Weaving Myths: A Myth Weavers Podcast - Page 2 - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Weaving Myths: A Myth Weavers Podcast

Ouch. That's 3am where I am, so if the schedule keeps the same I'll not be terribly able to participate. A shame, but I hope you have fun with it! I enjoyed listening to the first episode, and I'll be checking out the next ones as well.

Weaving Myths Episode 1 has been uploaded to SoundCloud and is now available for listening! Check the first post of this thread for the link.

Will have to see if I can't find some time to settle and check this out. Probably closer to when I get home. Though I wanted to ask, if it mainly just the Admins that are doing the talking and everyone else if they'd like to contribute is through chat correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnd4life View Post
Will have to see if I can't find some time to settle and check this out. Probably closer to when I get home. Though I wanted to ask, if it mainly just the Admins that are doing the talking and everyone else if they'd like to contribute is through chat correct?
Yep, the staff are the only voices you'll hear. Every question or contribution to the discussion by members is made through text chat.

Only about ten minutes into episode one, and the quality is already noticeably better than episode 0! Great stuff!

Episode 2 is now live on SoundCloud! Check the first post of this thread for the link.

I see listed topics for Game Abandonment and Game Attrition, but what about Leaving a Game? Good signs or reasons that one should, as either a player or a GM, bow out of a game and how best to part on good terms (or, you know, at least as good as one can under the circumstances).

I know I've had to give up several games for any number of reasons, but there's also been times where I've willingly allowed games to stall or just stagnate due to being unable to commit to cutting the cord, even if I knew in my heart it was what I needed to do. I can't be the only one and I think it'd make for an interesting topic of discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsei View Post
I see listed topics for Game Abandonment and Game Attrition, but what about Leaving a Game? Good signs or reasons that one should, as either a player or a GM, bow out of a game and how best to part on good terms (or, you know, at least as good as one can under the circumstances).

I know I've had to give up several games for any number of reasons, but there's also been times where I've willingly allowed games to stall or just stagnate due to being unable to commit to cutting the cord, even if I knew in my heart it was what I needed to do. I can't be the only one and I think it'd make for an interesting topic of discussion.
An excellent suggestion! I'll add it to the list.

An excellent suggestion indeed. I know I've hung onto games I should have dropped both for my own good and that of the players who stayed. Well, OK, one game at least. Given that I've only quit two games in my time here, there might have been more but I just didn't notice.

Unfortunately, pretty much all of the staff, including me, have other obligations this weekend. Weaving Myths Episode 3 is postponed until June 17th. Sorry everyone!