Break This Build!! - Page 2 - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Break This Build!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
Hah! Become Freeza! Hide a transformation power inside the transformation power that's inside your OTHER transformation power.

Hilarity ensues.
Resisting urge to make Inception joke....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanaNari View Post
Hah! Become Freeza! Hide a transformation power inside the transformation power that's inside your OTHER transformation power.

Hilarity ensues.
Yo dawg I herd u like Alternate Powers so we put an alternate power in your alternate power so you can transform while u transform.

...Couldn't help it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjaguineapig View Post
Yo dawg I herd u like Alternate Powers so we put an alternate power in your alternate power so you can transform while u transform.

...Couldn't help it.
You made me do this...

Also, interesting premise for this thread. I like the idea of these kinds of educational threads where people show each other the exploits for the sake of learning about how they work and therefor how to prevent or circumvent them. +1 to OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viletta Vadim View Post
From an actual game, though I showed restraint.

Six interchangeable PC-level summons at my beck and call for forty-five points. Which means seven pools for soaking damage and fatigue.
How I learned, as a GM, that Summon is broken

Why are we even TALKING about 'breaking' an open-ended point-buy system like M&M? Those are always so trivially easy to break that breaking them isn't really the point.

I don't think that ease of breaking is in question here. M&M is an incredibly versatile system that allows players to create any character they can think of without cramming them into artificial constructs such as classes. However, as we all know, flexibility and abusability are directly proportional to one another. Just look at some of the monstrosities that get submitted to any mid level D&D 3.5 game when there is a wide open field of sources available.

The point here is to take three specific powers and give examples of the most common exploits that new GMs may miss so that they can be prepared in case a player (intentionally or otherwise) submits a character that takes advantage of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toptomcat View Post
Why are we even TALKING about 'breaking' an open-ended point-buy system like M&M? Those are always so trivially easy to break that breaking them isn't really the point.
As stated in the opening post, the OP is looking to run an M&M campaign in the near future that makes extensive use of the powers in question, so wants to know how they can be exploited.. I'd assume he wants to be ready for people using those options and either shoot them down or know how to deal with them in his campaign.