Favorite character? - Myth-Weavers

Gaming Discussion

For all things gaming related.

Favorite character?

Favorite character?

So, I'm bored, and I also need one more post to be able to post links (need to in order to apply to a game..) So, I decided, why not do something like this. What's your favorite character you've made?
Mine is Zariz, a human (not a variant human) monk. I swear I roll the worst when I play her. Either that or I get 3 natural 20s on attack rolls followed by max damage. There is no in between for me. This leads to some hilarious moments. For instance, the time that she missed all of her attacks when trying to push an enemy off of an airship (open hand monk, there were airships in that campaign.) This leading to a hostage getting killed. Put a reply below, with your favorite character and a funny or awesome story!

Mine Is T'hargor Mc Allan O'Réibeach...an AD&D1 magic user with mighty psionics to boot... I played him till level 13, in particular through the famous Giants series.He's not quite human, his father being a human looking tiefling, and his mother a Melnibonéan princess, but any differences from normal mankind are purely cosmetic, no darkvision or special powers... also, unlike most mages, he doesn't shy from melee... he can cast Tenser's transformation and owns a wand that's basically a lightsaber.

Well, this is an easy one for me, although it was a 3.5 character not a 5e. A little over a year ago I made a militant rogue/barbarian two weapon fighter speed build for a game that was looking for athletic, agile and rogue-ish characters to set out on a very interesting plot hook. In the opening scene a vengeful wizard and a few crossbow wielding flunkies set fire to the Inn we were staying at by launching a fireball at the Inn. My rogue safely exited the premises from a rope he had tied from the second story window and proceeded to run full tilt in berserking fury toward the assailants in an all out suicide-like blitz without knowing if he had any backup. He dodged several crossbow bolts and another fireball (gotta love evasion!) and upon rolling a natural 20 tripped the mage and almost sliced him in two pieces with his scimitar with another nat 20 on his first attack. Singlehandedly with some great luck of the dice and a burst of speed that left jaws dropping the antagonists were defeated in short order with the mage dying quicker than he could speak! Another nat 20 was rolled with one of my skill checks as the other survivors and PC's approached the grizzly scene. I was so excited I couldn't sleep that night after my posts, waiting to see what would happen next. Sadly, the game died before it really got going but that was the most exciting scene ive ever been a part of in PbP gaming. The character lives on in another game but has taken on different aspects based on creation rules but man that was fun! @Living Steel, thanks for that, it was fun while it lasted!

OOps, 5th ed, then this is another easy one : Vornim of Kilsek, a Drow >Warlock, currently lvl12. he started his career as a slave, due to having rejected the cult of Lolth (at the time he was a demon worshiper of Graz'zt, but later in game his contract was bought by Titania and he lost most of his offensive spells).

After 40 years of playing, I have a bunch. I guess my favorite has to be Mungray the Great. He was my first character ever. Started as a level 1 Magic User in AD&D. After a close call on his first adventure (1d4 HP and 1 Magic Missile was all those old timers had), he never looked back. I eventually retired him after successfully completing the Demigod test in Dungeon Magazine. Now he's part of the pantheon in the 5e campaign I run, and he's the 'Otherworldy Patron' for one of the Warlocks.

Mangus Mangusson, an exiled and clanless dwarf barbarian who's convinced that he is basically the noble main character in some glorious epic, but who is really just a cowardly greedy treasure hunter.

I'm sort of a powergamer, although not in the video-gamey, action-oriented sense. I like characters that have some level of self-sufficiency, in that s/he can go off on her own at least for a while.

I love my Human Druid 18 who started off with Magic Initiatie (Wizard) for Prestidigitation, Minor Illusion, and Find Familiar. She had an owl familiar for scouting and fluff, wild shape for combat and utility, full caster levels and druid spells, and a couple of Wizard cantrips for shenanigans. No need to wash any of our equipment (Prestidigitation), no need to bother with food (Goodberry), and no need to bother looking for hiding spots in a pinch (Minor Illusion a crate or rock, and sit inside it like Solid Snake). She could even play the face in a pinch with her 14 Charisma and Deception proficiency.

I try to get Magic Initiate (Druid) for all of my non-Druid characters as much as I can. Goodberry is just that good for me. Got stuck in some place without food? Goodberry provides nourishment. One of the party is down and dying? 1 Goodberry = 1 hp = back into the fray. Found a group of starving refugees or captives? 1 casting of Goodberry = 10 people fed. And then there's Mending and Guidance.

My favorite character I've created so far is Kuro Tenshi, An Protector Aasimar Rouge/Fighter/Divine Soul combo for the most part he was a hack and slash type of guy but had emergency healing and defense spells at his command. In Roleplay he was the roguish angel who was sweet to a childhood friend and vowed to always protect her

in terms of story however I had a female wizard/cleric girl who was trying her best to scout something with her rogue boyfriend and a few others and even though she had stealth through the roof with special magic and such (Pass without Trace cast by a ranger) she rolled a 1 on her stealth check, got her dress caught in some bushes and fell creating a large poof of dust which alerted a patrol. To say she and the group booked it to escape was an understatement and she was apologizing for a while.

In a Irl 5th edition long campaign dnd game I have this old human wizard who is actually a mind flayer casting a ton of illusion and deceiving everyone. Essentially he is on a quest to become a lich because he thinks he can do better than the lazy elder brains if he had their lifespan.

Right now in the group he is the least shady character because the rest is also hiding their own quirks/sad backstories but making those facts obvious in and out of character, so naturally the other players react to that. While I and my character are just smoothly breezing through as if nothing is out of the ordinary, except he is very much out of the ordinary. There was one moment where someone cast detect evil which could have normally cast suspicious on my character, however, he is not evil and thus the smooth deception continued. I have been keeping this up for months now, can't wait for the perfect dramatic reveal because they don't suspect a thing.

Right now i guess my favorite character was a recent 5e i made for a oneshot. Vergil Naughda; He's a tiefling artificer that travels the land searching haunted locations to prove that ghosts aren't real. There's just something so silly about in a sword and sorcery campaign with dragons and demons and the fact that he himself is like a 6ft devil man he's so adamantly stubborn that this one specific thing isn't real.