also needed attention so after a step back she used her special weapon to try and take it down.

 

OOC

Attack of Opportunity on the kobold

5ft step back

hit wolf 1

Edited by farothel (see edit history)
Name
Attack of Opprtunity on kobold
7
1d20+2 5
AoO damage
9
1d10+1 8
miss chance
47
1d100 47
attack wolf 1
13
1d20+2 11
damage wolf 1
5
1d10+1 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png Flint

Flint laughs at the wolf jerky comment. "We should've borrowed a wagon and a mule team . " he replies as he stabs by misses the nearest wolf .

Actions

 

Stat Block

Skills: Perc+9

S12 D12 C12 I12 W14 CHA 18     HP 9   AC17  Fort3 Ref 2 WillMovement  30'  (20' armor +10 domain)

starknife   +4 attack  1d4+4 dmg  x3 crit  20' range   

Sling  (stones)  +0 attack  1d3+1 dmg  x2  50' range

Channel  6/7 per day    DC14           

Bit of Luck  5/5/day

Feat: Selective channel

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Name
atk  dmg vs wolf4
8; 8
1d20+4;1d4+4 [4]; [4,4]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.ddf9e9fd47ca75ba6d0ed7a28ef80e81.pngRawanne, level 1 half orc sorcerer Serpentine Bloodline
HP: 3/6, AC: 11, tAC: 11, ffAC: 10, CMD: 10, Init +6, Perception +0


"Damien, please kill the wolf. It's very close and angry looking," Rawanne's voice shakes as she once again tries to bite the animal.

 


Actions

Free action: Grow Serpent's Fang

Standard action: Bite On a hit; save Fort DC 11; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1 Con damage; cure 1 save)

Move action: 

Full round action: 


Show Spells

~Cantrips~

Acid Splash

Daze

Mage Hand

Message

 

~First Level~ 1 of 4

Burning Hands

Charm Person

Watch Order

Watch Times Character Nightvision Perception
1st 8pm-Midnight Valeria No +2
2nd 10pm-2am Rawanne Darkvision +0
3rd Midnight-4am Bella Darkvision +7
4th 2am-6am Flint Darkvision +9
5th 4am-8am Damian No +0

 

Edited by hoverfrog (see edit history)
Name
Serpent's Fang
11; 3
1d20-1; 1d4-1 [12]; [12,4]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damian Khinlem

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/1a/6e/5b1a6ea6cf605e4663275c26524f0ebe.jpg Damian didn't let his mind focus on the fact he missed his strike. His focus was on surviving and ensuring his companions did as well. Feeling the presence of the kobold and the warning from Bella he let his sword lash out, the blade spinning back around as he turned it once more back towards the wolf in front of them all. Despite the lack of a shield wall he still positioned his shield to help shield Rawanne once more.

Statblock

Damian Khinlem
M Neutral Good Human Tower Shield Specialist/Fighter, Level 1, Init 2, HP 14/14, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 19, CMD 15, Fort 5, Ref 2, Will 0, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus +1   
  Longsword  +3 (1d8+2, 19-20/2)
  Scale mail,   Tower shield (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition: None

Actions

Attacking the Wolf.

Using first AoO on the kobold.
Then using my Immediate action and using my second AoO to help prevent Rawanna from taking another hit.
+4 to ac to Rawanna for the first attack on her.

OoC: Was more to guard her in the round that she healed, which she didn't need as Bella was attacked instead.

Edited by Kunakic (see edit history)
Name
AoO on Kobold
10
1d20+1 9
Concealment Miss Chance
4
1d100 4
Attack on Wolf
20
1d20+1 19
Damage on Wolf
9
1d8+2 7
AoO for Saving Shield
19
1d20+1 18
Crit Confirmation
12
1d20+1 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Rolls and Stuff


Name
Wolf vs. V (att, dam, trip)
14; 3; 17
1d20+2; 1d6+1; 1d20+2 [12]; [12,2]; [12,2,15]
Wolf vs. B (flank, att, dam, trip)
12; 4; 14
1d20+4; 1d6+1; 1d20+4 [8]; [8,3]; [8,3,10]
Kobold vs. B (flank, invis, attack)
18
1d20+7 11
Kobold vs. B (Sneak Attack damage)
8
1d6+1d4 4,4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Search for a Cure - Post 26


Valeria once again demonstrates that she is a dangerous woman when cornered by searing the hide of the attacking wolf, and is rewarded for her efforts by the animal's pain-filled yelp, and the rancid stench of burned, fur and sizzling flesh. Flint, on the other hand, continues to have difficulty fighting in these cramped quarters, and attacking through a doorway; the wolf easily dodges his attack.

