Waterdeep: The Last Resistance

Hello! I'm looking for three additional players for my game. This is a steampunk style game taking place a thousand years in Faerun's current timeline. There is tech and magical tech that is early 20th century era.

Neo Waterdeep

3rd level
Abilities can rolled using the rolling system in the Player's Handbook or Standard array. You can also take the array if you are dissatisfied with your rolls. You'll also roll for Infamy.

Material
All published material is available. Additionally Unearthed Arcana is available if it fits the theme of the game. Just run it by me first.

Crunch
Your character is from the Sword Coast which is occupied by the Sovereign Union. A government that controls nearly every aspect of life of its citizens. No other races fared the hardest more so than the long lived races like the elves. There are even fewer elves in Faerun then ever before. Most elves and gnome escaped to Evermeet or have gone into hiding as they are taken away by the Union.
Your character either escape occupied Waterdeep or is the child of survivors. Your character now lives on a small floating city and part of a team of Resistance fighters.

Things to included in your backstory.
1. How did they or their parents escape Neo Waterdeep?
2. What is their role in the Resistance?

Deadline: June 26th