Myth Weavers Storycrafting Contest - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Myth Weavers Storycrafting Contest

Myth Weavers Storycrafting Contest

On December 15th we will begin the Myth Weavers Storycrafting Contest, which will have some great prizes! Writers will have two months to write a short story about a fantasy-setting holiday that has been selected by staff. Check the OOC mouseover on the writing prompt for more details!

The contest begins on December 15th, 2018 at 9 AM US Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5), and will end February 16, 2019 at 9 AM US Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5).

Contest Scope
Writing Prompt:
In addition to creating your story, you must create/explain the holiday itself (through the telling of the story) as you would interpret that holiday title.
Day of Bones

Genre: May be from classical fantasy up to and including modern fantasy
Word Count Limit: 5,000 Words (Max Limit)
Formatting: 12 pt Courier Sans or Times New Roman, single spaced, with title and username byline at top
Grand Prize:
Three Runner Up Prizes:
  • $25 DrivethruRPG e-giftcard

Submission of WorkEmail your completed story to weaver@myth-weavers.com in doc, rtf, or pdf format! By emailing your entry, you agree to all listed contest terms and conditions. Include your MW username and Storycrafting Contest and most importantly, [CONTEST] in the subject line to ensure it's sorted properly!

Received Submissions
  • Gris
  • Daryk
  • QuirkyJoe
  • ngoyke
  • DoubleGold
  • Underleaf
  • Siderea
  • Chase
  • Nephelli
  • Shire

Woot! So exciting.

Alright folks, contest details are up, less the holiday title! The holiday title will be revealed at 9 AM, US Eastern Standard Time, on December 15 to kick off the contest.

Yay!
I may even try this!

I'm definitely trying this. Best way to come out of my 10 year writing hiatus, me thinks.

The only writing contests I've ever entered have been to audition characters for games here, but this is ... intriguing. Posting interested so the thread will keep pinging me lest I forget.

>Jim Butcher Novel (author signed, particular book pending)

HELL'S BELLS! I was already gonna try to do this because it was fun, but now I really wanna win it!

Hmm... family off for their own holiday while Daddy's on employment duty. Could be a window of opportunity to give this a crack...