Help Wanted for Fleshing and Designing new world! - OG Myth-Weavers

Notices

GM Workshop

A community-created and maintained place for Game Masters of all systems to bounce ideas around. It's a place for inspiration and sharing tips.

Help Wanted for Fleshing and Designing new world!

Help Wanted for Fleshing and Designing new world!

Alright. I have been out of the game for a long time now, rare instances of inspiration, random note taking, and over-night conversations. I am creating a new campaign world designed for 3.0/3.5. I have notes on it, no scanner, and i am no good with map makers right now. I am simply looking for someone to help me co-create this with me, me with creative control, them with helping me bounce around ideas, rules, specifics, broads, everything really. i have the bare bones of it in my head, will be getting rest of notes next saturday from friends house. Will post more info if/when i get some interest/help posts.

If you throw me some descriptions, I can throw you some maps. Map making is what I'm enjoying most at the moment, and I'd love some inspiration.
I'll link my first dungeon map, once I'm happy enough with it to share.

If it's going to be posted in this thread, I'd be willing to occasionally pop in and leave comments/suggestions.

World: Thaelin

edit: edited the atmosphere content to reflect the reason for humans and other races being so long lived. with more oxygen content, more can get into the blood stream, the healthier they will be, the longer they can live. Think back to biblical times, when dying at around 100 years old was a curse, and most could live to around 900 years or so.

Lots of details, lots of room to grow, now you just need a starting point. I'll wait until you've posted the specific continent notes before I make any deep observations, but the technical specs seem like a solid starting point.

I'm great for helping with societal design. Government, logical city layout, noble groups, relationship connections between people and factions and cities.

Just my little addition. If you want to know what your world really could look like, go get SpaceEngine make it in there. It can take some time, but the visuals are fantastic. I'm currently trying to import a procedurally generated city from CityEngine onto the planet map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elder_Kin View Post
Just my little addition. If you want to know what your world really could look like, go get SpaceEngine make it in there. It can take some time, but the visuals are fantastic. I'm currently trying to import a procedurally generated city from CityEngine onto the planet map.
Well, that would be great, if my graphics card wasn't burnt out. I am using a laptop that a friend gave to me, he got a nice new macbook for college. The most i can do graphics wise is watch youtube, and normal video stuff. No 3d rendering for me.