Because I wasn't already running too many of these

What? She's talking about crafting magic. Perverts.

Hallo and welcome to another installment in the "Catherine Cook runs a PF/FFD20 game based on a JRPG" series!
This time around, I'm looking at Ar Tonelico, a hidden gem for PS2 which is, no joke, my absolute favorite JRPG of all times. Truth be told, this is not the first time I've ran a game based on the little masterpiece, but leaving aside the fact that my first attempt ended up colliding with what was perhaps the worst period of my entire life, which led me to abandon this forum for a while, there is also the fact that, quite honestly, that attempt was doomed to failure from the start: the peculiar format of Ar Tonelico's narrative does not lend itself to a game for a party.

However, compared to back then, I now have two aces up my sleeve: firstly, I have discovered this mod for Pathfinder, which is REALLY good for porting JRPGs into tabletop format; secondly and most importantly, I have had a great deal of success with the "run it as a solo game, have it stick as close as possible to the source material, and run it for multiple people in parallel" formula, which is allowing me to let a large number of people enjoy my weird JRPG-esque ideas, with minimum effort on my part: once all the materials for a solo game have been gathered and planned out, running the game for one person or for one million makes absolutely no difference for me, so yeah, we're once again going with that formula.

I should probably tell you about what makes Ar Tonelico so peculiar: to make a long story short, it's the fact that it combines JRPG elements with dating sim elements. What this means is that your relationship with the heroine(s) of the game is an actual game mechanic, and how you evolve your relationship with them during the dating sim portion will directly affect their combat performances in the JRPG portion: how I have ported this into tabletop format will be explained once the game actually starts.
For now, you can read about the premise of the setting, as well as the things your character would know about the world, in the topics I posted in this section. You will play as Lyner Barsett, the protagonist of the game: in this other section you can read the prompt for character creation, as well as the mechanical rules.

Again, I'm planning to run this as a solo game, but that doesn't mean that I will accept only one person: application process will last for a couple of weeks, and then I will run multiple parallel versions of this game, one for each app that managed to truly impress me. If the unique premise of this game and this setting has managed to catch your attention, by all means do give it a try!