This week in video games... - Page 714 - Myth-Weavers

Notices

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Just saw the trailer yesterday, I'm pretty sure I'd be that guy hiding behind the car. Also I feel like that's going to be a tutorial mission somehow

Anyone giving the Sea of Thieves beta free weekend a try?

Is it just me or does every paradox game lose like 10% of its FPS after every patch?

It seems to happen too frequently to be coincidence though I'll commend them for the improvements that came with Jade and the Reaper's Due. As far as Stellaris goes... well, I haven't booted it up in a few months to check but I have a bad feeling.

Its really different now. It used to be you chose the FTL travel, and starting weapons, now you have all three weapons, and everyone has hyperdrive with lanes. Wormholes still exist though, but require technology to use safely. They also changed how star systems are claimed, you make an outpost in every system now, and also they can be transformed into shipyards now, and there is one even in the home system. You also build defense platforms on the shipyard outposts.

Also, you have to claim a system before you can colonize a planet in it now.

I heard as much through a update video on YouTube. Everything looks quite different from the last time I gave it a go with Synthetic Dawn. I'm of mixed feelings how FTL has been limited at the beginning of the game. The choice always seemed an interesting decision point when creating a species, but I suppose there's some benefit to the new method. I'm interested... but Stellaris is a game that I have be in the right mood to play and I haven't yet. It's enjoyable, but time consuming. I adore trying to role-play a species, coming up with some backstory for them. It distresses me to no end to leave that section blank.

I haven't gotten through much of the first one, is the second a direct continuations of the story? Would it make sense if I haven't done several full clears if the first one and expansions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnd4life View Post
I haven't gotten through much of the first one, is the second a direct continuations of the story? Would it make sense if I haven't done several full clears if the first one and expansions?
It is a direct continuation of the first one. However according to news posted by the devellopers, no need to have played the first one one apparently everything will be in the intro and the game will have the option to decide your world state ALA witcher 3 simulate a save option.

Of course you can also export your Pillars of eternity 1 save

Sounds good. Will keep an eye on it then and see if it's something I want to snag sooner rather than later. Thanks for the info Knight!