Sensing the invisible kobold's passage, Bella and Damian both swing at where they think the kobold is lurking in the shadows. In rapid succession, Bella swings wildly to her left and her right at the wolf and where she thinks the kobold is lurking and missing both, while Rawanne's and Damian's respective targets -- the wolf and the kobold -- also prove elusive. It's only when Damian focuses on the wolf that his weapon finds purchase. Years of training come to the fore as the retired soldier's weapon strikes true.

Damian's blow, while devastating, is not enough to take out the wolf. The slavering beast, following Bella as she retreats down the corridor, lunges at her as she steps away. A split second too late, she realizes that she's inadvertently sandwiched herself between the beast and its kobold master. She hears the little lizardman bark out an order to the wolf before feeling them make a coordinated series of strikes against her. The wolf's fangs are not strong enough to pierce, but she can feel his powerful bite through her armor as he tries and fails to topple her down to the ground. The kobold seizes upon this momentary distraction, thrusting his shortsword with a high-pitched warcry, cutting deep into her armor and flesh.

Similarly, the wolf attacking Valeria attempts to bite and pull her out the door and down onto the ground. Like Bella, the wolf isn't able to connect with Valeria through the doorway, leaving her unscathed for the moment.


ENEMIES

Kobold: unharmed (previous)

Wolf 1: 13 = unharmed (previous) + 11 (Bella) +2 (Rawanne)

Wolf 2: 11 = 2 (previous) + 9 (Damian)

Wolf 3: 6 = 6 (previous) + 8 (Valeria)

Wolf 4: 7 = unharmed (previous) + 7 (Valeria)


CHARACTERS

Bella has taken 8 damage

 

 

 

Show Map

image.png.5795453989529a8a3f1c57a2c1060d9e.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AL9nZEWf5tbu1PGKWM66wSm-3n9j80yk3r99TpgE7Md9sL4dUaUgR6DmAgQ5-xaOoBGDlpccJow5sbqH3ehbcOTCCyCRYpi5fQ_YpRutmm0p7IyenH_SXlM9__WCQGHJZtGvQrzTu61-bII2povl0V5HNPH-=s256-no?authuser=0 Valeria Claudianus

spacer.png

Carrying through with her recent successes, Val tries once again with her torch with another attempt to either drive the animal way or tenderize it with heat and bludgeoning power.


spacer.png Statistics Block

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2736624][color="DarkOrange"]Valeria Claudianus[/color][/url][/b] [i]Human Fighter [Free Hand Fighter] 1 CG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +1; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +2 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (Armour +4, Dex +1) [b]HP[/b] 9 / 13 [b]Fort[/b] +4, [b]Ref[/b] +1, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Short sword +5 (1d6+4; 19-20/×2) Iron Skillet +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Skewer +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Cutting Knife +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Torch +7 (1d4+4 plus 1 fire; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Skewer +5 (1d6+4; ×2) Cutting Knife +5 (1d6+4; ×2) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 18, [b]Dex[/b] 12, [b]Con[/b] 15, [b]Int[/b] 13, [b]Wis[/b] 12, [b]Cha[/b] 7 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +5; [b]CMD[/b] 16 [b]Traits[/b] Rough and ready, Surprise weapon, World traveler [b]Feats[/b] Combat expertise, Catch off-guard, Shikigami style [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Alchemy) +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (Local) +6, Perception +2, Profession (Cook) +5, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Draconic [b]SQ[/b] None [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] None
Valeria Claudianus
Human Fighter [Free Hand Fighter] 1 CG
Init +1; Senses Perception +2
Defense
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (Armour +4, Dex +1)
HP 9 / 13
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Short sword +5 (1d6+4; 19-20/×2)
Iron Skillet +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Skewer +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Cutting Knife +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Torch +7 (1d4+4 plus 1 fire; ×2)
Ranged Skewer +5 (1d6+4; ×2)
Cutting Knife +5 (1d6+4; ×2)
Special Attacks None
Statistics
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 7
BAB +1; CMB +5; CMD 16
Traits Rough and ready, Surprise weapon, World traveler
Feats Combat expertise, Catch off-guard, Shikigami style
Skills Craft (Alchemy) +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (Local) +6, Perception +2, Profession (Cook) +5, Survival +5
Languages Common, Draconic
SQ None
Conditions None

