Jump to content

Doom of the Savage Kings - IC


cailano

Recommended Posts

Molly.jpg.12e6a20b92637657efe19d090cb51596.jpgFrom his vantage point just inside the entrance to the tomb Molly remembers the bundle he had removed from the pool. "Perhaps it was a ward to keep the serpent from forming."  Quickly he sits he bow and arrow on the ground and shrugs off his pack takes out the bundle he had taken from the pool, the bard makes sure everything is inside it then refolds it and ties it up. "THE BUNDLES WE TOOK FROM THE POOL MAY HAVE BEEN A WARD TO KEEP IT FROM FORMING." He speaks loud enough for everybody to hear as he exits the tomb and gets close enough to toss the bundle back into the pool.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lyra

You get your lasso made but the magic animating the serpent seems to make it semi-solid. Maybe it provides a... skin of some kind? Whatever it is, you think one of you is going to have to punch through it somehow to get the rope to Thugnar.

** OOC - it takes you this round to fetch the rope and make an improvised lasso. Getting to Thugnar will require a successful attack against the water serpent's AC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Bernard1_token.png.02bdfe43f475ca088600b8b3527cda36.png
Bernard D'Ambresi


 Level 1 Warrior/ Noble

AC: 15, HP 14/14, speed 25 Initiative +1

Bernards Stats

Strength: 12(0)   Personality 13(+1)
Agility: 10 (0)   Intelligence 11 (0)
Stamina: 13 (+1)   Luck: 9 (-1)

saving throws

Ref. Fort. Will
1 1 0


Weapon: Longsword 0 (1d8)

Chainmail AC +5

Deed Die: d3 applicable on each roll to attck and damage roles.

Mighty deed of arms: succeeds on d3 roll better than 2

Critical hit: occuring on natural 19 and 20

Weapon training, battle axe, club, crossbow, dagger, dart, ail, hand axe, javelin, longbow, long swrod, mace, polearm, short bow, short sweord, sling, spear, staff, two-handed sword and warhammer.


Equipment: Chain 10' (30 gp)
Trade good: Gold ring worth 10 gp
Starting Funds: 43 cp, 7sp, 6,gp
Lucky sign: Pack hunter (Attack/damage rolls for 0-level weapon) (+0)
Languages: Common

Bernard is the never do well second son of Count Dargolin, and has sent to manage his father’s estate in an out of the way village. In the counts words to stop him from getting into duels with other men all the times, especially not over the wenches. 

He still isn't the shining Champion his father would wish for, but the experiences in the starless sea, have increased his martial skills and sensibilities.

 


Bernard goes for their pole picks it up and lifts its other end towards Tabitha „Tabitha take this perhaps we can run this through the water and give Thugnar something to grab. All we need to do is run past the snake making sure the pole going through where our dwarven friend is

 

ooc

rolling for attack just in case Tabitha agrees to the plan

 

Name
Pole run
18
1d20 18
Link to comment
Share on other sites

spacer.png
HP 10/10 | AC 17 | Init. +1 | CP -6
Ref. +2 | Fort. +1 | Will +0
The serpent had struck at Thugnar before Tabitha could arm herself. As she began to grip for her shield, however, Bernard hefted the pole up and thrust one end at her.
 
"Better idea than I had!" she yelled, gripping the pole and setting herself up to follow the noble's lead. "Ready? Go!" she shouted.
 
OOC

Since Cailano posted that the serpent struck at Thugnar before we could "get into our positions," I'm thinking that means Tabitha doesn't have her shield/flail equipped yet.

I'm not entirely sure what the plan with the pole is?

Are we running on opposite sides, so as to "hit" Thugnar with the middle of it and drag him free? Or are we both grabbing a single end and shoving the other end toward Thugnar so he can hang on and try to pull himself out?

Oh! Looks like a crit? Not sure how that'll work in this scenario though!

 

Name
Pole "attack"
21
1d20+1d3 19,2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Lyra.png.32df5ee4119192a4069477b7c96fdeac.pngLyra, Level 1 Thief, Ostler, Chaotic

AC: 15, HP: 5/5, Speed: 30, Initiative: +3

 

STATS

Abilities

  Strength: 12 (+0)   Personality: 14 (+1)
  Agility: 18 (+3)   Intelligence: 14 (+1)
  Stamina: 8 (-1)   Luck: 14 (+1)

Saving Throws

  Reflex: +4
  Fortitude: +0
  Willpower: +1

Weapons

Weapons Attack Bonus Damage
Staff +0 1d4
Shortbow +3 1d6
Short Sword +0 1d6

Equipment: See Character Sheet

Trade good: Bridle
Money: 6 gp, 7 sp, 25 cp
Lucky sign: Resisted temptation (Willpower saving throws) (+0)
Languages: Common, Kobold
 

Lyra starts twirling the rope. Not having encountered anything like this before she does not know if the rope will pass through the water snakes body or not, but she figures firing arrows into the snake might risk hitting Thugnar. So she does her best to pretend the water snake is a horse and tries to drop the lasso over its head. Once the rope falls down to the level the Thugnar is at she pulls on the rope hoping it will snag him and she can pull him out.

