Sailors on the Silver Sea: An Astral Adventure

...and when he knew for certain
Only drowning men could hear him,
He said "All men will be sailors, then!
Until the sea shall free them..."

Hi, folks!

I've been running a Dungeon World game set in the D&D Astral Sea for a little while now. It's been great, but we've had two players drop out due to real-life concerns, so we're recruiting two players. Now's your chance, whether you've wanted to try Dungeon World, been nostalgic for Planescape, or just think that an endless silver sea full of ancient ruins and mysterious islands sounds cool.

You don't need to be particularly familiar with the setting. Here are the basics: people in your typical D&D worlds have their souls go to the Astral Plane as they die, where if they're lucky they wake up inside the dominion of whatever deity they worshipped. If they're not lucky, they wake up outside it, locked out of it and unable to enter, and have to make their own afterlife out in the Astral.
These dominions are like bubbles or islands in the Astral Sea, and they are some of the biggest established locations in the Astral, though by no means the only ones.
The Astral Sea stretches on forever, and the further you go, the less stuff you encounter, and the stranger that stuff is.

The current players have a stolen Githyanki battle-skiff, the Lich Queen's Grasp, and a small crew of unlikely personages whom they rescued from galley-slavery. They just finished up a treasure-pilfering mission that didn't go nearly as well as they hoped, and they're currently making a stop at Ioun's Archive of Obsolete Knowledge, a small mote in the Deep Astral.

If you're interested in joining up, feel free to work up a character concept. Tell me how long you've been dead (and therefore roaming the Astral) and a little about who you are and why you're chossing to sail the dangerous Deep Astral rather than making a new life for yourself in a divine dominion, border island, or Astral city.

Wake: the silver dusk returning
Up the beach of darkness brims,
And the ship of sunrise burning
Strands upon the eastern rims.

Wake: the vaulted shadow shatters,
Trampled to the floor it spanned,
And the tent of night in tatters
Straws the sky-pavilioned land.

Up, lad, up, 'tis late for lying:
Hear the drums of morning play;
Hark, the empty highways crying
"Who'll beyond the hills away?"

This is my first time running Dungeon World, but now that I've been running this game for a while, I've got a pretty good grasp on the feedback loop at the heart of the game and feel more than comfortable running it via PbP.

For setting inspiration, I'd recommend the (really excellent) D&D 4E The Plane Above book on the Astral for the basics, and the various AD&D 2E Planescape material for strange specifics.