 

spacer.png Actions

Melee attack against Wolf 4:

  • Surprise Weapon (+2 Atk with Improvised Weapon)
  • Catch Off-Guard (No penalty from Improvised Weapons, Unarmed opponents considered Flat-Footed)
  • Shikigami Style (Improvised Weapons deal damage 1 size category larger → 1d4+4 plus 1 fire)

 

Name
Torch (Melee Attack)
16; 8
1d20+7;1d4+4+1 [9]; [9,3]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damian Khinlem

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5b/1a/6e/5b1a6ea6cf605e4663275c26524f0ebe.jpg Damian is a little surprised at how sturdy the wolf seemed to be. Though he didn't let it cause his blade to falter as he spun the blade back around to strike at the beast once more. Hoping to bring it down before it can harm Bella even more. Upon taking note of the kobold reappearing from hiding and surrounding Bella caused him to move his shield to try to aid her in throwing off any attacks directed her way.

Statblock

Damian Khinlem
M Neutral Good Human Tower Shield Specialist/Fighter, Level 1, Init 2, HP 14/14, Speed 20
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 19, CMD 15, Fort 5, Ref 2, Will 0, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus +1   
  Longsword  +3 (1d8+2, 19-20/2)
  Scale mail,   Tower shield (+5 Armor, +4 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 10
Condition: None

Actions

Attacking the Wolf.


Then using my Immediate action should the Kobold attack Bella and using my AoO to try help Bella on an attack from the Wolf.
+2 Ac for an attack from the Kobold against Bella.

+2 Ac for an attack from the wolf against Bella.

Edited by Kunakic (see edit history)
Name
Wolf Attack
4
1d20+1 3
Damage
5
1d8+2 3
AoO Aid Another
17
1d20+1 16
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.ddf9e9fd47ca75ba6d0ed7a28ef80e81.pngRawanne, level 1 half orc sorcerer Serpentine Bloodline
HP: 3/6, AC: 11, tAC: 11, ffAC: 10, CMD: 10, Init +6, Perception +0


"Maybe I can get it," Rawanne tries to bite again, leaving tge way clear in case the wolf wants to run.

 


Actions

Free action: Grow Serpent's Fang

Standard action: Bite On a hit; save Fort DC 11; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1 Con damage; cure 1 save)

Move action: 

Full round action: 


Show Spells

~Cantrips~

Acid Splash

Daze

Mage Hand

Message

 

~First Level~ 1 of 4

Burning Hands

Charm Person

Watch Order

Watch Times Character Nightvision Perception
1st 8pm-Midnight Valeria No +2
2nd 10pm-2am Rawanne Darkvision +0
3rd Midnight-4am Bella Darkvision +7
4th 2am-6am Flint Darkvision +9
5th 4am-8am Damian No +0

 

Name
Serpent's Fang
17; 1
1d20-1; 1d4-1 [18]; [18,2]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.9b371f6df480f0e576bbea30e8374e9a.jpeg Flint

Bella is out of sight, this fight needs to end. Flint thinks as he at the nearest wolf

Actions

 

Stat Block

Skills: Perc+9

S12 D12 C12 I12 W14 CHA 18     HP 9   AC17  Fort3 Ref 2 WillMovement  30'  (20' armor +10 domain)

starknife   +4 attack  1d4+4 dmg  x3 crit  20' range   

Sling  (stones)  +0 attack  1d3+1 dmg  x2  50' range

Channel  6/7 per day    DC14           

Bit of Luck  5/5/day

Feat: Selective channel

Name
atk dmg
13; 5
1d20+4;1d4+4 [9]; [9,1]
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

image.jpeg.ee455f4cccbfc0425229b5aa298f767f.jpeg

Statblock

Lummobella Ironback
Female Chaotic Good Bard (Dwarven Scholar)

