This week in video games... - Page 745 - Myth-Weavers

General Discussion

All-purpose section for discussions that donít clearly belong in any of the other categories.

This week in video games...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomnotJerry View Post
Spiderman for the PS4 was a blast! I haven't gotten the DLC for it but a sequel is something that I want badly - a lot of choices and options for that to go.

I have yet to play RDR2 but I hear it is quite a spectacular game - Reddit memes galore.
Yes, I really hope a sequel is in the works. So many ways it could go. New villains, returning villains, more allies and almost certainly the black suit!

I got the resident evil game and now I am terrified of Mister X because I was in the safety hallway a hallway no Zombies ever go it nice I safety type writer.

THEN HE BURST IN ROOM MARCHING TOWARDS ME.

EITHER WAY HE CAN FOLLOW ME ALMOST EVERYWHERE!

Not sure if we have any Pillars of Eternity 2 players on here, but last week they rolled out a beta that allows combat to become turn based! I started a new game and did the first combat and it seems like they did a really good job implementing it so far.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/10...notes-for-410/

As someone who could not at all get into the RTwP version of POE2, I am enjoying the turn based mode immensely. There are a few snags and bugs and weird interactions with mechanics, but overall it's a tremendous achievement, and I'm very happy it's part of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
Been playing Spiderman on the PS4.
Web swinging is lots of fun, and I am half way through the second DLC chapter.
I really hope a sequel is coming, I really enjoyed this game.
I bought a PS4 just for it, though I am sure I will get other nice games too.

I got Red Dead 2 with the PS4 too, but haven't tried it yet (wanted to clear spiderman first)

In between web swinging, I played a little smash bros and Xcom 2.
Smash Bros just isn't worth my time single player, and so I've only played a little. I want to unlock new characters though!

Xcom 2 I cleared a few weeks ago, so playing a second play thru in drips and drabs! The DLC really rounded this game out and made it fun rather than just frustrating.
RDR2 is fantastic. I'll have to check out the Spiderman title. My next purchase will probably be Kingdom Hearts 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyArcanine View Post
I got the resident evil game and now I am terrified of Mister X because I was in the safety hallway a hallway no Zombies ever go it nice I safety type writer.

THEN HE BURST IN ROOM MARCHING TOWARDS ME.

EITHER WAY HE CAN FOLLOW ME ALMOST EVERYWHERE!
There is no such thing as a safe room anymore. Especially where Mister X is concerned. This is probably both my favorite and most irritating update that this game: you truly are not safe anywhere.

I picked up Wargroove for Switch. People are comparing it to Advance Wars, and it's a nice little turn based strategy game, and even better you can make your own maps and scenarios. I ended up making a map called "Chess" which is pretty much what you think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerpyArcanine View Post
There is a glitch where two Mr X's Spawn
Reproduceable? Sounds like a donation incentive for GDQ. "Any%, Double Mister X"

I would be intrigued enough to try Pilars of Eternity again if it had working turn based combat. Both it and Pathfinder Kingmaker were really irritating in RTwP combat. Enough so I didn't keep either.

The Resident Evil 2 Remake was a blast. Clammering for every additional bullet and trying to evade Mr. X were well balanced for me.