However the slippery snake moves at just the wrong time and the rope misses it altogether.

 

 

Edited by Draidden (see edit history)
Name
Lasso a snake
8
1d20+3 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bernard and Tabitha hold the pole between them like a lance and charge the serpent. You find the magical "skin" of the snake to be thick and difficult to penetrate, but you manage to hit your target so precisely that the pole slams Thugnar in the chest and forces him out the other side of the monster that swallowed him!

The snake writhes around, seemingly in pain, but its body quickly returns to its normal form. Still, you do get the impression that you've injured it somehow. Maybe the magic that holds it together is damaged by your attacks.

 

** OOC - I'm not sure what the crit should do in these circumstances, so I ruled that it freed Thugnar immediately. The pole itself does 1d4 damage, rolled below. The Water Serpent takes 1hp damage. 23hp remaining.

Name
Pole Damage
SyntaxError: Unexpected token z
1d4z
Pole Damage try 2
1
1d4 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Helge Haisley
Token - Helge.png

While certainly full of religious zeal and Justicia's holy light, Helge is uncertain what to make of the water serpent.

Is it a demon? A curse? A local resident that they've rudely disturbed? She can't be sure if it's a force of evil or just an expression of nature's might. It would help if there were stained-glass windows of Justicia battling water serpents, but Helge doesn't know of any.

"Quickly, inside!" she encourages the others, moving toward the entrance of the Tomb. Perhaps it is unwise to leave such a threat outside, waiting for your return, but Helge isn't much of a strategist.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

//i.imgur.com/UZu2gyS.pngCoughing, spitting and gasping a very angry Thugnar took a step back and began to move towards the entrance. He still intended to be the last or one of the last and kept swinging his axe at the creature to keep it away. But would much prefer less open area.

(Moving towards the entrance attacking if possible on the go)

Edited by Dixi (see edit history)
Name
Attack
8
1d20+1d3+2 5,1
Attack
13
1d20+1d3+2 10,1
Attack
11
1d20+1d3+2 7,2
Damage
4
1d10+1d3+2 1,1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Lyra.png.32df5ee4119192a4069477b7c96fdeac.pngLyra, Level 1 Thief, Ostler, Chaotic

AC: 15, HP: 5/5, Speed: 30, Initiative: +3

 

STATS

Abilities

  Strength: 12 (+0)   Personality: 14 (+1)
  Agility: 18 (+3)   Intelligence: 14 (+1)
  Stamina: 8 (-1)   Luck: 14 (+1)

Saving Throws

  Reflex: +4
  Fortitude: +0
  Willpower: +1

Weapons

Weapons Attack Bonus Damage
Staff +0 1d4
Shortbow +3 1d6
Short Sword +0 1d6

Equipment: See Character Sheet

Trade good: Bridle
Money: 6 gp, 7 sp, 25 cp
Lucky sign: Resisted temptation (Willpower saving throws) (+0)
Languages: Common, Kobold
 

Seeing the others have freed Thugnar and everyone is trying to get inside the tomb, Lyra decides to join them. She is not sure if it is wise. It puts them in a much more confined space and who knows if that thing can just flood the tomb with them in it. But she has no desire to be the only one outside with it so she rushes into the tomb as she pulls in her rope and stashes it back onto her backpack.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dixi said:

((OOC: I do not understand what am I doing wrong and why the number of rows doubled))

OOC: You might have accidentally hit the Roll button twice. I have done that type of thing before and gotten double posts and such.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Inside the Tomb

Those who rush into the tomb find themselves in a dark corridor roughly ten feet wide and thirty-five feet long. The hall opens up into a room at the far end, but it is too dark to make out any details of the room.

The hall isn't level. It has a gentle grade, so you'll descend as you walk down it.

The walls and ceiling are made of stone slabs. There is some type of etching on them, but you're too distracted to look closely at them. The air in the tomb is cool and still, and water has pooled along the floor, forming small puddles.

The Water Serpent coils up as if to strike.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...