Level 1, Init 1, HP 12/12, Speed 30'
AC 14, Touch 11, Flat-footed 13, CMD 12, Fort 4, Ref 4, Will 5, CMB +1, BAB 0   
Silversheen MC Dwarven Dorn-dergar  +2 (1d10+1, x2) Reach Weapon (variable), Bludgeon
Shortbow +1 (1d6 x3), 60' (Pierce)
Whip +1 (1d3+1, x2) 30' range (Slash), disarm, nonlethal, reach (15'), trip
Studded leather (+3 Armor, +5 max Dex)
Abilities Str 13, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 16, Cha 12
Condition Darkvision 60' 
 

With the wolf still behind her, she decided to attack that one in the hope it would die and she could get out.

 

OOC

hit wolf 1

If it is dead, 5ft step out of the way

Name
attack
5
1d20+2 3
damage
7
1d10+1 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Search for a Cure - Post 27

With the sudden appearance of the now-visible kobold, the melee becomes a confused mess. Damian, focused on defending Bella, misses his attempt to take down the wolf. Rawanne, luckily is able to pick up the slack -- her preternaturally long and sharp fangs slicing past fur and muscle and spilling the wolf's lifeblood. With a whimpering howl of pain, the wolf falls to the ground, no longer moving. Bella, taking advantage of the situation, defensively retreats from the blade-wielding kobold joining the others. At the same time, Valeria smacks down the second wolf, watching with a eagle eye as she grips her improvised weapon, as if suspecting a ruse and ready to beat the wolf down a second time.

The kobold, seeing that he's outnumbered, pauses for a moment to consider the situation. With no way to advance without running through a gauntlet of blades and angry humanoids, he looks for a moment like he's going to stand his ground and make everyone come to him through the narrow confines of the passageway. Instead, he retreats into the darkness of the room behind him, his dark scales virtually invisible in the impenetrable gloom of the unlit room.


ENEMIES

Kobold: unharmed (previous) - fled

Wolf 1: 13 = unharmed (previous) + 11 (Bella) +2 (Rawanne)

Wolf 2: 12 =11 (previous) + 1 (Rawanne)

Wolf 3: 6 = 6 (previous) + 8 (Valeria)

Wolf 4: 7 = 7 (previous) + 8 (Valeria)


CHARACTERS

Bella: I assumed that, given a chance, Bella would choose to withdraw instead of attacking the kobold. Let me know if I'm mistaken.

Unless you give chase, combat is over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.ddf9e9fd47ca75ba6d0ed7a28ef80e81.pngRawanne, level 1 half orc sorcerer Serpentine Bloodline
HP: 3/6, AC: 11, tAC: 11, ffAC: 10, CMD: 10, Init +6, Perception +0


"Hey, kobold," Rawanne calls without moving from the safe spot she's found herself in, "Look, you attacked us, yeah."

"Can we talk about this? Maybe come up with a peaceful solution between us? We can't just leave you to sneak around and come after us later and, if we have to come and get you, we're tougher and stronger than you. Why don't we talk about this, okay?"

"We're just looking for some mushrooms. Then we'll be gone and you can have the place to yourself." She wasn't at all sure that the kobold understood the common tongue at all but if he did, maybe he'd talk. It was always better to talk.

 


Actions

Free action:

Standard action: 

Move action: 

Full round action: 


Show Spells

~Cantrips~

Acid Splash

Daze

Mage Hand

Message

 

~First Level~ 1 of 4

Burning Hands

Charm Person

Watch Order

Watch Times Character Nightvision Perception
1st 8pm-Midnight Valeria No +2
2nd 10pm-2am Rawanne Darkvision +0
3rd Midnight-4am Bella Darkvision +7
4th 2am-6am Flint Darkvision +9
5th 4am-8am Damian No +0

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 spacer.pngFlint

Seeing everyone is back together, and the fight is over for the moment, Flint takes a moment to heal everyone. Touching his holy symbol, he utters a quicker pray and unleashes a burst of healing energy.

"That's too many wolves to be raised and trained by one kobold. There are probably others. " Flint suggests. "Let's collect these mushrooms and go before they get brave enough to attack us again."

Seeing people are still injured. He heals again.

