Out-of-Character Stuff

Blue Jay

APYTJcyMvAwFjDEpHWm1--1--u1ofd.jpg.65423bc9552a24bd2ecfffcd913915d3.jpg

18 minutes ago, Faeryl_ said:

I've been trying to avoid AI art whenever possible because most of it is very samey. But you know what? Let's see what you can get. Female Elf pirate is the character concept. Bonus if she has dark hair too.

zHtd0SukMzXO8DTlWsvp--1--52obr.jpg.f89bf58d5095739f043c0799afe78ee2.jpg

Either of these work?

Edited by darlis moonbeam (see edit history)

On 7/8/2024 at 7:05 PM, DragonFriend said:

Worst of the hurricane has pasted me and I'm fortunate enough to be in the small part of my city that somehow still has power. @joran1313 You get through it okay?

I'm ok! I was able to maintain power through it only to lose it the next day when they shut it off to fix some lines. Power is back now though. Cell and internet has been wonky though. Lost a tree in the front of my apartment complex. Haven't been able to work last few as the power is still off in many many locations in the area. Greater Houston area seems to not take adverse weather well despite getting adverse weather often.

On 7/8/2024 at 9:27 PM, darlis moonbeam said:

I had proposed two ideas that were rattling around in my head. One was a planetar angel healer. The other was a Xeph soulblade/Ranger.

6OmhVllkNudweoyVt1Yq--1--dh7wr.jpg.0d6886b7c7ba1c42586beb1654b64161.jpg5D1nQYpDYxJkHsfabNe2--1--loxcn.jpg.2aadcddf7049692488161b40f3b7ab46.jpg

Why not both? I kinda like both concepts, but I would need a little more to make a better decision.

7 minutes ago, darlis moonbeam said:

What would you want different? This was a very simple write up, I have done a lot more complex write ups.

It's more the uncanny valley effect that a lot of AI art gives off. Especially in stuff that's more "realistic".

54 minutes ago, Faeryl_ said:

I've been trying to avoid AI art whenever possible because most of it is very samey. But you know what? Let's see what you can get. Female Elf pirate is the character concept. Bonus if she has dark hair too.

I think it depends on the tools used.

Did you have any specifics for the art? Art style, dress (captain vs crew), color pallet, stance, actions, setting? Or was it more of an inspiration thing?

The character in question was my attempt to make use of the Stormwrack book as much as possible while also doing elf-y stuff. Rogue, Swashbuckler, Cleric, Scarlet Corsair and Seeker of the Misty Isle were the classes that make up the build (with a bit of DFA thrown in for easy access to knowledge skills for knowledge devotion).

I don't really have any idea of the character beyond "is an elf pirate that is also a priestess. An elf in search of the "Misty Isle" where there are "lost elves". So she's an explorer first and pirate/privateer second. That doesn't say much about appearances, I realize, but that's all I have. Everything else is just her name, Ravazorwyn ("Rava") and an idea that she's dark-haired.

A tricorne hat would be beneficial to see on the image, but is by no means required.

Okay, last edit: Inhabitants of rainy climates and misty seacoasts, and those who make their living from the sea, need reliable clothing to keep out the dampness and chill. An oilskin suit consists of high boots, heavy trousers, a long coat or cape, and a wide-brimmed hat. These garments are made of heavy-duty cloth such as cotton or linen, then waterproofed with flaxseed oil. (emphasis mine; description of the oilskin suit from Stormwrack)

Edited by Faeryl_ (see edit history)