Anime / Manga - Page 148 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

Anime / Manga

Yeah, Goblin Slayer isn't too bad after the initial shock value of the first episode. The manga occasionally brings it up a bit, but it's not quite as graphic in the sexual violence end. It's still fairly gory, though, but it seems to balance this out with some fairly light-hearted interaction with the party. Which is nice, because otherwise it'd be too grimdark for my tastes.

I wonder what would happen if Ninja scroll was released in this day and age...

Having a hard time waiting for next season. I need that Boogiepop and Promised Neverland in my life. Also more Mob psycho? Yes plz.....I even watched the terrible live action adaption.

That Dororo remake looking bloody as hell.

Almost forgot but the first Princess Principal movie comes out next season too. Considering how awesome the animation in the tv series was I am hype af for the movies.

There is talk of the guy who is making the Castlevania series on Netflix doing a Berserk crossover. Can I get a hell ya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale_Valkyrie View Post
There is talk of the guy who is making the Castlevania series on Netflix doing a Berserk crossover. Can I get a hell ya?
After the eyesore that was the last foray into berserk with the 2016-2017 series. I'd rather just about every studio stay away from berserk.

Castlevania looks great though. Berserk is most popular by those outside of Japan so I think Adi Shankar will do right by Berserk. Berserk needs love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale_Valkyrie View Post
Castlevania looks great though. Berserk is most popular by those outside of Japan so I think Adi Shankar will do right by Berserk. Berserk needs love!
Berserk needs a proper series that faithfully covers the actual series, that isn't just showing the origin/golden age arc. And none of that ugly 3d animation nonsense by talent that can properly convey the original artists talent

Agreed, really enjoyed the latest chapter in the manga. I would be very pleased if it looked like Castlevania but would be disappointed if it were to skip over chapters or felt rushed.

Anyone been watching the new season of Baki? It's AMAZING so far. It's oozing 90s era anime. Not that I dislike contemporary anime that have made a departure from the testosterone-fueled stuff, but I'm loving the return of it. I wouldn't be surprised to see it become extremely popular in the west considering the subject matter.