Actions

Channel to heal

Channel

 

Stat Block

Skills: Perc+9

S12 D12 C12 I12 W14 CHA 18     HP 9   AC17  Fort3 Ref 2 WillMovement  30'  (20' armor +10 domain)

starknife   +4 attack  1d4+4 dmg  x3 crit  20' range   

Sling  (stones)  +0 attack  1d3+1 dmg  x2  50' range

Channel  4/7 per day    DC14           

Bit of Luck  5/5/day

Feat: Selective channel

 

Edited by Rakle (see edit history)
Name
Channel
2
1d6 2
channel 2
4
1d6 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

AL9nZEWf5tbu1PGKWM66wSm-3n9j80yk3r99TpgE7Md9sL4dUaUgR6DmAgQ5-xaOoBGDlpccJow5sbqH3ehbcOTCCyCRYpi5fQ_YpRutmm0p7IyenH_SXlM9__WCQGHJZtGvQrzTu61-bII2povl0V5HNPH-=s256-no?authuser=0 Valeria Claudianus

spacer.png

Holding her torch in her one hand, Valeria did her best to brush off the smell of dank fur and wet dog on her clothes. When she turned to the others, she had already missed the whole thing with the kobold, not having ever caught any visual of said monster.

 

Trying to follow in the flow of things from the nuances and attempts at conversation from her compatriots, her neck tensed up as she suggested, "So, wait. You're saying this kobold that attacked us just went into that dark place there?"

 

"Why don't we just bar the doors?"


spacer.png Statistics Block

[b][url=https://test.myth-weavers.com/sheets/?id=2736624][color="DarkOrange"]Valeria Claudianus[/color][/url][/b] [i]Human Fighter [Free Hand Fighter] 1 CG[/i] [b]Init[/b] +1; [b]Senses[/b] Perception +2 [hr][/hr][highlight]Defense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]AC[/b] 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (Armour +4, Dex +1) [b]HP[/b] 9 / 13 [b]Fort[/b] +4, [b]Ref[/b] +1, [b]Will[/b] +1 [hr][/hr][highlight]Offense[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Speed[/b] 30 ft. [b]Melee[/b] Short sword +5 (1d6+4; 19-20/×2) Iron Skillet +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Skewer +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Cutting Knife +8 (1d6+4; ×2) Torch +7 (1d4+4 plus 1 fire; ×2) [b]Ranged[/b] Skewer +5 (1d6+4; ×2) Cutting Knife +5 (1d6+4; ×2) [b]Special Attacks[/b] None [hr][/hr][highlight]Statistics[/highlight] [hr][/hr][b]Str[/b] 18, [b]Dex[/b] 12, [b]Con[/b] 15, [b]Int[/b] 13, [b]Wis[/b] 12, [b]Cha[/b] 7 [b]BAB[/b] +1; [b]CMB[/b] +5; [b]CMD[/b] 16 [b]Traits[/b] Rough and ready, Surprise weapon, World traveler [b]Feats[/b] Combat expertise, Catch off-guard, Shikigami style [b]Skills[/b] Craft (Alchemy) +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (Local) +6, Perception +2, Profession (Cook) +5, Survival +5 [b]Languages[/b] Common, Draconic [b]SQ[/b] None [hr][/hr][b]Conditions[/b] None
Valeria Claudianus
Human Fighter [Free Hand Fighter] 1 CG
Init +1; Senses Perception +2
Defense
AC 15, touch 11, flat-footed 14 (Armour +4, Dex +1)
HP 9 / 13
Fort +4, Ref +1, Will +1
Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee Short sword +5 (1d6+4; 19-20/×2)
Iron Skillet +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Skewer +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Cutting Knife +8 (1d6+4; ×2)
Torch +7 (1d4+4 plus 1 fire; ×2)
Ranged Skewer +5 (1d6+4; ×2)
Cutting Knife +5 (1d6+4; ×2)
Special Attacks None
Statistics
Str 18, Dex 12, Con 15, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 7
BAB +1; CMB +5; CMD 16
Traits Rough and ready, Surprise weapon, World traveler
Feats Combat expertise, Catch off-guard, Shikigami style
Skills Craft (Alchemy) +5, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +5, Knowledge (Local) +6, Perception +2, Profession (Cook) +5, Survival +5
Languages Common, Draconic
SQ None
Conditions None

 

spacer.png Actions

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...