Hello, I think I want to GM on here - Myth-Weavers

Introductions

Newcomers, don't be shy, come and introduce yourself! Our members will be delighted to bring you into the fold.

Hello, I think I want to GM on here

Hello, I think I want to GM on here

So I'm now to this site and to play by post. I want to run Forbidden Lands if anyone is interested, though I suppose that's a topic for a different thread.

Welcome to Myth-Weavers!

If you happen to be new to Play by Post, take a look into our New to PbP thread. Also our Dice Roller help page will likely interest you.

From there, I'm sure you've already looked into our Games and Ads section, where all the games that are recruiting will post. Since you're looking to run a game (although I'm not familiar with Forbidden Lands), that's where you'll want to start things going. That said, you may want to go to the adjacent section of Game Planning and start things there, to help flesh out your ideas (and to see if there's any takers for that system).

FYI, currently, D&D 5e and Pathfinder continue to reign as the most popular systems on the Weave, but there's usually a demand for everything but D&D.

Lastly, feel free to check out Discord Channel. Just avoid the welcoming harpoons...

Once again, welcome aboard the Weave!

@EyeholesMike (that's an interesting name) listen to the great and wise Yamazaki.

Talk to your fellow Myth-Weavers in the forums, and on Discord, then work on building a fantastic game ad! In fact, the Weaving Myths™ (a wholly owned subsidiary of Myth-Weavers) crew have spoken about this in their podcast: Weaving Myths (though @Nathan needs to update the list. There are 6 Season 3 episodes.)

I have it on good authority that Season 1, Episode 1 contains some conversation on some good ways to design game ads. It's been brought up briefly in later episodes, and always check out the GAME OF THE WEEK! (in the Reference spoiler in the link I provided for visuals.)

Good luck! And enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeholesMike View Post
So I'm now to this site and to play by post. I want to run Forbidden Lands if anyone is interested, though I suppose that's a topic for a different thread.
Welcome to MW!
Forbidden Lands sounds interesting, though I'm not sure I'd have the time to join. However, we've got a healthy community of old-school players on MW that you can find on this link here. Your game sounds like it would attract a healthy interest among this group of players, if you're willing to teach the newbies.

Contrary to other people on this site, I'd advise you to keep away from PF and the latest three editions of D&D. They always get a number of applicants, true, but this way you never know whether the players are there to play in your game, or in any game...
It's a point of view that's not really popular on this site, but it has served me well!