General Discussion

Poor_Knight

The Description tab is private in dndbeyond unless the character is in a campaign. Then, you as the DM, will be able to see those details.

And yes, you're able to type whatever you want into the Bonds, Flaws, Ideals, etc. sections regardless of which digital source books you own.

Edited by TricksterArcane (see edit history)

As TA mentioned, it's under the Description tab, and typing it has always been an option. I will note on DnD Beyond's UI, you type it in and it's immediately there. You don't press enter or save, so it may confuse you in that regard; it certainly did me for the longest time. If you pre-select one of the pre-made ones, you can also edit it. So for example, for Grenden I selected "I hero worship some fella from my faith" and edited it to be a specific character I like from the Brimstone Angels series that's highly relevant to the god he worships (helped free Azuth from Asmodeus during the Second Sundering, at the cost of his own life).

• 1 month later...

With Greyhawk appearing in the 2024 DMG, what are the chances they 1.) open up ALG to Greyhawk modules for 2025, and 2.) allow Tales from the Yawning Portal, Ghosts of Saltmarsh, and Tales from the Infinite Staircase to be in Greyhawk?

Hi All - thank you for the thoughts and apologies for the silence. I mentioned in some of my games that a work issue took a serious turn. All is well and as I was thinking I was able to resume posting (before we went on a vacation) one of our cats gave us a scare. So that continued the chaos at home right before we went on vacation (for which I had to front load a lot of my school work for while I was away).

Back from vacation now. Will be checking in on my games in the coming days as I get caught up on after-vacation workload.

6 hours ago, Poor_Knight said:

Hi All - thank you for the thoughts and apologies for the silence. I mentioned in some of my games that a work issue took a serious turn. All is well and as I was thinking I was able to resume posting (before we went on a vacation) one of our cats gave us a scare. So that continued the chaos at home right before we went on vacation (for which I had to front load a lot of my school work for while I was away).

Back from vacation now. Will be checking in on my games in the coming days as I get caught up on after-vacation workload.

I'm glad your back, and I hope all is well, with Cat, Vacation, and work.

On 7/6/2024 at 10:32 AM, Poor_Knight said:

Thanks for checking in & updating us. Sending positive thoughts your way.